Murph4865

Prognosis on interview

24 posts in this topic

My wife is back in manila to get final results on culture after 2 month sputum, our original interview was on march 26th but got pushed off cause of sputum, she was told when she comes back to head straight to vaccination before getting results.

I would like to know if culture is good how do we re-Schedule interview and if we are classified priority or what would the prognosis be for getting interview done passport and visa before medical expires? She was told she has to fly out no later then August 7th, kind of worried do not want to do another medical and wait another year or two yet.  Been two yrs since we got married in the Phils already and one hell of a cost.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Being instructed to head to vaccinations is your results ... they don't give the vaccinations until the end of the medical.   :)  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

5 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Being instructed to head to vaccinations is your results ... they don't give the vaccinations until the end of the medical.   :)  

Even though she has not got final results yet?  The nurse told her back in march to go to vaccinations when she comes back up before getting results for culture.

what about the rescheduling and being prioritized?  Does SLEC reschedule or do we have to do it?

1 hour ago, Murph4865 said:

what about the rescheduling and being prioritized?  Does SLEC reschedule or do we have to do it?

This is what I would do and what I did after we had the passport with visa stolen, we had very limited time to get into the US.  After we got the new passport, I immediately sent an email to USEM and told them what happened and the timeline.  I waited to the new passport was received to tell them the situation. 

Once its confirmed the sputum test is OK, send an email to USEM.  You need to be proactive.  Put in your Subject line something like this:  "MNL#XXXXXXXX, Spouse Last Name, First Name, Reschedule of Interview, Passed Sputum test, Medical Expire: August 7"

In the body of your email use bullet points if your going to convey alot of information.  Emphasize in the email that you are ready now for an interview and can be there at anytime.  Send your email to them between 530-6am on the morning of a business day that they are open.  Avoid holidays.  This way your email will be at the top of the long list of emails that come in.  Most people will read emails top-down.  After 3 full business days, if you do not get a response, full up with a 2nd email but change your subject line to "2nd email: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (all the same info you had in the first email subject line).

I did the above and got an immediate response about needing the new visa put in the new passport.  USEM (unbelievably) was extremely responsive (I had responses by the next business day) and once they had received the new passport, actually called us multiple times to make sure we could get into the US before visa expiration.  You have 3 months, but thats not alot of time as it may take a month or more to schedule the interview, plus it will take about 3 weeks to get the visa after the interview.  Elect to pick up the visa at MOA 2GO if you can.  Thats the fastest way.  If you are in the province, you will lose another week (3-5 days) of time if its mailed there. 

Not sure if this will work, but as I said, I did something similar and we made it to the US with 5 days to spare on the visa.  Just be proactive.  

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

Even though she has not got final results yet?  The nurse told her back in march to go to vaccinations when she comes back up before getting results for culture.

SLEC doesn't do scheduling anymore, they did years ago, and with this beer virus bs I am sure you will need to make direct contact with the embassy.

Flicks gave some some good advice, I would follow his recommendation.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

This is what I would do and what I did after we had the passport with visa stolen, we had very limited time to get into the US.  After we got the new passport, I immediately sent an email to USEM and told them what happened and the timeline.  I waited to the new passport was received to tell them the situation. 

Once its confirmed the sputum test is OK, send an email to USEM.  You need to be proactive.  Put in your Subject line something like this:  "MNL#XXXXXXXX, Spouse Last Name, First Name, Reschedule of Interview, Passed Sputum test, Medical Expire: August 7"

In the body of your email use bullet points if your going to convey alot of information.  Emphasize in the email that you are ready now for an interview and can be there at anytime.  Send your email to them between 530-6am on the morning of a business day that they are open.  Avoid holidays.  This way your email will be at the top of the long list of emails that come in.  Most people will read emails top-down.  After 3 full business days, if you do not get a response, full up with a 2nd email but change your subject line to "2nd email: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (all the same info you had in the first email subject line).

I did the above and got an immediate response about needing the new visa put in the new passport.  USEM (unbelievably) was extremely responsive (I had responses by the next business day) and once they had received the new passport, actually called us multiple times to make sure we could get into the US before visa expiration.  You have 3 months, but thats not alot of time as it may take a month or more to schedule the interview, plus it will take about 3 weeks to get the visa after the interview.  Elect to pick up the visa at MOA 2GO if you can.  Thats the fastest way.  If you are in the province, you will lose another week (3-5 days) of time if its mailed there. 

Not sure if this will work, but as I said, I did something similar and we made it to the US with 5 days to spare on the visa.  Just be proactive.  

Do you by chance have email address for embassy you used to send in for what you did, i am starting to stress out about this ####### freaking BS created fear mongering all over the world has created massive immigration problems for us legal people but illegals have no problems.

