homesick_american

Airpets were fantastic

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Just to let the UK-ers know...if you need to move pets from the UK to the USA, Airpets were great. The whole process was pretty easy and they were very helpful. They even took care of my cat's medication. They weren't cheap, but if you love your moggies then it's worth it.

http://www.airpets.co.uk/index.html

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Just to let the UK-ers know...if you need to move pets from the UK to the USA, Airpets were great. The whole process was pretty easy and they were very helpful. They even took care of my cat's medication. They weren't cheap, but if you love your moggies then it's worth it.

I had a look at Air Pets and was very impressed with their set up, however as you say not too impressed with their prices. As a less expensive alternative, there are still at least two airlines that allow you to take your pets with you as excess baggage (North West and Delta). I elected to get all of the paperwork together by myself, buy a suitable carrier and pay the excess baggage. The excess baggage was $100, add to that approx $200 for vets fees and approx $160 for a large dog kennel, it comes in massively below the couriers price, which was approx $2400. Getting the dog through customs was a breeze, no requests for paperwork, just interested if I had any food for her and through we went. The couriers try to tell you that you are paying for the paperwork and the lack of hassle, but honestly there isn't any and I cannot see how they can justify such inflated prices.

If you have the time to do it yourself and the two airlines fly near to where you need to be, the savings alone make it worth while.

Filed: Timeline

I had a look at Air Pets and was very impressed with their set up, however as you say not too impressed with their prices. As a less expensive alternative, there are still at least two airlines that allow you to take your pets with you as excess baggage (North West and Delta). I elected to get all of the paperwork together by myself, buy a suitable carrier and pay the excess baggage. The excess baggage was $100, add to that approx $200 for vets fees and approx $160 for a large dog kennel, it comes in massively below the couriers price, which was approx $2400. Getting the dog through customs was a breeze, no requests for paperwork, just interested if I had any food for her and through we went. The couriers try to tell you that you are paying for the paperwork and the lack of hassle, but honestly there isn't any and I cannot see how they can justify such inflated prices.

If you have the time to do it yourself and the two airlines fly near to where you need to be, the savings alone make it worth while.

Unfortunately Northwest and Delta are poor options for people flying to DFW. Texas is AA/Continental territory.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.