J&D1008

JUNE 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

636 posts in this topic

June updates for today: 

93500: 1 Other (Name Was Updated) (0 new / 1 in progress)
95000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
95500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
96000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
96500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
99000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
99500: 2 Approvals (0 new / 2 in progress)
100500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
101000: 3 Approvals, 1 RFER (1 new / 3 in progress)
101500: 3 Approvals (0 new / 3 in progress)
102000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
103500: 1 RFER (1 new / 0 in progress)
104000: 1 RFER (1 new / 0 in progress)
104500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
106500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
11/23/22: 21 Total Updates: 17 Approvals, 3 RFERs, 1 Other (Name Was Updated)

May (13) + June (21) =34

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, Optimist19 said:

I did a scan today, but there were no updates for May or June. USCIS should have been open today, but I'm assuming many employees were likely off. 

They are busy with the Black Friday

June updates for today:

93500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
94500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
95500: 1 Denial (0 new / 1 in progress)
97000: 1 Denial (0 new / 1 in progress)
98500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
99000: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
99500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
100500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
101000: 1 Approval, 1 RFER (0 new / 2 in progress)
101500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
102500: 1 Denial, 1 Withdrawal (0 new / 2 in progress)
103000: 3 RFERs (1 new / 2 in progress)
104000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
105000: 2 Approvals, 1 RFER (1 new / 2 in progress)
105500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
106000: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
106500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
11/29/22: 23 Total Updates: 10 Approvals, 9 RFERs, 3 Denials, 1 Withdrawal

May (6) + June (23) = 29 

May and June updates for today: 

84000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
85000: 2 Approvals (0 new / 2 in progress)
12/1/22: 3 Total Updates: 3 Approvals

93500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
97500: 2 Approvals (0 new / 2 in progress)
102500: 1 Denial (0 new / 1 in progress)
103000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
104500: 2 Approvals (0 new / 2 in progress)
105000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
12/1/22: 12 Total Updates: 10 Approvals, 1 RFER, 1 Denial

May (3) + June (12) = 15 

May and June updates for today: 

87000: 1 RFER, 1 Other (Document Is Being Held For 180 Days) (0 new / 2 in progress)
89000: 1 Approval, 1 RFER (0 new / 2 in progress)
90000: 2 RFERs (0 new / 2 in progress)
91000: 1 Approval, 1 Other (Document Was Returned To USCIS) (0 new / 2 in progress)
92000: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
12/2/22: 9 Total Updates: 2 Approvals, 5 RFERs, 2 Others (Document Is Being Held For 180 Days, Document Was Returned To USCIS)

93500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
97500: 2 Approvals (0 new / 2 in progress)
102500: 1 Denial (0 new / 1 in progress)
103000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
104500: 2 Approvals (0 new / 2 in progress)
105000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
12/1/22: 12 Total Updates: 10 Approvals, 1 RFER, 1 Denial

May (9) + June (12) = 21 

Counts for May as of December 10: 

Total for this month: 49 Untouched, 2118 Approvals, 170 RFESs, 90 RFERs, 261 Denials, 3 Expedites(Denied: 3), 141 Withdrawals, 32 Others

Counts for June as of December 10: 

Total for this month: 64 Untouched, 2764 Approvals, 266 RFESs, 127 RFERs, 349 Denials, 9 Expedites(Denied: 8 / Approved: 1), 155 Withdrawals, 61 Others

Hello everyone,

Just trying to get an idea timeline wise what others went through during this K1 Fiance Visa process. I had a few questions if you can help me out with.

1. How long did it take folks to get notified by NVC with regards to their case number getting created and that their petition was sent to the embassy on file?

2. How ling did you wait from NOA2 to email NVC to inquire about your case beng created?

3. Once the petition was sent to the embassy, how long did it take the embassy to notify you that they received the case?

