RJ&RD

Filed I-130 petition online showing Marriage end dates

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

On 5/2/2021 at 8:00 AM, RJ&RD said:

Paper filing is better, people who filed Paper based petition their cases are already being reviewed but who did online theirs still at received status.

Each method has its advantages and disadvantages, and there is no way that anyone here has enough information to make blanket statements like this.

Edited by JKLSemicolon
clarifying the part I was referring to (in bold)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JKLSemicolon said:

Each method has its advantages and disadvantages, and there is no way that anyone here has enough information to make blanket statements like this.

I'm not making any blanket statements, im saying that based on the VJ posts.

3 minutes ago, JKLSemicolon said:

Nobody asked for your judgment.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/3/2021 at 1:45 PM, JKLSemicolon said:

I agree. I guess everyone has their own experience, I've found the online filing better for me. I have a cousin in the same boat who within a month of submitting his app online, received an update indicating his application was actively being reviewed. 

I feel USCIS is so random, it's so difficult to tell what will expedite the process and what won't. The only real guideline we have is the indicated processing times of each of the respective service centers. For my own sanity, I submitted my application and made a conscious decision not to drive myself crazy by obsessing about approximate dates by when my application will be approved. I sent it out and it will be approved when it is approved. If I don't think about it, I'll just wake up one day to a pleasant surprise, but if I obsess over it, I'll be disappointed each day that passes without an update and it's really going to be harmful to my mood and mental peace. 

Whether online filing is better or paper filing is also anyone's guess, the only real way to find out would be if two people in exactly the same/similar circumstances submitted their applications at the same time, but one did it online and the other went the paper filing route and their apps went to the same service center and were reviewed by the same USCIS official.

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

February 2021 - Sent I-130

July 2021 - Sent expedite request

July 2021 - Approved 

August 2021 - NVC Welcome Letters

November 2021 - NVC requests missing documents

December 2021 - Submitted missing docs to NVC

May 2022  Notice of interview appointment

June 2022 - Interview + put in AP

March 2023 - AP complete + second medical requested by consulate

April 2023 - new medical submitted, visa status changed to issued

May 2023 - Entry into US

• 3 years later...
On 5/1/2021 at 11:06 AM, RJ&RD said:

Does anyone know how to fix an error on the Form I-130 filed online, when I downloaded the PDF snapshot of the online filed I-130 petition, it shows that my current marriage has end date same as my previous marriage end date. I have even sent the request to correct typo error but that didn't help. It's stressful.

Did you fix this issue? If not, did you get approved? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.