Traveler83

Ecuador Birth Certificate - I485

2 posts in this topic

Hi everybody!

I hope you all are well. I have filed for my dad an I485 on December 2020, and we received on March 2021 and RFE for his Ecuadorian birth certificate. The RFE has this exact information:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Ecuador.html

"Document Name: The only acceptable documents are: 

1) “Inscripción de Nacimiento” issued by the National Civil Registry (Dirección General de Registro Civil, Identificación y Cedulación), and 

2) “Libro de Nacimientos” issued by the Corporación Registro Civil de Guayaquil.

Issuing Authority: The National Civil Registry (Dirección General de Registro Civil, Identificación y Cedulación) and the Corporación Registro Civil de Guayaquil.

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format:
Features of “Inscripción de Nacimiento”: header shows “República del Ecuador” and footer shows a barcode, electronic signature of Director of the Civil Registry and QR code.  This document is not printed in security paper.  The document must be legalized and stamped by the Civil Registry on the reverse side.

Features of “Libro de Nacimientos”: document is printed in security paper, with water seals on the background and has a dry seal over the Delegate’s signature.  Certification stamp and signature are placed on the left side of the document.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Director of Registro Civil, Identificación y Cedulación for documents issued by the National Civil Registry and Civil Registry delegate for documents issued by the Corporación Registro Civil de Guayaquil.

Registration Criteria: The person or persons registering the child must present a current I.D. (cédula) and the certificate of live birth (Certificado de Nacido Vivo) with the seal of the Public Health Office (Ministerio de Salud Pública) or the seal of the hospital where the child was born, with the signature of the doctor who performed the birth. If the child was born in wedlock, only one parent needs to be present to register the child.  If the child was born out of wedlock, both parents must be present at the time of registration. Registrations of birth are free if done within 30 days of the birth.   Registrations made after 30 days of the birth are considered late registrations, but if made before the person turns 18 years old, they have no cost. For late registrations made after the person turns 18 years old, the cost is $2.00 at the CRCG and $5.00 at the National Civil Registry."

image.png.e7c8cda2e8fbec5ff7e0c84eb840bb1b.png

I am having a dilema, we found the document from the actual books, but since my dad was born in the 40's, they didn't have the "“Inscripción de Nacimiento” on top of the page. I asked my attorney and she said USCIS will follow the instructions per the state.gov page. But the graphic above is for new certificates. Is there someone here that knows if they are still accepting the older ones????? .... I cannot find anywhere online that information. I only found an article from 2013 with samples similar like my dads. Please advise.

Leah.

• 1 month later...

I can't say for Ecuador but the Philippines contracts for certifies. Used to be NSO, now it's PSA. But when requesting a new certificate, what you get is the original certificate filed at the registrar copied onto the new paper/format, etc.  Perhaps ordering a new one would get the new format? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.