4. Was the petitioner or the beneficiary notified by the embassy that they received their case and how were they notified by email or via mail? The reason that I am asking is because as you know when the I-129F petition was filed they only requested the beneficiary mail address and the petitioner's email and mail address.

5. When in the process does the beneficiary apply for the DS-160. Can the petitioner apply for the DS-160 on the beneficiary's behalf from the U.S.?

I appreciate your responses. Thank you.

6 hours ago, LA1234 said:

Hello everyone,

Just trying to get an idea timeline wise what others went through during this K1 Fiance Visa process. I had a few questions if you can help me out with.

1. How long did it take folks to get notified by NVC with regards to their case number getting created and that their petition was sent to the embassy on file?

2. How ling did you wait from NOA2 to email NVC to inquire about your case beng created?

3. Once the petition was sent to the embassy, how long did it take the embassy to notify you that they received the case?

4. Was the petitioner or the beneficiary notified by the embassy that they received their case and how were they notified by email or via mail? The reason that I am asking is because as you know when the I-129F petition was filed they only requested the beneficiary mail address and the petitioner's email and mail address.

5. When in the process does the beneficiary apply for the DS-160. Can the petitioner apply for the DS-160 on the beneficiary's behalf from the U.S.?

Our experience:

1. Petitioner got email from NVC (with case number, and notification that our case was being sent to embassy) at almost 6 months (~175 days) after NOA2.  June 2, 2022 NOA2 and got NVC 'in transit' email on Nov 22, 2022.

2. I think we sent first email (requesting case #) to NVC at about 60 days (after NOA2).  In total, sent 3 emails.  Never received a response to any email sent.  We also submitted an online (form) inquiry.  We did receive a response to that, I believe it took about 5 weeks.  Response didn't contain any useful info.  Just that they had our case, and were working on it.

3. It took 3 days from 'In Transit' to 'Ready'.  Note - have not received any communication (yet) from the (Manila) embassy.  We were using CEAC to check status.

4. Our case is 'Ready' (Manila), since Nov 25, and have not received any communications (thus far) from the embassy.

5. Completed DS-160 after case was 'Ready'. 

Edited by BryanN

8 hours ago, LA1234 said:

Hello everyone,

My case was just received by the embassy, so I'll give some of the information I have heard and seen. There are other forums on visajourney that discuss the NOA2 to NVC, if you want to take a look! This link is for September 2022 approvals. 

1. It has been taking 60 to 90 days (sometimes more), but it seems NVC has slowed down a bit so I'm not sure if the times will go up. NVC posts updated timelines on Mondays, so we'll see tomorrow how they're doing. Our case took about 88 days.

2. I waited 6 weeks until I emailed nvcresearch and I had submitted a public inquiry after my NOA2 (they were taking 2 months to respond to public inquiries then, but they have caught up a bit on this now). I heard back on both inquiries on the same day and they had received my case at that point, but my case wasn't created yet. I think it's taking about 6 weeks for USCIS to send the case, but they do say it could take up to 60 days (I've also heard up to 90 days). 

3. You can track the case and you'll see the status change from "In Transit" to "Ready" (which I've seen taking between 1 and 7 days). The embassy just received my case, so I'm still waiting for them to contact us. I think this depends on the embassy though. I know some hear within a few days of the case being ready, while others take longer. 

4. I think this might be embassy dependent also. For our embassy, I'm expecting to receive an email to the petitioner since that's the only one on file and they don't send anything by mail. I have heard of people waiting for information in the mail, so maybe they get the beneficiary's address from the petition but I'm not sure. 

5. You can submit the DS160 when the case is in transit or ready at the embassy. Or you can wait until you hear from the embassy (I don't think it matters). The beneficiary should be the one to fill out the DS160 since they will have to sign and submit that they filled it out on their own at the end. 

I wouldn't be surprised if things slowed down a bit later this month due to the holidays. 

