David & Diana R

Married in PI 2013-Divorced in USA 2021- Marry Again?

119 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, David & Diana R said:

Isn't someone going to check somewhere along the way and they will see I am (according to the draconian laws of the PI) still married in the PI?

No, I don't think so. But then again who knows.

12 hours ago, David & Diana R said:

Please understand I am wondering where you are getting your information from.  Of course, I hope you are wrong but maybe you know something I don't.  I have heard that the PI is working on allowing foreigners in who are fully vaccinated to enter and this hopefully will happen by July 1 to mid-July..I hope you are wrong.  Of course no one knows because PI keeps changing the rules daily.  I just saw an article that less than 3% of Filipinos have been vaccinated to date.  That is a terrible track record and it's no wonder the pandemic is out of control there right now.  Of course I, having been vaccinated, cannot bring the disease to the Philippines nor can I catch it nor can I transmit it to anyone else.  So Duterte is losing his mind as his people literally starve and suffer. I guess we'll have to just wait and see.

I am getting my information from only have 2.90% of the population vaccinated, it is silly slow. If you look at the chart that came out in May they planned on having 70 million vaccinated, and now have already lowered it to 58 million.  This chart has been out over one month and they have 3% of population vaccinated.  The issue is they just don't have any vaccines to give out.  I am too hoping they open up soon, but June/July timeframe is a pipe dream.  I am hoping by early 2022 if we get lucky:

Philippines: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker | ABS-CBN News

7 hours ago, LU SEE FURR said:

I am getting my information from only have 2.90% of the population vaccinated, it is silly slow. If you look at the chart that came out in May they planned on having 70 million vaccinated, and now have already lowered it to 58 million.  This chart has been out over one month and they have 3% of population vaccinated.  The issue is they just don't have any vaccines to give out.  I am too hoping they open up soon, but June/July timeframe is a pipe dream.  I am hoping by early 2022 if we get lucky:

Philippines: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker | ABS-CBN News

Yes, I understand.  Unfortunately Duterte is in panic mode and it's a Mongolian cluster***k there. They change the rules daily, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day.   Of course I am already vaccinated and I could not bring the disease to the Philippines and I could not catch it there...but the bureaucrats there have their heads in the sand while their people starve.  It's so sad really.  The Filipino people really need to get foreigners there spending money. The ironic thing is they claim they are worried that visitors would bring fake vaccination cards.  Pretty funny since there are more "fixers" in the Philippines than there are in all of Nigeria, creating fake documents.  What a joke!!!

17 hours ago, David & Diana R said:

Yes, I understand.  Unfortunately Duterte is in panic mode and it's a Mongolian cluster***k there. They change the rules daily, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day.   Of course I am already vaccinated and I could not bring the disease to the Philippines and I could not catch it there...but the bureaucrats there have their heads in the sand while their people starve.  It's so sad really.  The Filipino people really need to get foreigners there spending money. The ironic thing is they claim they are worried that visitors would bring fake vaccination cards.  Pretty funny since there are more "fixers" in the Philippines than there are in all of Nigeria, creating fake documents.  What a joke!!!

I see COVID Cases are rising as of today and some cities are going back to stricter lockdowns. 

Sadly the Filipino people have no fight left in them. They are too compliant and I fear that they will never get their freedom back.

On 6/14/2021 at 12:25 PM, David & Diana R said:

They have already caught people with fake vaccination cards. Also according to the government this is a deportable offense if you are caught with one of those

4 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

They have already caught people with fake vaccination cards. Also according to the government this is a deportable offense if you are caught with one of those

I never meant to imply that I would have a fixer get me a "FAKE CARD".  I live in the US.  We have no fixers here.  I have a genuine vaccination (US issued, I am a front liner here, Police) card and would never even attempt to get me or anyone else a fake card.  I also don;t suggest anyone do anythong as stupid as to get any fake documents.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed for TOS violation, one post removed for quoting that post

post constructive advice or do not post.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

2 hours ago, David & Diana R said:

I never meant to imply that I would have a fixer get me a "FAKE CARD".  I live in the US.  We have no fixers here.  I have a genuine vaccination (US issued, I am a front liner here, Police) card and would never even attempt to get me or anyone else a fake card.  I also don;t suggest anyone do anythong as stupid as to get any fake documents.

I completely understand that. I am simply saying that this totally would not surprise me one bit concerning the Philippines. 

Edited by Cyberfx1024

15 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

How would the Philippines Government know if your vaccines card from the USA was legit or fake?  Is there a data bank they can access? I don't think there is.

The vaccines cards they give you look pretty plain and generic to me, not really to official.

44 minutes ago, Joe Kano said:

How would the Philippines Government know if your vaccines card from the USA was legit or fake?  Is there a data bank they can access? I don't think there is.

The vaccines cards they give you look pretty plain and generic to me, not really to official.

Well the people that were caught were not from the USA. They were from China

On 5/26/2021 at 4:32 PM, David & Diana R said:

Okay, so here I am again.  I married a Filipina in Cebu in 2013.  She divorced me this year here in the USA January 2021. (She is already a US citizen.)  I have found a new love in the Philippines and want to know what I need to marry her in the Philippines. (She has already gotten her cenomar, etc...) Do I need a document from the US Embassy in Manila saying I am free to marry?  My divorce was finalized and I have the divorce decree in hand.  (I would bring my new love here on a fiance visa but she must be married before I even spend the night with her alone. This is her family's rules and I respect that.)  I have been told by some that I may need to get a marriage annulment in the Philippines but that just doesn't make sense to me. We were legally divorced in the USA.  Please help.

Mahalo,  David O

I am late to the party on this one but number 6 applies to your question under article 13, you do not have to file for annulment this was the old way of doing things. You need to find yourself a Attorney in the Philippines, it will not be cheap because they will assume you have deep pockets it will be shorter and cheaper than an annulment.  

https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/top-faq-s-about-judicial-recognition-of-foreign-divorce-in-the-philippines-new-and-updated-55338

6 hours ago, Kby175 said:

I am late to the party on this one but number 6 applies to your question under article 13, you do not have to file for annulment this was the old way of doing things. You need to find yourself a Attorney in the Philippines, it will not be cheap because they will assume you have deep pockets it will be shorter and cheaper than an annulment.  

https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/top-faq-s-about-judicial-recognition-of-foreign-divorce-in-the-philippines-new-and-updated-55338

Thanks for the input.  Not sure if you read the entire thread but I think (I hope) I have figured out a legal work around.  I go to Philippines, meet her for the first time.  After a month or so staying there spending time with her we "celebrate" our marriage via ZOOM meeting with a minister in Utah.  The marriage will be legal and binding in the US.  Utah is the first state to allow this.  So far I have not found anything that would stop us from doing this.  And since we will be married already the Philippines will really have no say as to if she can leave or not. I apply for a spousal visa and the US Embassy will handle it.  Does this make sense to you?  Do you see any problems.  I know the Philippines "requires" all marriages of Filipino citizenship to "report" the marriage to them but I have been told that they really can't force anyone to do that.   (Because if we did they would see that I am still married in the Philippines)  Any ideas?

Aloha from Maui, David

1 hour ago, David & Diana R said:

And since we will be married already the Philippines will really have no say as to if she can leave or not.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that.  They DEFINITELY have say if she can leave or not.  CFO will be a hurdle, though you could probably get past that.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.