Bnoubm12

Case was expedited... still haven't gotten an interview date

11 posts in this topic

Hello! 

We are currently waiting for our interview date at the US Embassy in Amsterdam.  Our case was completed at the NVC on March 30th.  On April 10th we got an email saying our request to expedite was approved (even though we did not request it) and that the embassy would be contacting us soon with the interview date. 

Our status has been on "ready" since April 12th, but we still haven't heard anything from the embassy. Last week we got an email from the NVC saying our interview had been cancelled, though we didn't have an interview scheduled. I read from others on here that that's an automated email sent out when your case is expedited, so the embassy can schedule their own interview and cancel any interviews the NVC may have scheduled. 

Should we contact the embassy? Or wait a while longer? I've heard some consulates require the applicant to schedule the interview for expedited cases, but I'm not sure how it works at Amsterdam. 

Thank you!! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Contact the consulate.  Some consulates require the applicant to schedule their own expedited interview.  Otherwise, it could be an error.  Contact them.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's been almost two weeks now since we emailed the consulate and we haven't gotten a reply, and they don't have a number to call. Is it worth contacting the NVC? Or is it out of their hands now? I'm just worried there was a miscommunication.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have an update on this? We have almost same exact situation in Amsterdam (expedited without even requesting it and interview cancelled without one ever being scheduled). However our DQ date is earlier from February 12, 2021. It's been four months now and we're really hoping to get an interview soon.

2 minutes ago, EmVE said:

Do you have an update on this? We have almost same exact situation in Amsterdam (expedited without even requesting it and interview cancelled without one ever being scheduled). However our DQ date is earlier from February 12, 2021. It's been four months now and we're really hoping to get an interview soon.

Yes!! After not hearing anything from the consulate for almost 3 weeks, we emailed them again and they replied the next day asking us if we had completed the medical exam.  My husband had his exam yesterday and the office said they will send it to the consulate. We're hoping they will schedule the interview soon. 

4 minutes ago, Bnoubm12 said:

Yes!! After not hearing anything from the consulate for almost 3 weeks, we emailed them again and they replied the next day asking us if we had completed the medical exam.  My husband had his exam yesterday and the office said they will send it to the consulate. We're hoping they will schedule the interview soon. 

Interesting! I was thinking about going this route even though it's technically not the normal/correct way to go as seen on the .gov websites. But I think it will work in the NL because I was also asked by the consulate if we've already done our medical exam...? So if we just go ahead and schedule that soon then maybe it'll work out. Can you let me know when you receive the interview date? Our cases will hopefully be close together!

Also - I'm from TN too (Knoxville)! We're not moving back there, but still funny to see another TN in NL.

18 minutes ago, EmVE said:

Interesting! I was thinking about going this route even though it's technically not the normal/correct way to go as seen on the .gov websites. But I think it will work in the NL because I was also asked by the consulate if we've already done our medical exam...? So if we just go ahead and schedule that soon then maybe it'll work out. Can you let me know when you receive the interview date? Our cases will hopefully be close together!

Also - I'm from TN too (Knoxville)! We're not moving back there, but still funny to see another TN in NL.

I would definitely go ahead and the schedule the medical exam. We scheduled it as soon as they asked us when it was, and I replied with the date. They then told me to contact them again once it was complete.  I'll definitely keep you updated! 

That's funny! I don't think I've ever seen another TN to NL couple! 😀

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2021 at 9:35 PM, EmVE said:

I scheduled my medical as soon as I got my interview date and I was able to have my medical done 2 weeks before the interview. Could even have been 3 weeks before the interview, but that didn't give me enough time to get the last vaccination I needed. But it might work to schedule it ahead of time.

Our timeline:

Married:                      07/04/2016

Filed for I-130:           09/25/2020

NOA1 Date:                09/25/2020

Active review:            03/11/2021

I-130 Approved:         03/12/2021

Case sent to DOS:     03/15/2021

NVC Received:           03/15/2021

DS-260 fees paid:      03/16/2021         

I-864 fees paid:          03/16/2021

Sent IV package:        03/24/2021

Sent I-864 package:  03/24/2021
Document review:     04/27/2021 (Marriage certificate rejected, somehow I mistakenly uploaded a different document)

Re-sent IV package:  05/04/2021

NVC Completed:        06/04/2021

NVC Left:                    06/15/2021

Consulate Received: 06/15/2021

Medical Exam:           06/29/2021

Interview date:           07/13/2021 (review)

VISA approval:           07/13/2021

VISA Received:          07/17/2021

US Entry:                     07/28/2021 (POE: Chicago)(review)

Received SS card:     08/09/2021

18 minutes ago, Alex Prijn said:

I scheduled my medical as soon as I got my interview date and I was able to have my medical done 2 weeks before the interview. Could even have been 3 weeks before the interview, but that didn't give me enough time to get the last vaccination I needed. But it might work to schedule it ahead of time.

Since our case was expedited, they were apparently waiting on us to complete the medical first, but never informed us. We ended up scheduling the medical ASAP after they asked us when it was (we got an appointment a week out from contacting the medical office). They wouldn't schedule our interview until they reviewed the results from the medical, 2 1/2 weeks later. The interview was scheduled for a month out, but we were able to get it moved up. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.