pamawemo

Super frustrated - what did we do wrong? Passport renewal

36 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, pamawemo said:

Does she just travel with her Philippine passport in her maiden name? I guess we would have to book the ticket in her former name. Doable I suppose. We are early in the process so US Citizenship is more than 8 years in the future.

Yes, International tickets are always in her passport name. She carries her Greencard and marriage licenses.

Been all over the place and no issue, Philippines, Mexico, Domincan Republic, Turks & Caicos 

8 hours ago, pamawemo said:

Good point. She does have her 2-year GC in her married name; Real ID is also in her married name. I have a feeling we will work to get the passport changed but will wait for an outreach so we don't have to travel quite so far. Thanks.

From what I have seem from the Philippines Embassies in the USA they are a joke and will only give you the run around, 3rd world mentality there as well.

My neighbor who came to USA 20 plus years ago let her Philippines passport expire last year, she went to New York and they will not give her a new passport due to her father being born in China.  She has tried two times and now is being told she can only renew it back in the Philippines.

On 5/17/2021 at 6:15 PM, pamawemo said:

Thanks. Silly us, we assumed when we went through all the ROM hoops, the ROM we received from the consulate would be the real deal. 

Well the ROM hoops you went through were still necessary, otherwise the PSA wouldn’t have anything to give you.

I went through this twice, with both the Report of Marriage and Report of Birth (of our child).  I went through the serbilis site for the PSA document of the ROM, got it in the mail several months later, which was just a photocopy of the ROM with an official PSA stamp.  When I tried with the ROB, the serbilis site wasn’t accepting credit card payments at the time, so I had to wait until we traveled to the Philippines again to go in person to get the PSA on it - line took all day too.

barata-gif-3.gif

1 hour ago, Bugs said:

Well the ROM hoops you went through were still necessary, otherwise the PSA wouldn’t have anything to give you.

I went through this twice, with both the Report of Marriage and Report of Birth (of our child).  I went through the serbilis site for the PSA document of the ROM, got it in the mail several months later, which was just a photocopy of the ROM with an official PSA stamp.  When I tried with the ROB, the serbilis site wasn’t accepting credit card payments at the time, so I had to wait until we traveled to the Philippines again to go in person to get the PSA on it - line took all day too.

Several months? Did you use the FedEx option for delivery?

My wife is now thinking she will authorize her sister to get a copy in person over there and send it to her. Does that seem likely to work?

Removal of Conditions

filed 2.25.22

NOA 3.1.22

Biometrics waived 3.28.22

N-400

Applied online 3.13.23

NOA 3.13.23

Biometrics appointment - 4.5.23

Interview (combo) - 8.6.23

Oath Ceremony!

21 hours ago, pamawemo said:

Does she just travel with her Philippine passport in her maiden name? I guess we would have to book the ticket in her former name. Doable I suppose. We are early in the process so US Citizenship is more than 8 years in the future.

Yes, all the plane tickets abroad need to be in maiden name and not the married name if she is using her maiden name passport. Yes, it sucks but that is what you got to do. No, CBP does not give you any extra or less ####### because of it. 

3 hours ago, pamawemo said:

Several months? Did you use the FedEx option for delivery?

My wife is now thinking she will authorize her sister to get a copy in person over there and send it to her. Does that seem likely to work?

I used the Fedex option for delivery BEFORE they gave you that option online and got the PSA BC in less than a week. I am still waiting for my asawa's PSA BC that we ordered the regularly way over 2 years ago now. 

Right now it is just easier to use the Fedex option. 

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.