Meldono

Filling up Affidavit of Support

7 posts in this topic

Hello

Does anybody have the same problem when some of the boxes on the form won't allow to type in the answer. For example on the box that ask if I'm currently employed but it wont let me type my job title. 

Another one is when I'm trying to type total number of people in my house hold, the box won't let me type in any number.

I just want to make sure I answer all questions correctly before I submit. BTW , the petition is for my mother who will be turning 70 in a couple of years so it would be nice if she could come even to visit her grand kids very soon.

Thank you in advance.

Mel

5 hours ago, Meldono said:

Does anybody have the same problem when some of the boxes on the form won't allow to type in the answer.

Have you tried using a different PDF editor?  You shouldn't have any editing issues if using Adobe Acrobat.

5 hours ago, Chancy said:

Have you tried using a different PDF editor?  You shouldn't have any editing issues if using Adobe Acrobat.

Editing in Acrobat requires an upgrade to Acrobat DC that is quite expensive.  I use the free version of PDF Exchange Editor.

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

I had the same problem... very good question... I was behind my Mac book air... not on my iPhone... it was not supposed to be like that... I just assume they won’t need the answer of those questions and they will figure out their answer by looking at the companion documents!! I could be wrong... to clear up this , they answered me one time asking to switch from I-864 EZ to regular I-864! Which I had same problem (blocking some boxes) ! I don’t think that was the problem though! Any professional comments appreciated! We are waiting and not hearing anything new yet !

12 hours ago, seekingthetruth said:

Editing in Acrobat requires an upgrade to Acrobat DC that is quite expensive.  I use the free version of PDF Exchange Editor.

Thank you. I didn't think about other editor. I just assumed the latest version of Adobe Acrobat is enough .

28 minutes ago, Agolbaghi said:

I had the same problem... very good question... I was behind my Mac book air... not on my iPhone... it was not supposed to be like that... I just assume they won’t need the answer of those questions and they will figure out their answer by looking at the companion documents!! I could be wrong... to clear up this , they answered me one time asking to switch from I-864 EZ to regular I-864! Which I had same problem (blocking some boxes) ! I don’t think that was the problem though! Any professional comments appreciated! We are waiting and not hearing anything new yet !

I downloaded PDF exchange editor. the free version and it worked. So much easier , organized & it just look nicer when it's all typed up. 

Is this Mel?! The original question maker?! I thought you were saying new version of PDF was not your choice because it was expensive?! I see how you improve your things now! Congratulations! Of course it feels better when you are able to fill up correctly! But I am kinda weak on computer stuff! Hopefully they accept my second attempt and I don’t need to go through this PDF thing again... your thoughts appreciate it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.