Neesha051187

Got 221g after visa interview. Please help!

32 posts in this topic

Hello friends I got a interview at mumbai on cr1 and right after interview they gave me 221g n I check my online it shows refuse ...

they didn’t ask my any documents or anything They just gave me a letter which I have attached here friends...

can anyone tell me what is going on ...

they gave me my passport back n they gave me a 221g letter which is typed...

thanks good luck to all of you which have a situation like mine 😢😢😢

95DADBCC-D656-4504-A84C-B63328BD0547.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Your case is in Administrative Processing. All cases go through this after the interview. If they haven't told you what else they need from you, then for now all you can do is wait for them to contact you either with a decision or with additional information they need. The "refused" does not mean that your case is closed, the end.

👐

Patience......patience.

3 minutes ago, neca said:

Your case is in Administrative Processing. All cases go through this after the interview. If they haven't told you what else they need from you, then for now all you can do is wait for them to contact you either with a decision or with additional information they need. The "refused" does not mean that your case is closed, the end.

Thanks

Hello there thanks for replying me back so what r the chances for getting approved? Is it normal to get AP? This is my husband second marriage... how long Ap will take? 
🙏🏼 god help me with my situation 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey Neesha don't freeking out i can understand ur situation in AP but good thing is that there are highly chances of approval in AP from india. They just put your case in AP to check something or maybe something they have to done its left before sometimes they do that just for another background check. It can be resolved anywhere from few days to weeks or even months very rare cases are going up to the months so hopefully your will be out from AP soon. You not have to do anything in this AP other than just waiting for approval and keep checking your status on ceac.

Timeline

I can't say what your chances are for approval. Every case goes through AP. The time that it takes varies.

I'm sorry that I can't give you better answers, but the immigration process (as you probably know by now) is anything but direct, fast, easy, etc.

How did the interview go? That's your biggest clue to understanding what lies ahead for you. You said that your passport wasn't taken at the end of the interview, did they give a reason for why they didn't approve you on the spot?

👐

Patience......patience.

12 minutes ago, PSharma2627 said:

Hey Neesha don't freeking out i can understand ur situation in AP but good thing is that there are highly chances of approval in AP from india. They just put your case in AP to check something or maybe something they have to done its left before sometimes they do that just for another background check. It can be resolved anywhere from few days to weeks or even months very rare cases are going up to the months so hopefully your will be out from AP soon. You not have to do anything in this AP other than just waiting for approval and keep checking your status on ceac.

Hello psharma... thanks for replying me back on my form... I understand but it’s very stressful when u get refuse... I’m praying every seconds n couldn’t even sleep thinking of this Ap... it has been almost a one week now nothing changed on ceac... 

13 minutes ago, neca said:

I can't say what your chances are for approval. Every case goes through AP. The time that it takes varies.

I'm sorry that I can't give you better answers, but the immigration process (as you probably know by now) is anything but direct, fast, easy, etc.

How did the interview go? That's your biggest clue to understanding what lies ahead for you. You said that your passport wasn't taken at the end of the interview, did they give a reason for why they didn't approve you on the spot?

Hello neca... my interview was very well because I have a also son of 1 year old.. yeah they didn’t kept my passport n return to me and no they said if we need anything we will contact you n your case we putting in AP... that’s all and they ask about my husband how did he go to usa and I told them he went on cr1 and he got divorce there but everything is genuine... 

😢 why this happening with us when we r genuin ... I have 1 year old son n couldn’t live with my husband because of this 221g... 😞 

Timeline

AP happens to everyone, all you can have right now is patience. As they said to you at the interview, if they need anything they'll contact you. I know it sucks, but at least after this you'll get a decision. You're really close now. Good luck!

👐

Patience......patience.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Neesha in this immigration real couples are mostly struggling don't worry you will be approved I can understand AP can make you both sleepless for nights but that's what time is to support each other and trying to calm down embassy will be working on your case you will hear something soon.

1 hour ago, Neesha051187 said:

Thanks

Hello there thanks for replying me back so what r the chances for getting approved? Is it normal to get AP? This is my husband second marriage... how long Ap will take? 
🙏🏼 god help me with my situation 

It is okay, if they dont approve Immediately status always shows refused. AP can take weeks to months ( just follow other previous Indian filers you will get an idea). If they need clarification they will reach back to you. It doesn't matter whether its first or second marriage. It will.be alright.

6 minutes ago, Siggy said:

It is okay, if they dont approve Immediately status always shows refused. AP can take weeks to months ( just follow other previous Indian filers you will get an idea). If they need clarification they will reach back to you. It doesn't matter whether its first or second marriage. It will.be alright.

Thanks siggy for replying me back but what r the chances in CR1 to get approve after AP? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Neesha051187 said:

that’s all and they ask about my husband how did he go to usa and I told them he went on cr1 and he got divorce there

That could be what triggered the extra administrative processing.  They might be verifying your story .  Hopefully, they will issue your visa soon.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

4 hours ago, Neesha051187 said:

Hello friends I got a interview at mumbai on cr1 and right after interview they gave me 221g n I check my online it shows refuse ...

they didn’t ask my any documents or anything They just gave me a letter which I have attached here friends...

can anyone tell me what is going on ...

they gave me my passport back n they gave me a 221g letter which is typed...

thanks good luck to all of you which have a situation like mine 😢😢😢

95DADBCC-D656-4504-A84C-B63328BD0547.jpeg

Can I ask you how long after his divorce you get married? Is he still a LPR or US citizen? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.