13 posts in this topic

So the situation.  They sent RFE on April 30th. Still no mail received.  I've changed the address on February,  they confirmed it was changed.  I've made 2 calls, they said they will call me back (cause there is no way to speak to tier2 person), and 1 inquire online. No response whatsoever for a week. 

What do I do?

PS my service center was in Nebraska and I moved to another state if it matters.

1 hour ago, BeautifulLight said:

So the situation.  They sent RFE on April 30th. Still no mail received.  I've changed the address on February,  they confirmed it was changed.  I've made 2 calls, they said they will call me back (cause there is no way to speak to tier2 person), and 1 inquire online. No response whatsoever for a week. 

What do I do?

PS my service center was in Nebraska and I moved to another state if it matters.

Did your online status update to RFE was sent?

Is your application still at Nebraska service center and hasn’t been transferred to the local uscis office of your district?

Edited by LirikBlaidd87

On 5/19/2021 at 11:05 AM, LirikBlaidd87 said:

Did your online status update to RFE was sent?

Is your application still at Nebraska service center and hasn’t been transferred to the local uscis office of your district?

Yes, online updated to RFE and still at Nebraska. 

Update.

After speaking to the officer, they said previous letter was sent to my former address, in spite of the fact they do have my new address on their file. So they resent RFE after my request, which i never received again (after 3 work days, i doubt they sent it to new address though). 

Also i received RFE to my email, so i'm gonna use it to respond.

So how do i make sure they send my letters to the right address? They have it on file but keep sending correspondence on my old address...

Edited by BeautifulLight

Filed: Timeline

How did you file the AR 11 online or paper mail? Also it seems you are doing ROC right? For ROC there is a case number on your biometrics notice - that is the number you most likely would have needed to use to add it to your online system get case alerts and its the number you should enter in the AR11 online system to update the address. For some reason ROC cases are attached to the number on the biometrics notice in their system and not the NOA number from the 751 filing. 

If the above is N/A then the next step is to use your representative (whoismyrepresentative.com) and ask for assistance in submitting an address change as you are having problems. USCIS has been quite messy lately processing address changes. 

36 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

How did you file the AR 11 online or paper mail? Also it seems you are doing ROC right? For ROC there is a case number on your biometrics notice - that is the number you most likely would have needed to use to add it to your online system get case alerts and its the number you should enter in the AR11 online system to update the address. For some reason ROC cases are attached to the number on the biometrics notice in their system and not the NOA number from the 751 filing. 

If the above is N/A then the next step is to use your representative (whoismyrepresentative.com) and ask for assistance in submitting an address change as you are having problems. USCIS has been quite messy lately processing address changes. 

Thanks for responding. 

Yes, it's ROC. The number in biometrics,  you mean A-number?

On 5/24/2021 at 9:50 AM, BeautifulLight said:

Also i received RFE to my email, so i'm gonna use it to respond.

What exactly did you tell them to get them to send a copy via email? I've been waiting for 2 months, did an e-request, and an uscis call. I'm still waiting for them to call back. I even sent a letter to the people now living at my old address to see if they've gotten anything. My 90 days to respond (with the covid extension) are gonna be up soon.

Edited by Noname93

23 minutes ago, Noname93 said:

What exactly did you tell them to get them to send a copy via email? I've been waiting for 2 months, did an e-request, and an uscis call. I'm still waiting for them to call back. I even sent a letter to the people now living at my old address to see if they've gotten anything. My 90 days to respond (with the covid extension) are gonna be up soon.

I was speaking to tier2 officer  and she told me she'll send a copy to my email right away.

Try to request call back again, they not always call back from the first try.

Filed: Timeline
15 hours ago, BeautifulLight said:

Thanks for responding. 

Yes, it's ROC. The number in biometrics,  you mean A-number?

No the a# is your alien number. 

When you first filed the 751 you got a NOA that serves as your extension. I am assuming you entered the case number from it into the online system and also used that case number to fill out the ar11 right? The biometrics appointment letter can have a different case number. In the past people were sometimes unable to use the NOA from the extension to see the case status and needed to enter the one from the biometrics notice. 

Is there a different # on the biometrics than the extension?

6 hours ago, Villanelle said:

No the a# is your alien number. 

When you first filed the 751 you got a NOA that serves as your extension. I am assuming you entered the case number from it into the online system and also used that case number to fill out the ar11 right? The biometrics appointment letter can have a different case number. In the past people were sometimes unable to use the NOA from the extension to see the case status and needed to enter the one from the biometrics notice. 

Is there a different # on the biometrics than the extension?

Oh, I see. No, I checked, I has only original Noa and A-number, cause it says biometrics were waved.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.