Boring Life

Congressional Inquiry, Do Myself or Hire Lawyer?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

As others have said, congressional inquiries are pretty easy to do yourself. Generally, my experience has been that they just end up providing you with the same information that you could have found from the Embassy to begin with, but every once in awhile they might reveal a tidbit of extra info since the Embassy or NVC will actually take their time to respond to the congressional inquiry individually as opposed to just copying and pasting some canned text. If you are getting really desperate for information, you could always go the FOIA route, although I'm not sure how fruitful that is. https://foia.state.gov/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 5/30/2021 at 8:41 AM, Boring Life said:

My case stuck in AP at embassy and had been more than year with no updates. I like to get help from senator or congressman. But its better to do Congressional inquiry myslef or get lawyer to do?

I just wrote a simple email  for help.  Their assistant well respond to you fairly quickly.   I believe it is a law that they must respond to you   There is a sample letter on the web if you google it.   I don't know how better a lawyer can do for you. 

Edited by poh

K-1 Visa Interview:

POE :

SS Application Sent:

2017-10-17, Approved!:D

2017-12-6

2017-12-12

Married:                      2018-1-8

SS Card Received:     2018-1-16

SS Application Sent(Name Change):  2018-1-17

AOS Application Sent:   2018-2-8

SS Card Received (Name Change):     2018-2-12

AOS Application Delivered:      2018-2-13

AOS Application Accepted:     2018-2-22

AOS NOA1 Received:       2018-2-26

AOS/EAP Biometrics NOA Received:   2018-3-2

AOS/EAP Biometrics Appointment:  2018-3-12

Interview Scheduled:       2018-7-6  

EAP/AP Card Received:    2018-7-19

Original interview Date :2018-8-24  (USCIS Rescheduled due to Hurricane):cry:

Rescheduled Interview Date :2018-10-2, Approved!!  :D

GC Received :             2018-10-18 :thumbs:

SS Card Update :         2018-10-19

SS Card Received:      2018-10-26

ROC

ROC Application Sent via FedEx:  2020-7-2

ROC Application Received :2020-7-6

Rec'ed Text, Case # Assigned : 2020-7-11

Check Cashed: 2020-7-13

NOA Received: 2020-7-22

Case Transferred : 2021-11-10

Biometrics Applied:. 2021-5-12😄

ROC Interview passed: : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400

Eligible to file for US Citizenship : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400 filed online : 2021-12-1🥳

Biometrics reused

Passed Interview  : 2022-4-27🥳

event.png

On 5/31/2021 at 10:40 AM, M&D2021 said:

As others have said, congressional inquiries are pretty easy to do yourself. Generally, my experience has been that they just end up providing you with the same information that you could have found from the Embassy to begin with, but every once in awhile they might reveal a tidbit of extra info since the Embassy or NVC will actually take their time to respond to the congressional inquiry individually as opposed to just copying and pasting some canned text. If you are getting really desperate for information, you could always go the FOIA route, although I'm not sure how fruitful that is. https://foia.state.gov/

My senator liaison talked to the NVC. They have no extra power to get something done. She did tell me that Rio is only doing emergency visas and no regular business and they are still basically closed. So the cases are getting more and more backed up. NVC said right now that Rio is year or more behind. Our NOA 2 was done 18 months ago. Frustrating 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Watch this guy's videos regarding Visa delays. He gives good information that my interest you https://immigrationlawyerslosangeles.com/client-success-story-successful-mandamus-lawsuit/

It's about writ of mandamus, which is requiring the Consulate or embassy to give you an answer about your case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.