Kby175

Vaccinated travelers soon?

61 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

That is not speculation but actual policy. If you are vaccinated you would have to spend at least a week in  quarantine. If not vaccinated then it was 10 days

I was talking about the travel bubble.....

11 minutes ago, Kby175 said:

I was talking about the travel bubble.....

Yes, I believe he was also referencing the travel bubble.  The government mentioned that if they were to allow vaccinated travelers, they would still have to quarantine on arrival.  I have heard either 7 or 10 days.  However, I dont think anything is really known right now so will just have to wait over the next few months and see which direction they go.  Hopefully they make it much easier for travelers, but I wont hold onto any hope of that until I actually see the policy and its implemented.  There are just too many changes into any perceived process.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

4 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

Yes, I believe he was also referencing the travel bubble.  The government mentioned that if they were to allow vaccinated travelers, they would still have to quarantine on arrival.  I have heard either 7 or 10 days.  However, I dont think anything is really known right now so will just have to wait over the next few months and see which direction they go.  Hopefully they make it much easier for travelers, but I wont hold onto any hope of that until I actually see the policy and its implemented.  There are just too many changes into any perceived process.

Part of my concern is that they’ll open, I’ll book a ticket, they’ll close. Lol. I lived in PH for 10 years and it just feels like what’s going to happen. :(

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

12 minutes ago, NeonParticles said:

Part of my concern is that they’ll open, I’ll book a ticket, they’ll close. Lol. I lived in PH for 10 years and it just feels like what’s going to happen. :(

It’s a valid concern. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

On 6/2/2021 at 11:50 AM, Kby175 said:

True but it wasn't posted on the government site until today that was all speculation. 

Well, IATF came up with their new rules today and they cant get any more dumber.  If you were vaccinated in the Philippines, then returning to the country you only need to do a 7 day quarantine and if you have no symptoms after 7 days, you do not need to be tested.  However, if you were vaccinated outside the Philippines, you will still be required to do a 10 day quarantine on arrival at a designated hotel, a PCR test on day 7, and then quarantine for 4 days at home.  The stupidity of it all is that the foreign vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, J&J) have much better protection than what the majority of the Philippines are being vaccinated with which is Sinopharm.  Its completely idiotic and stupid, there are no other words and is the same logic I saw used for years while working there which I could no longer take without beating my head on a concrete wall.......daily. 

The Philippines is the only country in the world wearing face shields and most likely will be the last country in the world to drop the face mask requirement, even after when the majority of the country is vaccinated.  

https://cnnphilippines.com/news/2021/6/4/COVID-19-vaccine-quarantine-test-Philippines-travel.html

25 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

Its completely idiotic and stupid, there are no other words and is the same logic I saw used for years while working there which I could no longer take without beating my head on a concrete wall.......daily. 

It's just a backwards ran country, it's a 3rd World country with a 3rd World Mentality, and it will always be a 3rd World country, it stuck.

I agree, alot of idiotic and stupid things happen over there, I don't think I could live long term over there, give me a few months and I have seen stupid taken to the next level more than once in the Philippines.

Thankfully as I have aged and mellowed I sit back and laugh at the stupidity, I used to want to beat my head on a wall as well.

I enjoy my visits there, but glad to leave the craziness behind when I hop on the plane back to the USA. 

The Philippines is the only country in the world wearing face shields and most likely will be the last country in the world to drop the face mask requirement, even after when the majority of the country is vaccinated.  

Philippines is not completely alone with this odd face shield fetish.  When I was in Peru with the wife last month, to ride offshore in an open air speedboat, we were required to wear a face shield and TWO masks, plus a life preserver too of course.  Then I was refused entry to a shopping mall in Lima for not having two masks and a face shield.  I did not make it into that mall.  Arriving internationally, and on all domestic flights and in airports, in train and on busses you must wear a face shields, though at least you only need one mask.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

10 minutes ago, top_secret said:

Philippines is not completely alone with this odd face shield fetish.  When I was in Peru with the wife last month, to ride offshore in an open air speedboat, we were required to wear a face shield and TWO masks, plus a life preserver too of course.  Then I was refused entry to a shopping mall in Lima for not having two masks and a face shield.  I did not make it into that mall.  Arriving internationally, and on all domestic flights and in airports, in train and on busses you must wear a face shields, though at least you only need one mask.

Wow, I’m pretty safety conscious regarding COVID but that’s seriously taking it too far...

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

Well, IATF came up with their new rules today and they cant get any more dumber.  If you were vaccinated in the Philippines, then returning to the country you only need to do a 7 day quarantine and if you have no symptoms after 7 days, you do not need to be tested.

Here is the actual IATF resolution.

https://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/downloads/2021/06jun/20210603-IATF-RESO-119-RRD.pdf

The vaccinated traveler part is obviously a big joke but the resolution also seems to remove the entry exemption document requirement for SRRV Visa holders.  That doesn't help me any but I imagine it is a big deal and a positive development for those that have SRRV Visas.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.

1 hour ago, top_secret said:

Here is the actual IATF resolution.

https://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/downloads/2021/06jun/20210603-IATF-RESO-119-RRD.pdf

The vaccinated traveler part is obviously a big joke but the resolution also seems to remove the entry exemption document requirement for SRRV Visa holders.  That doesn't help me any but I imagine it is a big deal and a positive development for those that have SRRV Visas.

Of all of the SRRV holders I know probably about 80% of them are done with the country. They just want their deposits back, and a few of those don’t even want that back.

Do they still need the exemption or they can go back with no exemption?

Edited by flicks1998

1 hour ago, top_secret said:

Mayor Isko in Manila City is one of the few politicians with common sense.  He wants the wearing of face shields rule removed for the general public.  He mentioned that Peru  was the only other country he knew of that required face shields.

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

33 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

Of all of the SRRV holders I know probably about 80% of them are done with the country. They just want their deposits back, and a few of those don’t even want that back.

Do they still need the exemption or they can go back with no exemption?

On page 5 of the resolution it says.  It seem to state that SRRV holders no longer need exemption.

"Upon the recommendation of the Department of Tourism, foreign nationals holding Special Resident Retiree’s Visa shall be allowed to enter the country without need of an entry exemption document. For this purpose, Paragraph C of IATF Resolution No. 100 issued on February 18, 2021 is amended accordingly."

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

The problem in the Philippines officials fall for too much of the social media hype when it comes to misinformation. So all that face shield, double masking nonsense. There's studies coming out that even post covid infection gives you lasting immunity and they will probably still require a vaccine. All those restrictions will drop when money isn't flowing in the country anymore. My wife doesn't even want to go back until restrictions are lifted, she doesn't want to deal with the shenanigans. 

We will both wait till they return to normal. Personally we both have made the decision on traveling domestically here in the United States until the world is less crazy about entry. (So far we are up to 13 states for her).

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

As I understand it, the Philippines is only allowing persons who have been vaccinated in the Philippines (about 1%) to enter their country with a 7 day quarantine in a government approved hotel. Persons from other countries, such as spouse of Philippine citizens still have to complete 10 hotel quarantine and 4 day home quarantine. Correct me if I’m wrong because the rules are changing daily...

So, persons who have been vaccinated with Sinovac which is about 56 - 65% effective will be allowed to enter, while persons who are vaccinated with Moderna or Pfizer which are about 94- 95% effective will be excluded. Presumably because Philippines is unable to verify who has been vaccinated in another country and does not trust the authenticity of foreign vaccination cards.

Edited by Frider

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.