seekingthetruth

Rescheduling IR1/CR1 Interviews At Manila Embassy

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any recent (after Covid started, last year or so) experiences with rescheduling your CR1/IR1 interview at Manila embassy?  If so, please post your experience here.

As I understand it from other posts (none of which were Manila) you have to miss your original assigned interview day before you can login and get a new one.  I'm interested in how hard it was to find a new date.

There is one thread about rescheduling for 2019, but it seems to contradict the "wait until you miss the appointment" concept and does not have a conclusion.

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

3 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

Nothing in that post applies. That was pre-covid, and all normal processing is out the window.

Yes, my point in posting it was that nobody mentioned the "wait until your appointment date passes" concept that seems to be the way to do it now.  Hoping to find recent experiences.

Spouse

Stepdaughter

Sharing my experience below. Posted this in another thread. I missed my appointment as I was made to undergo SLEC's sputum testing. Immediately after obtaining my medical clearance, I sent the embassy an email requesting to have my interview rescheduled. I know of someone who requested to reschedule her appointment as she needed to renew her passport. She didn't receive a reply but since she didn't have a valid passport at that time, she skipped her original interview appointment. She's now trying to reschedule. Hope this helps.

On 5/10/2021 at 10:08 AM, angeljolie said:

I have successfully rescheduled an appointment by sending a request to support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com. The wait was 3.5 weeks before I received my new appointment, which was in another 3 weeks from their notice. In my email, I emphasized that I was requesting for RESCHEDULING. They aren't prioritizing cases that have not been given prior interviews, but don't quote me on this; it's just an observation based on other applicants' accounts.

Here are the channels you can use to request for a new appointment. When I emailed them, I attached my vaccination worksheet and my first interview letter from the embassy.

1. USEM inquiry form - https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/ 

2. Email to support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com

3. Call center - https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-main-contactus.asp

4. CGI portal - “Provide Feedback” http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com/ph/

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

2 hours ago, angeljolie said:

Sharing my experience below.

Thanks so much for reposting!

So after your appointment was missed, did you try to access the online appointment calendar that others talked about for other embassies?   I don't know that it even exists.

Spouse

Stepdaughter

23 minutes ago, seekingthetruth said:

Thanks so much for reposting!

So after your appointment was missed, did you try to access the online appointment calendar that others talked about for other embassies?   I don't know that it even exists.

I did try scheduling a new appointment thru the portal (http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com/ph/) but it always said "No available date." The instruction on the first interview appointment email I received also said that rescheduling should be done by sending an email to ivmanilareplies@state.gov. The embassy eventually converted this email address to be solely for outgoing mails and directed applicants to send inquiries thru their online inquiry form. Please see screenshot below.  On the embassy's website, they indicated additional contact points which are also on my original reply. https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/

image.png.7b83a2b9e020dbf4cd4fb9f0e0ffadea.png

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.