Joe98

Considering a possible lawsuit for Manila

18 posts in this topic

I’m not writing this to ask any questions or anything, I’m simply stating how I possibly feel that things will need to go. I am considering working with a law firm to do a lawsuit against the Manila embassy in the Philippines. After reading too many updates and seeing videos on YouTube and other sources, I am beginning to feel that unless I and others take action things will not happen with k1 visas at all. I’m tired of the lies coming out of the Philippines government and the fact that they don’t seem to care about anything with vaccines or the people. And to be honest I really don’t think our current president will do anything either because of the fact k1 visas are done the legal and correct way and he only seems to be concerned about the illegal people so I think we have been duped by him. I’m sure I will probably get some negative comments about this and people have the right to their opinion and you can disagree with me if you wish, but I will ask that you respect my opinion and how I feel as I’m sure others feel the same way.

1 hour ago, Joe98 said:

I’m not writing this to ask any questions or anything, I’m simply stating how I possibly feel that things will need to go. I am considering working with a law firm to do a lawsuit against the Manila embassy in the Philippines. After reading too many updates and seeing videos on YouTube and other sources, I am beginning to feel that unless I and others take action things will not happen with k1 visas at all. I’m tired of the lies coming out of the Philippines government and the fact that they don’t seem to care about anything with vaccines or the people. And to be honest I really don’t think our current president will do anything either because of the fact k1 visas are done the legal and correct way and he only seems to be concerned about the illegal people so I think we have been duped by him. I’m sure I will probably get some negative comments about this and people have the right to their opinion and you can disagree with me if you wish, but I will ask that you respect my opinion and how I feel as I’m sure others feel the same way.

No you’ve got a point. All the focus is toward catering to the illegals and refugees at this point. I have yet to see anything being done about the delays in legal immigration.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Joe98 said:

There is one already with about 150 plaintiffs.  Unfortunately it's to late to join in. 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Phil967 said:

No you’ve got a point. All the focus is toward catering to the illegals and refugees at this point. I have yet to see anything being done about the delays in legal immigration.

I think the Administration is focusing on that because the issue is immediately pressing, plus the border areas around Mexico aren't exactly known to be safe with all the drug cartels and such. As much as family separation suck and case delays are driving us all collectively up the wall, we're not in any immediate danger.

That being said, it's not like the US Government can't multitask. Biden is trying to get his new USCIS Director confirmed by the Senate. The nominee is one of the people from DHS Watch and a critic of the Trump immigration policies...it would lead me to believe (and you can knock me for being naive) that they will be focused on tackling the backlogs there. Right now there's just an acting director at USCIS and their job is to just keep the light on while the Senate confirms the nominee. 

However, it has been frustrating to see that the DoS has been pretty slow but from what I understand getting accredited Consular Offices out to diplomatic missions to process visas isn't a quick nor easy process, and I think foreign countries limit the number of diplomats to boot. I would hope that the administration has a plan to sort out the visa backlog because it's evidently not sustainable unless there is a significant increase in people processing and interviewing cases.

Edited by Kai (CanadaDude)

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancé called today and the lady told that the Embassy in manila is resuming but no specific date and they are doing another review for each cases and after that they will contact or send an email to applicants for their interview. And she checked our case that has been escalated and confirmed that its in line for another review and those expired cases is okay but many thought those expired cases will get an interview the lady said no because they follow the order of their timeline like when did they file and when it was approved. 

12 hours ago, Joe98 said:

The President of Philippines has destroyed the economy and basically locked up most of the people in the Philippines. With the curfews, travel bans, quarantine, kids under 16 not allowed to leave there houses, people over 65 on house arrest as well. 

I don't see the US Embassy in Manila doing routine K1 visa interviews until sometime in 2022.  Duterte has proved to be a total idiot and incapable of leading a country.  You see now why Philippines is a 3rd world country with systemic poverty and with a bleak future, 

I can see now why so many people want to escape the Philippines, either by fiance or spousal visa to other countries, or even going to another Asian country as a domestic helper.  

Have you looked into flying into another country and getting married?  Some guy recently posted he meet his fiance in Costa Rica and got married and filed a spousal visa and was approved in 49 days.   That's seems like a better, quicker and faster option than doing a lawsuit. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
8 hours ago, Phil967 said:

Not only interviews but also the processing of the visas after approval. 

What do you mean?  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Perfectly normal to get frustrated.   I feel like I am in a battle and there is no one to help me.  My wife arrived on December 4, 2020 and to date I have not been able to get Homeland Security to update their computer to reflect that she is here lawfully.  We have the 485 NOA and still can not get any cooperation from USCIS who when last contacted stated that they will contact the "local" Homeland Security Office and have the computer updated.  Instead of doing that they sent me an Email and said after further consideration my request was being forwarded to NBC in Missouri.  So we can not  get an ID card, which for us means no Medical Insurance, and unable to correct the SSAN mess up.  For that matter she can not even get a fishing license. It is so frustrating when USCIS can tell you what the problem is but still will not fix it.   Best of luck to all you folks going through this horrid K1 Visa process.

Definitely more and more considering marrying in a 3rd country and switching to CR-1 while living in the Philippines half the year (eventually).  K-1 just feels like a dead end right now for Manila.  No end in sight. :(

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

28 minutes ago, PWB said:

Perfectly normal to get frustrated.   I feel like I am in a battle and there is no one to help me.  My wife arrived on December 4, 2020 and to date I have not been able to get Homeland Security to update their computer to reflect that she is here lawfully.  We have the 485 NOA and still can not get any cooperation from USCIS who when last contacted stated that they will contact the "local" Homeland Security Office and have the computer updated.  Instead of doing that they sent me an Email and said after further consideration my request was being forwarded to NBC in Missouri.  So we can not  get an ID card, which for us means no Medical Insurance, and unable to correct the SSAN mess up.  For that matter she can not even get a fishing license. It is so frustrating when USCIS can tell you what the problem is but still will not fix it.   Best of luck to all you folks going through this horrid K1 Visa process.

Can I ask what you mean to reflect that she is here lawfully?  Do you mean the I-94?  On Tuesday this week, I sent in the I-485 forms (along with the 1-765 and I-131) and am expecting a long wait for that process to materialize, at least 8-11 months for 765 and 131 and years for the 485.  However, we were able to get a SSN within a month of arrival and my wife is on my employer health insurance.  I didnt need any documentation for that, except to give them a copy of our marriage certificate as a "life changing" event.  Technically her I-94 "expires" on May 19th but Im not worried about getting the NOA1 on time as that will take months according to current processing times.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Timeline
20 hours ago, Joe98 said:

They just filed the manila one. I'm sure they will do another though. Go to siskinds page and email them about your interest. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, PWB said:

i wonder and ponder why anyone still tries the K1 visa /  it no longer (and has not been for well over 2  years before the virus) the fastest way to go and the draw backs are huge  /  just dealing with AoS, EAD,  SS #'s medical insurance and all the K1 entails is enough to discourge anyone/  plus the K1 and doing AOS and ROC later is more expensive 

Back in 2009 i applied for a K1 July 1st and interview was in November / that's how it use to be but no longer is

and we were denied the K1 and had to marry/  upset me at the time but the CR1 /IR1 has so many advantages,  the Moroccan embassy actually did me a favor by making us go the spousal route

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.