homesick_american

Checking in

35 posts in this topic

Good to hear from you HA. Glad that you made it back to Texas ok. Hope things get sorted out for you soon! You didn't escape the rainy weather; seems we're about to get washed away here in Dallas lately! Take care and keep us posted as you can.

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Good to hear from you HA. Glad that you made it back to Texas ok. Hope things get sorted out for you soon! You didn't escape the rainy weather; seems we're about to get washed away here in Dallas lately! Take care and keep us posted as you can.

Yeah really; here I was thinking I was in the land of sunglasses and flip-flops. At least up here in north Dallas we're in no danger from floods...whew! The elevation up here is too high; I've never heard of this area flooding.

I saw Lake Lewisville was flooding; you're not up there are you?

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Nah - out in Arlington/Euless area. Tons of rain, but none of the places I have to go are flooded. I know 114 closed in Irving one day though - madness!

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

Nah - out in Arlington/Euless area. Tons of rain, but none of the places I have to go are flooded. I know 114 closed in Irving one day though - madness!

Yikes...really?? I've never seen 114 flooded.

Did you hear about that family in Garland blaming rescue workers because their son drowned? :blink:

Glad to hear you made it back home safely. Hope the other situation works out in a way that is best for all involved.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Welcome home!!!

I had lesser money issues, tried to use my UK debit card to withdraw money, it was declined. Tried again at the same machines and others, tried to use it for payment at the store, all declined.

Rang my bank, 20 mins later they tried to feed me the line 'you tried to make multiple transactions' whereupon I became a stark raving maniac and told them if the FIRST transaction had gone through, there wouldn't have been any other attempts!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Hey, HA!

Was wondering how you were doing yesterday, and now here you are... hope you're getting settled in back home where you belong, and that the cats get settled in soon too. Here's to things getting much, much better for you in the very near future. Welcome back! :)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

One of my cats didn't eat for nearly a week after arriving here. Now? Well, he's a fat piggy who is happy and settled! :lol:

One of them is on thyroid meds though; she's refusing to take them and now I have to take her to the vet.

I'm getting today's exchange rate and I think the pound is at its peak before the BoE meeting Thurs....phat cash! The wire came through this morning FINALLY. :thumbs: I should have access to some of my money on Thursday but the 10k GBP check I deposited with the BOA still hasn't cleared and I wouldn't have expected it to yet. At least I'm in a good position financially which helps take some of the sting out of what has happened.

My husband may still come to the USA, but I am not counting on it and I am trying to move on with my life. If he doesn't want to come I'm not going to beg because I don't want to be with someone who has to be constantly persuaded to do anything, and frankly I'd love it if I never had to speak to his cow of a mother ever again. That woman owes me an apology...a groveling apology...and I'll never get it from her. I don't want a mama's boy.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
One of my cats didn't eat for nearly a week after arriving here. Now? Well, he's a fat piggy who is happy and settled! :lol:

One of them is on thyroid meds though; she's refusing to take them and now I have to take her to the vet.

One of my cats is on meds aswell. Luckily I'm a dab hand with the old tablet and fluid down the neck trick... :lol:

One of my cats is on meds aswell. Luckily I'm a dab hand with the old tablet and fluid down the neck trick... :lol:

I used to think I was too, but this one is really stroppy. :crying:

I used to think I was too, but this one is really stroppy. :crying:

I had a cat where we had to have 4 of us pinning her down and one to put it in her mouth :lol:

Glad your back around here H_A

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

After reading your exchange rate tipoff, HA (didn't know about the BoE meeting on Thurs), I just arranged to transfer over the remains of the sterling sitting in my UK account, and got a veryveryvery good rate - so thank you for that!! :thumbs:

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

After reading your exchange rate tipoff, HA (didn't know about the BoE meeting on Thurs), I just arranged to transfer over the remains of the sterling sitting in my UK account, and got a veryveryvery good rate - so thank you for that!! :thumbs:

Hehe, you're welcome! I just hope I wasn't wrong; I think you'll strangle me if the pound goes to $2.50! :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: Nothing I've read indicates that it will, though; everything I've read indicates to me that if it does go higher, it'll be by thousandths/ten thousandths of cents. The pound is already off its peak from yesterday.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Just to add my belated welcome home. Bet you're glad you swapped the rain of Yorkshire for the rain of Texas. Good luck with the new car take it it will not be an SUV :whistle:

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.