10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey there
We are a few weeks away from the K1 visa interview and completing the I-134, which has been a bit confusing to complete because I have to include a co-sponsor (my mother).

The confusion is regarding . (part 3: question 10 -21a) For dependents , I'm not sure if I should put my stepdad , who she is married to and have petitioned and submitted an affidavit for (previously). She doesn't claim him on her taxes though and he is now a US citizen.  Do I still have to put him?

also, for part 2 : question 7 that says relationship to sponsor: it would be future son -in- law or future mother in law ?

Lastly, for 3 : should the co-sponsor select the " do not intend to make specific contributions.." or should they just  leave it blank?

Thanks ! 

Timeline
21 hours ago, GigiG24 said:

Hey there
We are a few weeks away from the K1 visa interview and completing the I-134, which has been a bit confusing to complete because I have to include a co-sponsor (my mother).

The confusion is regarding . (part 3: question 10 -21a) For dependents , I'm not sure if I should put my stepdad , who she is married to and have petitioned and submitted an affidavit for (previously). She doesn't claim him on her taxes though and he is now a US citizen.  Do I still have to put him?

also, for part 2 : question 7 that says relationship to sponsor: it would be future son -in- law or future mother in law ?

Lastly, for 3 : should the co-sponsor select the " do not intend to make specific contributions.." or should they just  leave it blank?

Thanks ! 

Hi, and good evening just a quick one please how I do download my call history,I mean my ohinet call history with my fiancé from my phone have searching for every possible means to do that ,non is coming through my way..

Timeline

Hi Gigi! 

How would you say the embassy is doing with scheduling interviews? I know you may not know but does it look like they’re trying to get through the backlog? 

I saw the US had a townhall and said they rescheduled almost 500 interviews in Nigeria. I guess I’m just trying to find out how fast they can get through that lol. Me and my fiancé would be right behind that backlog. As our NOA2 is Feb 2021. 

Edited by KrissyEkwerike

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 4/24/2021 at 5:49 PM, GigiG24 said:

Hey there

Thanks ! 

Question 1: No.
Question 2: I would answer this question as currently.  If the beneficiary is not related to the co-sponsor, then put N/A.
Question 3: Read what is in parentheses below "Part 2" in question 38.  If is applies to your co-sponsor, then answer yes.  If the co-sponsor is not going to be making money contributions to the beneficiary (for example, a monthly sum of money or helping them out each month) then the co-sponsor can put "do not intend."  Since the I-134 is not specific to the K-1, it will have questions regarding other visas.  I have been told this before with anything and I pass it onto you, read every question carefully and anything after it.  As long as it does not say "Part X" or "Question X" meaning not the same area, it more than likely explains what you are asking.
I will also say, take a breather because you are in a good place with the process.  If you need to, step away from the form for a bit and then go back and reread that entire page or that section.  This will help you proofread the remainder of the form and also get a fresh set of eyes on the question.  Congratulations on the interview!!!

Timeline
9 hours ago, Keithn85 said:

Question 2: I would answer this question as currently.  If the beneficiary is not related to the co-sponsor, then put N/A.
Question 3: Read what is in parentheses below "Part 2" in question 38.  If is applies to your co-sponsor, then answer yes.  If the co-sponsor is not going to be making money contributions to the beneficiary (for example, a monthly sum of money or helping them out each month) then the co-sponsor can put "do not intend."  Since the I-134 is not specific to the K-1, it will have questions regarding other visas.  I have been told this before with anything and I pass it onto you, read every question carefully and anything after it.  As long as it does not say "Part X" or "Question X" meaning not the same area, it more than likely explains what you are asking.
I will also say, take a breather because you are in a good place with the process.  If you need to, step away from the form for a bit and then go back and reread that entire page or that section.  This will help you proofread the remainder of the form and also get a fresh set of eyes on the question.  Congratulations on the interview!!!

Wow thank you so much @Keithn85! As simple as the form may look, I’ve been obsessing over every detail because I don’t want us to get anything wrong , so yeah I’ve definitely had to take a few breathers. Thanks for the advice and kind words . I wish you all the best as well ! 

Timeline
On 4/25/2021 at 10:19 PM, Earl JoJo Macven said:

Hi, and good evening just a quick one please how I do download my call history,I mean my ohinet call history with my fiancé from my phone have searching for every possible means to do that ,non is coming through my way..

If you are the petitioner in the US, you can contact your phone company and ask them to send over a record of all the calls you’ve made internationally or they might give you info on how to access that online. If you used any mobile calling card apps, like Boss Revolution is Rebtel, you can also go to the activity tab and screenshot your info. 

hope that helps ! Good luck 🙂

Timeline
23 hours ago, KrissyEkwerike said:

Hi Gigi! 

How would you say the embassy is doing with scheduling interviews? I know you may not know but does it look like they’re trying to get through the backlog? 

I saw the US had a townhall and said they rescheduled almost 500 interviews in Nigeria. I guess I’m just trying to find out how fast they can get through that lol. Me and my fiancé would be right behind that backlog. As our NOA2 is Feb 2021. 

Hi @KrissyEkwerike! Yeah so I think now they’re being a bit more active with scheduling interviews . My NOA2 was back in February 2020 & our case got to the embassy in March, just as the pandemic happened  So exactly a year later, (March 2021), we kept tracking the ustravel doc website to see if we would be able to schedule the interview , & lucky enough we were able to .

people have been getting interviews recently but i believe these are ppl who had been waiting since last year . So my belief is once they get through those folks first , then they’ll tend to the backlog . With the way i see things , I think, (emphasis on think) that in a few months , they should have processed the cases that were paused during the pandemic & start handling backlog . Again, it’s just a thought and not a guaranteed statement 😂😂😂

Now , in your case because things are moving a bit, i would say contact the NVC first to see if there has been any movement with your case, because they would have to send your case to the embassy before you’re even able to get an interview .

so once you see that your case says “in transit “ or “ready” you can check the ustravel doc site to  see if there is any interview ability . Also, i just want to remind you to make sure you have the DS160 & the GT bank receipt completed .

hope that helps ! Good luck with everything!

Edited by GigiG24

Timeline
20 hours ago, Keithn85 said:

hi @Keithn85, sorry one more question . For the I-134 form with the part where it asks about annual income do I put what was on my annual tax return?

thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, GigiG24 said:

hi @Keithn85, sorry one more question . For the I-134 form with the part where it asks about annual income do I put what was on my annual tax return?

thank you!

Correct.  If you have the annual tax return, put that.  Or put what is on the W-2 if you do not have that.  I assume at this point you would have the information on annual tax return.

Timeline
Just now, Keithn85 said:

Correct.  If you have the annual tax return, put that.  Or put what is on the W-2 if you do not have that.  I assume at this point you would have the information on annual tax return.

Yes I do , Thank you so much ! Appreciate it @Keithn85

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.