JobbinsKnobbins

MAY 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

87 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Ok now I feel like I have a ton of questions for next steps. I am currently gathering the documents needed to support the I-134 as well ongoing relationship proof etc to send over to my partner.

1. How to I register with NVC? Am I supposed to?

2. When does the DS-160 get filled out?

3. Am I supposed to register with the embassy as well?

Feeling a little lost.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
On 5/12/2021 at 10:07 AM, JustineC85 said:

I just did it right now. Hopefully I get some feedback. 

I got the NVC to consulate email thanks to getting the notifications set up with the USCIS receipt number. Still haven't gotten anything in the mail, so signing up for the email updates is the way to go.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
23 hours ago, JobbinsKnobbins said:

I just got my NVC to Consulate notification today, with nothing prior (Didn't ask for email change until late, got the email with the case number) 

DS-160 can actually be filled out once you have it sent to the NVC since the visa application uses the USCIS receipt number (You aren't missing any information)  The embassy should get the case and will schedule after you pay the associated fees with the applications (spitballing here, not an expert). 

Ok working on filling out the DS-160. I have legit been dreading this day for the last 7 months! My partner has a tricky background. He was adopted from Russia when he was 6 by a Finnish family. Ok here is where things get messy........ he is estranged from his adopted family and ended up in foster care as a teenager. His foster parents were in the US for a couple years when he was 14-16 then they went back to Finland. He has a very tricky relationship with them and doesn't talk to them much.

Ok soooooooo...... he has no idea what kind of visa etc he was here on when he was a kid because he was a minor and that passport is lost now. I have no idea how to answer some of these DS-160 questions. Same thing goes for his vaccination records........ we have no clue how to get them etc because of his family stuff. I am beyond frustrated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Joining this thread, woke up to NOA2 approved!!

Is this where we sign up for email notifications? https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx 

Edited by NB5347
question

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Got out case number and invoice number today!

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

In transit to Sydney! 

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, Christian And Van said:

Hello all!

We received our NO2 on May 13th and we just got word from the NVC and our case is in transit to the consulate in Paris, as of yesterday June 9th!

Is France processing? We're next door in Spain... sounds like the embassy has finally started processing K1's here.. hoping there's not much of a backlog!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, NB5347 said:

Is France processing? We're next door in Spain... sounds like the embassy has finally started processing K1's here.. hoping there's not much of a backlog!

Hello!

Yep they are. We have been speaking with others from Portugal, going to the French Embassay...and they have begun doing interviews. They are moving quite quickly recently it looks!

Hope all the best for you both!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Petition was approved twice, first on 4/29 and then on 5/12, I assume the latter counts.

Yesterday NVC replied to my inquiry submitted on 5/24, giving us the new case number, case status is READY since 5/27

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 hour ago, NB5347 said:

Has anyone here not received their case # yet? We’re NOA2 May 26th and haven’t heard yet from NVC. I was thinking to start calling them today since we are now 3 weeks out.

Yes, just call! This way you'll be able to update your emails as well. Calling them is the best way 😃 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.