Kby175

Vaccinated travelers soon?

61 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

The Green Lanes are just another fantasy and as usually thing have changed and now all international flights going to Cebu now have to go to NAIA in Manila.

That is so BS. Why do they have go through NAIA first and not directly through to Cebu? I am seeing that all International flights are banned into/out of Davao which is BS. 

7 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

That is so BS. Why do they have go through NAIA first and not directly through to Cebu? I am seeing that all International flights are banned into/out of Davao which is BS. 

I am thinking since the Mayor of Cebu isn't brained washed and actually wants tourism they have decided to stop sending international flights there to punish her and the economy.

I thought Davao the idiot mayor banned international flights.

7 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Here I found an article: Said Sara Duterte did an Executive Order keeping out International Flights back in 2020.

Myself I think her and her father are idiots, I thought Duterte was great at first he was killing the drug dealers and criminals, now he just looks lost and incompetent in his handling of the Covid Virus and specifically with him not securing Covid vaccines for his people.  I look forward to a new president in May 2022.

All kinds of international, domestic flights now allowed in Davao City - SUNSTAR

42 minutes ago, Joe Kano said:

I am thinking since the Mayor of Cebu isn't brained washed and actually wants tourism they have decided to stop sending international flights there to punish her and the economy.

You mean the governor of Cebu province.  She's one of the few rays of sunshine in the government through this. Cebu City mayor Labelle is just another idiot.

2 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

Here I found an article: Said Sara Duterte did an Executive Order keeping out International Flights back in 2020.

Myself I think her and her father are idiots, I thought Duterte was great at first he was killing the drug dealers and criminals, now he just looks lost and incompetent in his handling of the Covid Virus and specifically with him not securing Covid vaccines for his people.  I look forward to a new president in May 2022.

All kinds of international, domestic flights now allowed in Davao City - SUNSTAR

I thought that went away until I looked at the arrival/departure list for the airport. The airport only had national flights that's it no international. 

Edited by Cyberfx1024

2 hours ago, Skyman said:

You mean the governor of Cebu province.  She's one of the few rays of sunshine in the government through this. Cebu City mayor Labelle is just another idiot.

Really miss Tommy.  He was a man of the people.

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

BI just posted this today on their website as well as their Facebook account, the country is going broke and they need those tourist dollars flowing.  It's mostly going to be people going to visit their families, girl friends or Fiancés.  

https://immigration.gov.ph/images/News/2021_Yr/06_Jun/2021Jun02_Press.pdf

5 minutes ago, Kby175 said:

BI just posted this today on their website as well as their Facebook account, the country is going broke and they need those tourist dollars flowing.  It's mostly going to be people going to visit their families, girl friends or Fiancés.  

Yeah... I won't be going anywhere for "tourism" when I arrive.  I'm just going to spend time with my fiancee at our place there and use Grab to order food in the whole time... I don't think this is going to go how they want it to, but I'm just glad we're inching closer to even being able to see our loved ones in person

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
36 minutes ago, NeonParticles said:

Yeah... I won't be going anywhere for "tourism" when I arrive.  I'm just going to spend time with my fiancee at our place there and use Grab to order food in the whole time... I don't think this is going to go how they want it to, but I'm just glad we're inching closer to even being able to see our loved ones in person

Same here. Will just be spending time with the family.

1 hour ago, Kby175 said:

They always have alot of ideas, make a big dog and pony show, do trial runs, then nothing.  Its just like the travel bubble they wanted to create with China, NZ, Australia, etc last year until they realized nobody wanted them in the bubble.  Until its implemented, its nothing but a pipe dream.  I have also heard that if the country does open up, all travelers, including vaccinated ones, will have to do a 10 day quarantine in a hotel.  

The announcement by the BI on June 2nd has actually been talked about on other boards for the last month so the idea has been out there already with still no progress. 

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

They will get some money out me if they open back up, my trips usually include:

- One night at a hotel in Manila before flying to the province normally arriving late at night and all the flights for the day are done

- Taxi service in Manila not much 

- Round trip airline tickets to go from Manila to Bacolod

- Going out to eat a few times 

- Shopping at Ayala and SM 

- Local resort trip they have a few nice ones in Negros Occidental

- Movies with the family but maybe not this trip

- Purchasing pigs, chickens and other food from the local market during the trip

- Hotel one night when I go back to Manila

- Taxi service to and from the airport

This will all be money made compared to nothing in 2020.  

Pretty sure there is going to be some covid testing or other things we will need to do to extract money from our wallets during my trip.  

We have our own car so once in Bacolod local transport is not an issue other than just filling up the tank.  

35 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

The announcement by the BI on June 2nd has actually been talked about on other boards for the last month so the idea has been out there already with still no progress. 

True but it wasn't posted on the government site until today that was all speculation. 

3 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

They always have alot of ideas, make a big dog and pony show, do trial runs, then nothing.  Its just like the travel bubble they wanted to create with China, NZ, Australia, etc last year until they realized nobody wanted them in the bubble.  Until its implemented, its nothing but a pipe dream.  I have also heard that if the country does open up, all travelers, including vaccinated ones, will have to do a 10 day quarantine in a hotel.  

That is not speculation but actual policy. If you are vaccinated you would have to spend at least a week in  quarantine. If not vaccinated then it was 10 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.