Nature Boy 2.0

Daily update on Biden tanking america

2,965 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

[Note to self:  NB... pushover... easy mark... needs to allocate more upvotes to retain Rhodium status...]

At least you acknowledge my Rhododendron   status. Others tend not to believe 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

my Rhododendron   status

More like Rhoto-Rooter status, unless upvotes are copious.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I'll have to admit that Biden has a few accomplishments already.  

That $15 minimum wage happened faster than expected.  What with all this labor shortage even my local Walmart is hiring starting at $15.

With the extreme inflation in food prices obesity is sure to decline.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Neonred said:

I'll have to admit that Biden has a few accomplishments already.  

That $15 minimum wage happened faster than expected.  What with all this labor shortage even my local Walmart is hiring starting at $15.

Yes, many places are offering higher starting wages in an attempt to get people sitting on couches enjoying the "stimuli" to come back to work.  But that doesn't mean their state increased the minimum wage.

Not sure what you mean by the bold phrase? I think Seattle was the first?  Florida just went to $10 per hour, on their way to $15 per hour by 2026.

https://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/state-minimum-wage-chart.aspx

• Seattle passed a law in 2014 that would gradually increase its minimum wage to $15 an hour by 2021.

And while I recognize that wages DO need to be more closely aligned with inflation, doing so quickly will simple cause future inflation to outpace the raises, thereby negating the raises.  Simple economics.

Timeline
59 minutes ago, LIBrty4all said:

Not sure what you mean by the bold phrase? I think Seattle was the first?  Florida just went to $10 per hour, on their way to $15 per hour by 2026.

What I mean is that almost any business has to offer $15 to get help.  In effect it is the default minimum wage.  Here in FL, even though the min. wage is $10 you can't get anyone to work for that.  Even the unskilled illegals working for cash won't do it.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Neonred said:

What I mean is that almost any business has to offer $15 to get help.  In effect it is the default minimum wage.  Here in FL, even though the min. wage is $10 you can't get anyone to work for that.  Even the unskilled illegals working for cash won't do it.

Ok, that's what I thought you were saying, but wanted to clarify.

I'm not sure if you've seen it in your personal business, but I certainly have in mine.  As well as MANY local businesses.  Really makes it tough on many industries.  When I go out to eat, I see it most with the lack of service.  For the last six months, I have been tipping my usual amount for lackluster service, and almost double for what I consider good service.  I try to realize that it's often not the fault of the server that there isn't enough of them to keep up.

Timeline

And I think the same applies to the Green New Deal.  

Close enough pipelines and shut down enough oil drilling and exploration to raise gas prices high enough may force a large percent of people to switch to electric vehicles.  

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Neonred said:

And I think the same applies to the Green New Deal.  

Close enough pipelines and shut down enough oil drilling and exploration to raise gas prices high enough may force a large percent of people to switch to electric vehicles.  

EVs, which are currently not sustainable and still way over-priced.  Makes sense, if one is a democrat.  TCO on an EV is still 50-80% higher than an ICE.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 hours ago, Neonred said:

This probably violates the Americans With Disabilities Act in some way...

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
5 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

This probably violates the Americans With Disabilities Act in some way...

Watch out.  The price of SpaghettiOs is sure to increase, even at garage sales.

16 hours ago, LIBrty4all said:

I think some sharp folks here in CEHST were predicting this even BEFORE the wage hikes happened.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/10/inflation-has-taken-away-all-the-wage-gains-for-workers-and-then-some.html

I have received $5/hr in raises over the last year and my wife has received $3/hr in raises and our financial situation doesn't seem any better than it was last year with all the price increases.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Biden policies 'key factor' in surging energy prices, American Petroleum Institute president says

https://www.foxnews.com/us/biden-policies-key-factor-surging-energy-american-petroleum-institute-president

1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Biden policies 'key factor' in surging energy prices, American Petroleum Institute president says

https://www.foxnews.com/us/biden-policies-key-factor-surging-energy-american-petroleum-institute-president

Who would have thought shuttling down oil production would make energy prices go up?

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg