Joe98

Considering a possible lawsuit for Manila

18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

i wonder and ponder why anyone still tries the K1 visa /  it no longer (and has not been for well over 2  years before the virus) the fastest way to go and the draw backs are huge  /  just dealing with AoS, EAD,  SS #'s medical insurance and all the K1 entails is enough to discourge anyone/  plus the K1 and doing AOS and ROC later is more expensive 

Back in 2009 i applied for a K1 July 1st and interview was in November / that's how it use to be but no longer is

and we were denied the K1 and had to marry/  upset me at the time but the CR1 /IR1 has so many advantages,  the Moroccan embassy actually did me a favor by making us go the spousal route

Because getting married in the Philippines has many built in delays that could take more than 3 weeks no navigate.   Not every is privileged to take that kind of time away from work 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

Can I ask what you mean to reflect that she is here lawfully?  Do you mean the I-94?  On Tuesday this week, I sent in the I-485 forms (along with the 1-765 and I-131) and am expecting a long wait for that process to materialize, at least 8-11 months for 765 and 131 and years for the 485.  However, we were able to get a SSN within a month of arrival and my wife is on my employer health insurance.  I didnt need any documentation for that, except to give them a copy of our marriage certificate as a "life changing" event.  Technically her I-94 "expires" on May 19th but Im not worried about getting the NOA1 on time as that will take months according to current processing times.

Lawful Presence is a term that I think means you are in compliance with visa requirements.  Our problem appears to be that there is a data entry error somewhere.  In Texas when you apply for an ID card they run you through the Homeland Security Computer and when DPS does that  it comes back saying "Lawful Presence can not be Verified"  This is happening even after we received the NOA-797 for the 485 and presented that as evidence.  Even with a certified copy of our Marriage Certificate we still are being asked for a photo ID to process medical insurance.   SSN was issued but under her maiden name.  Social Security would not accept marriage certificate so now in order to correct this we need the Texas ID.  We received the NOA for the 485 in about a month, so that has worked out well.  i-131 was returned due to lack of sufficient payment which is a mistake by USCIS  because we filed it with the 485 and there is no payment required.  We are going to attach the 485 NOA and resubmit the i-131.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread locked to further replies. WE have a thread regarding the lawsuit in US Immigration News and Discussion.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.