Joe30

Health Insurance for B2

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 hours ago, Joe30 said:

Hi Guys,

please help or asisst me to the right place here. 

is there any type of purchasable health insurance that will cover pregnancy for B2 visa holder (soon to adjust status)? 

For an existing pregnancy? or a pregnancy in the future? 

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I haven't heard of any travel insurance that would,.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Market-Place policies (if you qualify) are required to cover existing pregnancies.  Interesting and informative article here:  

https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/resources/individual-and-family/can-i-get-health-insurance-while-im-pregnant

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Have you tried adding them on US citizen's insurance? We were able to do that even while I was still in Canada (October 2019) with marriage as qualifying life event. It worked out for us because I then had insurance when I came in March 2020 as B2 visitor shortly before lockdowns. Ended up staying and adjusting status and had coverage while waiting through my husband's employer. 

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I think for the marketplace you have to have your green card. If the window is still open for a life change event your spouse's insurance would be the best value. Otherwise you will have to look online.

1 hour ago, belinda63 said:

I think for the marketplace you have to have your green card.

She would at least need the I-485 receipt notice: https://www.healthcare.gov/immigrants/immigration-status/

Applicants for any of these statuses qualify to use the Marketplace:

• Temporary Protected Status with Employment Authorization
  • Special Immigrant Juvenile Status
  • Victim of Trafficking Visa
  • Adjustment to LPR Status
  • Asylum (see note below)
  • Withholding of Deportation, or Withholding of Removal, under the immigration laws or under the Convention against Torture (CAT) (see note below)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.