1 hour ago, Murph4865 said:

Do you by chance have email address for embassy you used to send in for what you did, i am starting to stress out about this ####### freaking BS created fear mongering all over the world has created massive immigration problems for us legal people but illegals have no problems.

ivmanilareplies@state.gov

Stress to them your a CR1. Your suppose to have first priority anyway. Also stress the cancelled interview and if SLEC sent you anything stating you passed the sputum, attach that. If they didn’t dont  worry about it. Just write to them to get the ball rolling. Like I said they worked with us when they knew the medical would be expiring and we were K1 approved for an expedite due to USC child.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

On 5/9/2021 at 6:30 AM, flicks1998 said:

ivmanilareplies@state.gov

USEM has announced that, effective May 1st, this email address will be outgoing only. 

On 5/9/2021 at 12:38 AM, Murph4865 said:

I have successfully rescheduled an appointment by sending a request to support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com. The wait was 3.5 weeks before I received my new appointment, which was in another 3 weeks from their notice. In my email, I emphasized that I was requesting for RESCHEDULING. They aren't prioritizing cases that have not been given prior interviews, but don't quote me on this; it's just an observation based on other applicants' accounts.

Here are the channels you can use to request for a new appointment. When I emailed them, I attached my vaccination worksheet and my first interview letter from the embassy.

1. USEM inquiry form - https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/ 

2. Email to support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com

3. Call center - https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-main-contactus.asp

4. CGI portal - “Provide Feedback” http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com/ph/

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

1 hour ago, angeljolie said:

USEM has announced that, effective May 1st, this email address will be outgoing only. 

I have successfully rescheduled an appointment by sending a request to support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com. The wait was 3.5 weeks before I received my new appointment, which was in another 3 weeks from their notice. In my email, I emphasized that I was requesting for RESCHEDULING. They aren't prioritizing cases that have not been given prior interviews, but don't quote me on this; it's just an observation based on other applicants' accounts.

Here are the channels you can use to request for a new appointment. When I emailed them, I attached my vaccination worksheet and my first interview letter from the embassy.

1. USEM inquiry form - https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/ 

So in total 6.5 weeks before the interview day from date of first writing?  This is my concern if they have an August 7 medical expiry as even after the interview, it’s another 2-3 weeks before the visa would be received which doesn’t give a lot of time to spare.  From today to august 7 is 13 weeks. 

2 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

So in total 6.5 weeks before the interview day from date of first writing?  This is my concern if they have an August 7 medical expiry as even after the interview, it’s another 2-3 weeks before the visa would be received which doesn’t give a lot of time to spare.  From today to august 7 is 13 weeks. 

Yes 6.5 weeks from first writing, which is relatively "fortunate." I joined a Facebook group of Filipino applicants processing their immigrant visas and there are at least 3 who got interview appointments as close as 5 days from their medical expiration. Appointment scheduling/rescheduling has been crazy the past 2 months. 

I-130                                                                                   

I-751

N-400             

12 minutes ago, angeljolie said:

Yes 6.5 weeks from first writing, which is relatively "fortunate." I joined a Facebook group of Filipino applicants processing their immigrant visas and there are at least 3 who got interview appointments as close as 5 days from their medical expiration. Appointment scheduling/rescheduling has been crazy the past 2 months. 

Wow that’s crazy. In late January we were about 3.5 weeks away from visa expiration and the embassy called us to confirm if we could make it to the US on time. We said we could and it still took over 2 weeks to get the visa. They must now be almost immediately releasing the visas. 

To the OP, make sure you have everything done for the CFO And the last step is just to email a copy of the visa to them. 

2 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

They must now be almost immediately releasing the visas. 

I hope they are. 

5 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

To the OP, make sure you have everything done for the CFO And the last step is just to email a copy of the visa to them. 

I second this. I will also add that if her birth was registered late, let her bring early life documents (e.g., baptismal certificate, school report cards, old IDs, etc). The embassy has been notorious for picking on late registered births, issuing applicants 221g left and right.

I-130                                                                                   

I-751

N-400             

5 hours ago, angeljolie said:

I hope they are. 

I second this. I will also add that if her birth was registered late, let her bring early life documents (e.g., baptismal certificate, school report cards, old IDs, etc). The embassy has been notorious for picking on late registered births, issuing applicants 221g left and right.

We have gotten cfo done already got it done back in 2017 when we was trying K1 route so we now have to use the phililipine@ustraveldocs.com in order to get a interview rescheduled, this whole system is getting more and more messed up.

7 hours ago, angeljolie said:

Our original interview was set for March 26th so we was there to do it when she was doing her medical, what you are saying then since we had one scheduled we could be possibly prioritized then since it was gonna happen before.

3 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

Our original interview was set for March 26th so we was there to do it when she was doing her medical, what you are saying then since we had one scheduled we could be possibly prioritized then since it was gonna happen before.

Right. But again, this is just my observation based on the info available online from other applicants' accounts. Applicants who request rescheduling seem to be getting appointments quicker versus those who have been documentarily qualified and are waiting for interview appointments. It looks like the embassy considers the validity of the medical exams of those who were given interview appointments before. But I would say I was also very persistent in following up with the embassy (I sent several follow up emails and called them several times as well).

I-130                                                                                   

I-751

N-400             

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.