My NOA2 was in September, so things may be changing now too. You can check out trends in processing times here if that would help: 

Edited by Optimist19

1 hour ago, Optimist19 said:

My case was just received by the embassy, so I'll give some of the information I have heard and seen. There are other forums on visajourney that discuss the NOA2 to NVC, if you want to take a look! This link is for September 2022 approvals. 

1. It has been taking 60 to 90 days (sometimes more), but it seems NVC has slowed down a bit so I'm not sure if the times will go up. NVC posts updated timelines on Mondays, so we'll see tomorrow how they're doing. Our case took about 88 days.

2. I waited 6 weeks until I emailed nvcresearch and I had submitted a public inquiry after my NOA2 (they were taking 2 months to respond to public inquiries then, but they have caught up a bit on this now). I heard back on both inquiries on the same day and they had received my case at that point, but my case wasn't created yet. I think it's taking about 6 weeks for USCIS to send the case, but they do say it could take up to 60 days (I've also heard up to 90 days). 

3. You can track the case and you'll see the status change from "In Transit" to "Ready" (which I've seen taking between 1 and 7 days). The embassy just received my case, so I'm still waiting for them to contact us. I think this depends on the embassy though. I know some hear within a few days of the case being ready, while others take longer. 

4. I think this might be embassy dependent also. For our embassy, I'm expecting to receive an email to the petitioner since that's the only one on file and they don't send anything by mail. I have heard of people waiting for information in the mail, so maybe they get the beneficiary's address from the petition but I'm not sure. 

5. You can submit the DS160 when the case is in transit or ready at the embassy. Or you can wait until you hear from the embassy (I don't think it matters). The beneficiary should be the one to fill out the DS160 since they will have to sign and submit that they filled it out on their own at the end. 

I wouldn't be surprised if things slowed down a bit later this month due to the holidays. 

My NOA2 was in September, so things may be changing now too. You can check out trends in processing times here if that would help: 

Thank you for the detailed responses, they are very helpful. I had a couple more follow ups, you mentioned that you emailed nvcresearch and submitted a public inquiry, can you elaborate a little more on these two processes please. What is the exact nvcresearch email address as I tried to look it up online but couldn't find it. The other question was once NVC creates a case number and the case is sent to the embassy, than the beneficiary can apply for the DS-160 while the documents arrive at the embassy? Is there a specific status you need to wait for such as "in transit" before applying for the DS-160 or can you go ahead once you get the case number from the NVC?

10 minutes ago, LA1234 said:

Thank you for the detailed responses, they are very helpful. I had a couple more follow ups, you mentioned that you emailed nvcresearch and submitted a public inquiry, can you elaborate a little more on these two processes please. What is the exact nvcresearch email address as I tried to look it up online but couldn't find it. The other question was once NVC creates a case number and the case is sent to the embassy, than the beneficiary can apply for the DS-160 while the documents arrive at the embassy? Is there a specific status you need to wait for such as "in transit" before applying for the DS-160 or can you go ahead once you get the case number from the NVC?

Sure, the email address is nvcresearch@state.gov. They were responding within 3-5 business days, but I'm not sure if that timeline has changed recently. You should provide them with either the I-797 approval notice and/or with the USCIS case number, the beneficiary's full name and date of birth, and the petitioner's full name (I also included the petitioner's date of birth and email).  I don't think I can link you to the nvc public inquiry page in the forum,  but if you Google nvc public inquiry form, you'll find the page. The public inquiry form is the more official way to inquire but they do take a bit longer to respond. Either way they should be able to tell you if they received your case. 

We waited until the case was in transit for the beneficiary to fill out the DS-160 and submitted when it was in ready status. I have heard of others filling it out once they got their case number from the NVC, if they were able to obtain it early. In general, people are getting the case number and the case goes to "In Transit" on the same day (this has been every other Tuesday usually, and they shipped out on 12/6, so the next time should be 12/20). Also, the DS-160 saves for 30 days. You can save the application ID and sign back into it for 30 days before submitting. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.