Step29

Same Sex Couple-Interview Experienced

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello- is there any same couples here currently waiting for interview? or just done with the interview? How was your experienced with CO? I got married in the states while I was visiting. Now I am just waiting for an interview.

I was previously under CR1 but my petitioner passed away so it is now IW1.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Step29 said:

Hello- is there any same couples here currently waiting for interview? or just done with the interview? How was your experienced with CO? I got married in the states while I was visiting. Now I am just waiting for an interview.

I was previously under CR1 but my petitioner passed away so it is now IW1.

I would expect your interview to be quite different,  due to your circumstance, than any typical spousal interview.   

YMMV

Timeline
18 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I would expect your interview to be quite different,  due to your circumstance, than any typical spousal interview.   

that's what i thought too. I hope CO will not give me hard time considering my situation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Step29 said:

that's what i thought too. I hope CO will not give me hard time considering my situation.

I'm not sure why you would think they would give you a "hard time."   Your situations (original and current) are visa eligible by US law.  

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

I'm not sure why you would think they would give you a "hard time."   Your situations (original and current) are visa eligible by US law.  

Thank you so much for thoughts somehow its giving me positivity to look forward with my visa journey..

22 minutes ago, Step29 said:

The days of CO doing that are long gone.  You no longer go into a room with the door shut and the CO behind the glass.

Now of days the interview is done out in the open like going up to a bank teller behind glass, it's wham bam thank you bam interviews for most.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.