Ikhan

I130 sent to local office in seattle?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I talked to a tier 2 today and he said my i130 for my spouse who is overseas is at my local Seattle office. It was moved from Csc to Seattle and pending review. Is this normal? I thought my i130 would be approved by CSC and then sent to NVC Islamabad. 

Does anyone know the process? Or have they made a mistake?

Thank you for the help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Usually I130s don't go to local field offices, but who knows with USCIS.  This could simply be CSC transferring work to balance the workload, but usually those go to other service centers.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Usually I130s don't go to local field offices, but who knows with USCIS.  This could simply be CSC transferring work to balance the workload, but usually those go to other service centers.

Or someone who has no clue what they are talking about or just trying to get OP off of the phone. But one guess is as good as another when dealing with USCIS phone service. My experiences with them have been less than stellar. The Tier 2 person I spoke with had little to no clue about the K1 process. She had spent her career processing AOS, ROC and citizenship applications. We had a nice conversation but it was of little help to me.

Edited by boris64

Finally done...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, boris64 said:

Or someone who has no clue what they are talking about or just trying to get OP off of the phone. But one guess is as good as another when dealing with USCIS phone service. My experiences with them have been less than stellar.

That is always a possibility.  We were fortunate enough never having a reason to call for any of my wife's processes.  

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ikhan said:

I talked to a tier 2 today and he said my i130 for my spouse who is overseas is at my local Seattle office. It was moved from Csc to Seattle and pending review. Is this normal? I thought my i130 would be approved by CSC and then sent to NVC Islamabad. 

Thank you for the help!

One of the reason they transferred your case to your local field office could be to call you later in in the office and ask you few things before approving or denying based on what's submitted. Are there any red flags?

Edited by arken

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
27 minutes ago, arken said:

One of the reason they transferred your case to your local field office could be to call you later in in the office and ask you few things before approving or denying based on what's submitted. Are there any red flags?

I don't think there are red flags. I consistently cross the us and Canada border because I have family in Canada. Other than that, I can't think of anything. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ikhan said:

Thank you for the help!

This happened to us as well. To this day, I don't know for sure if it was a mistake or if they just do a few random interviews from time to time for some auditing purposes or something! I was called into the Detroit office for an interview on a pending I-130. The interviewer seemed surprised that my husband wasn't with me and double checked the application to make sure we had marked that he had never been to the US and that he would be applying at the embassy overseas. Everything was correct so she asked me a few basic questions, looked at our wedding photos, and approved the application which then went to NVC. Never did find out why the interview happened! I kind of think it was a data entry mistake and they thought he was here in the US. Regardless, he got here and is now a citizen. I hope it goes well for you!

Timeline

The officer was a bit confused as well when I asked him why my petition was in Seattle. I told him that my wife was in Pakistan and I was under the assumption that CSC was going to process my petition. I think whoever was putting in the information assumed my wife was in Seattle with me. I definitely don't want to go through the interview if I don't have to. 

The officer was nice, I assume he will remedy the mistake and expedite the process if possible

6 hours ago, Ikhan said:

Thank you for the help!

Standalone I-130s end up in the local office for the purpose of an interview if there's a presumption of fraud. Have you ever petitioned for a previous spouse, has your spouse had a prior I-130 filed for her by a previous spouse, has your spouse ever been in removal proceedings, or anything similar that would set off a red flag?

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Demise said:

Standalone I-130s end up in the local office for the purpose of an interview if there's a presumption of fraud. Have you ever petitioned for a previous spouse, has your spouse had a prior I-130 filed for her by a previous spouse, has your spouse ever been in removal proceedings, or anything similar that would set off a red flag?

Nope, only 1 spouse who has never been the US. We have a 9 year gap in age? I have never applied for anyone else. 

The tier 2 officer said there wasn't anything on the file that would suggest it needed further processing. He said it looked good to him. It felt like they had made a mistake because he asked "Your wife is in seattle?" I said no.

1 hour ago, Ikhan said:

Nope, only 1 spouse who has never been the US. We have a 9 year gap in age? I have never applied for anyone else. 

The tier 2 officer said there wasn't anything on the file that would suggest it needed further processing. He said it looked good to him. It felt like they had made a mistake because he asked "Your wife is in seattle?" I said no.

Then that's gotta a mistake. Ideally they'll just send it back to CSC, but if they don't and you get summoned to an interview don't miss it (attend alone because spouse is not in US), getting denied because you let them run with their mistake is not the best idea.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

12 hours ago, tsabbas said:

This happened to us as well. To this day, I don't know for sure if it was a mistake or if they just do a few random interviews from time to time for some auditing purposes or something! I was called into the Detroit office for an interview on a pending I-130. The interviewer seemed surprised that my husband wasn't with me and double checked the application to make sure we had marked that he had never been to the US and that he would be applying at the embassy overseas. Everything was correct so she asked me a few basic questions, looked at our wedding photos, and approved the application which then went to NVC. Never did find out why the interview happened! I kind of think it was a data entry mistake and they thought he was here in the US. Regardless, he got here and is now a citizen. I hope it goes well for you!

Thanks for posting this. I had never heard of this before.

Finally done...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
On 5/14/2021 at 12:16 PM, Demise said:

That's correct, except need not actually be because of a presumption of fraud.  I does usually have something to do with past immigration processes or issues.  The OP should expect to be called for an interview.  Lots of things can trigger this including recent divorces.  

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.