Ontarkie

Shipping gifts.

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

USPS turns into PhilPost when it reaches the Philippines..  PhilPost is "the blackhole"  most things disappear and stuff that makes it to be delivered is usually held for ransom.

That is what she's been doing for the longest time now., but now since you said something we're probably jinxed lol.  I'll have her look at the others ways.

21 minutes ago, Joe Kano said:

It's Stupid to ship USPS to / from Philippines.

Many years ago a buddy sent me a letter from Philippines to my US address, it took 4 months to arrive

Probably jinxed now but she's never had any issues before. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

12 hours ago, Hank_ said:

:thumbs:

And with the BB box it will cost roughly $100 and can be 2-3 months to arrive

I guess I am kinda lucky geography wise. Sending from Hawaii is $55 for the box and 5-6 weeks for delivery. I send 1 about every 2 months.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

I suspect that is a smaller size BB

Wife is paying $120 for BB, size is  24 x 18 x 24 some old Filipino dude comes to the house and picks it up, it shipped via Atlas Shippers.

You suspect wrong.  Large box (18×24×18) is $59, Jumbo is $73 (24×18×24.)  

item1.jpeg

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

1 hour ago, payxibka said:

You suspect wrong.  Large box (18×24×18) is $59, Jumbo is $73 (24×18×24.)  

item1.jpeg

Jumbo is the "large" boxes. Which according to my wife the jumbo boxes seem kinder small

Timeline
1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Jumbo is the "large" boxes. Which according to my wife the jumbo boxes seem kinder small

Yes, Jumbo is the largest standard sized box.  The large regular box is actually the most cost effective on a cubic inch basis. 

I failed to mention that in addition, a replacement box is included in the fee. 

YMMV

7 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Yes, Jumbo is the largest standard sized box.  The large regular box is actually the most cost effective on a cubic inch basis. 

I understand that but my wife was saying is that they seem smaller than in the past. Also the boxes are.replaced.as.well

8 hours ago, payxibka said:

Replacing boxes is standard or if you want they will give you as many boxes as you need.

Cost effective? Just depends on what you put in the box to make it cost effective.

I had to ship a Milwaukee cordless tree trimmer which was a long and skinny box, I got bent over and it ran almost $300

Edited by Joe Kano

12 hours ago, RO_AH said:

I guess I am kinda lucky geography wise. Sending from Hawaii is $55 for the box and 5-6 weeks for delivery. I send 1 about every 2 months.

From Texas takes about 2 months.

Wife sent one right after Christmas this year took 4 months to arrive, they blamed it on COVID, but it did arrive so it was all good.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, Joe Kano said:

Cost effective? Just depends on what you put in the box to make it cost effective.

Quit being a tard.  Cost effective on a cubic inch comparison of the shipping costs between the two sizes. 

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, Joe Kano said:

What are we talking a few dollars? I rather pack a big box vs a small box, you get more bang for your buck

You would think, but do the math 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.