thsmuan

Passport Issue for Child

65 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A passport acquisition question has already been answered.   

Just now, thsmuan said:

I was naturalize back in june, 2016.Yes I was a U.S citizen when I married, so I was a citizen before the child was born.And I was about 10 years prior in the US before the child was born.

Based on this information,  it would appear you do qualify to pass citizenship to your child at birth.

A CRBA application is the next step for your child, NOT an i130 immigrant visa petition. 

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Based on this information,  it would appear you do qualify to pass citizenship to your child at birth.

A CRBA application is the next step for your child, NOT an i130 immigrant visa petition. 

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Well, it is a difficult situation to get CRBA for my child, because of chaos in the country where my spouse and child live (Myanmar). I'm very grateful for everyone here who trying to help me out. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, thsmuan said:

Well, it is a difficult situation to get CRBA for my child, because of chaos in the country where my spouse and child live (Myanmar). I'm very grateful for everyone here who trying to help me out. 

Today, but a lot can change over the next year 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Or longer, seems you have not started the process for your wife.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

To be clear are you asking about a passport from Myanmar so you can file an I-130 (which isn’t needed as other posters have noted)? You do need to get a Myanmar passport for your child just so they have it, you won’t need it for the CRBA but you will need to get your child a US passport after you get the CRBA. When your child leaves Burma they should have two passport but have to have a US one.

53 minutes ago, thsmuan said:

One thing you don’t seem to be getting is that you cannot pick and choose.   Either your child  IS a US citizen, and can eventually obtain a CRBA and US passport, and travel here, or NOT, and will need to be petitioned for an immigrant visa.

It isn’t a matter of which is more convenient.

2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

One thing you don’t seem to be getting is that you cannot pick and choose.   Either your child  IS a US citizen, and can eventually obtain a CRBA and US passport, and travel here, or NOT, and will need to be petitioned for an immigrant visa.

It isn’t a matter of which is more convenient.

Yea, right now I'm not sure whether my child is US citizen or not.Never experience like this before.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
16 minutes ago, thsmuan said:

Yea, right now I'm not sure whether my child is US citizen or not.Never experience like this before.

The situation like this is common. Your child technical is a USC born abroad. You need to apply CRBA + US passport for the child.

7 minutes ago, Liam2021 said:

The situation like this is common. Your child technical is a USC born abroad. You need to apply CRBA + US passport for the child.

How do I apply for CRBA? So far as I know, I have to be presence at the country in which I am going to apply for CRBA.

Ok, let's say I got CRBA, but my child still be in abroad.So, how do I apply for passport for my child? Or can I apply a passport for my child from US? Where will the passport sent? If the passport will sent to me, how can my child show the passport to the airport security?

7 minutes ago, thsmuan said:

How do I apply for CRBA? So far as I know, I have to be presence at the country in which I am going to apply for CRBA.

Ok, let's say I got CRBA, but my child still be in abroad.So, how do I apply for passport for my child? Or can I apply a passport for my child from US? Where will the passport sent? If the passport will sent to me, how can my child show the passport to the airport security?

Go to the website of us embassy in Myanmar and look under ACS CRBA. It’s all there. You fill out the forms Plus the DS-11 for passport and do an extra form as you won’t be there in person. Your wife brings all the paperwork in with your child. 

Once approved, your wife will pick up CRBA and passport for the child. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline
14 minutes ago, thsmuan said:

YOUR WIFE

YMMV

4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

YOUR WIFE

9 minutes ago, milimelo said:

Go to the website of us embassy in Myanmar and look under ACS CRBA. It’s all there. You fill out the forms Plus the DS-11 for passport and do an extra form as you won’t be there in person. Your wife brings all the paperwork in with your child. 

Once approved, your wife will pick up CRBA and passport for the child. 

How do I apply for CRBA from U.S.?

Timeline
Just now, thsmuan said:

How do I apply for CRBA from U.S.?

Have you bothered to read the instructions or do you expect someone else to do it for you?

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
4 hours ago, thsmuan said:

The problem is I'm here in US.I don't know whether I can do it from the State?

You send an affidavit from the United States to your wife.

The form is DS-3053 and should be notarized in the US before you send it.

She brings the kiddo in and applies for

the passport at the consulate or embassy.

You need to also provide proof of your presence.  You need to contact the embassy (Citizens Services) to find out exactly what they need.

Citizens Services is NOT immigration and exists for this sole purpose only.  Whole different ballgame, they cannot in any way delay or effect the issuance of a passport or processing of a passport to a USC.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/need-passport/under-16.html

Suggested to learn the process.  This kiddo should have been enjoying the rights of US citizenship from birth.  What would you do if god forbid something happened to your wife?

Edited by Nitas_man

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
3 hours ago, thsmuan said:

She mention CRBA, but she said it should be done as soon as the child was born.And she said since my child is over 2 years old now, I cannot do CRBA anymore and the best way is to get a passport (not U.S passport).

Your “immigration expert” is an idiot and no USC child belongs abandoned in Burma right now.  Was my kiddo?  I’d have him/her evac’d

Edited by Nitas_man

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.