• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
:thumbs: YEAH Doodlebug!!!! Great news!

I just checked Rome's listing for 601 cases and Hicham's is not on it. :crying: I'll just have to wait an send them an email next week...hopefully they will have received it by then.

I am about to DIE to see my husband! AGH

Oh and....MONDAYS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Did you send it return receipt requested? What if you email them?

My husband just asked me if it's absolutely necessary to get air conditioning. :wacko::wacko::wacko: He said the weather is sooooooooooooooooo nice in Alex right now.

The file was sent from Casa Consulate to Rome Consulate, so we did not have a way of requested the return receipt. Rome has been good to respond to my emails. We are almost at the 4 week mark for which they said it takes for Rome to receive the file. I just want to know that it made it there safe and sound.

So...what was your response to your husband? I guess he couldn't hear the look you were giving him??????

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just checked Rome's listing for 601 cases and Hicham's is not on it. :crying: I'll just have to wait an send them an email next week...hopefully they will have received it by then.

Oh and....MONDAYS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

My husband just asked me if it's absolutely necessary to get air conditioning. :wacko::wacko::wacko: He said the weather is sooooooooooooooooo nice in Alex right now.

The file was sent from Casa Consulate to Rome Consulate, so we did not have a way of requested the return receipt. Rome has been good to respond to my emails. We are almost at the 4 week mark for which they said it takes for Rome to receive the file. I just want to know that it made it there safe and sound.

So...what was your response to your husband? I guess he couldn't hear the look you were giving him??????

hahahaha. I actually told him it doesn't matter anymore. Apparently he's having a hard time finding the perfect place. there's tons available just not "the one" so he has to go back tomorrow. I feel bad since he's missing work but at least he gets to be in Alex!!!

That sucks that you don't even know if it got there!!!! 4 weeks? What do they do take it by freakin' donkey ???????? :blink:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Timeline

Wow you guys are sleepers if you sleep until Maghrib.

That's pretty much what I did, too, to not get off my regular sleeping schedule. We went to bed right after Fajr and woke up around 1-2pm. It was still pretty warm when we got up but it cooled down after a couple hours. If you're not getting up until Maghrib then it'll be cool by then. Like I said before, a couple fans would be sufficient.

I plan on sleeping during the day like we did before. We went to bed at fajr and woke up at maghrib. :) His sisters will be there the first two or three days then they're going back and we're staying there. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance:

Timeline
Wow you guys are sleepers if you sleep until Maghrib.

That's pretty much what I did, too, to not get off my regular sleeping schedule. We went to bed right after Fajr and woke up around 1-2pm. It was still pretty warm when we got up but it cooled down after a couple hours. If you're not getting up until Maghrib then it'll be cool by then. Like I said before, a couple fans would be sufficient.

I plan on sleeping during the day like we did before. We went to bed at fajr and woke up at maghrib. :) His sisters will be there the first two or three days then they're going back and we're staying there. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance:

Well it was winter so it was like from about 4am to about 3pm.....yeah I guess we're sleepers! lol. But more like waking up at around 2ish and then being lazy for a couple of hours. :)

I wish I knew how to scuba dive. I saw some pictures of the wreckage of the lighthouse and I so would love to see all that at the bottom of the ocean! Other than the museum, if we're up in time before it closes, what do you suggest to visit?

Cairo still has the June interview schedule up. :angry: Anyone know how often they update it?

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

The citadel is nice but it's quick...not much to see. I'd go see the library. I didn't have a chance but would have loved to see it from the inside. Go shopping in Mahatarram (sp?) and el Manshia (sp?). There are many nice cafes and "night clubs" across from the sea. Take a tour of Abu el Abbas el Mursi mosque http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/abbasmursimosque.htm. Go there with your SILs since part of the tour will be in the woman's section. That mosque is near el Manshia so you can go shopping afterwards. Sit in front of the sea in Montaza. It's beautiful. Moh says there's a jewelry museum in Alex but we didn't go.

Alex is beautiful and cleaner than Cairo but unfortunately there isn't as much to do there.

ETA...you can email the embassy to request that they update the schedule. I've done it and they did update it within a couple days.

Edited by moody

Timeline

hahahaha. I actually told him it doesn't matter anymore. Apparently he's having a hard time finding the perfect place. there's tons available just not "the one" so he has to go back tomorrow. I feel bad since he's missing work but at least he gets to be in Alex!!!

That sucks that you don't even know if it got there!!!! 4 weeks? What do they do take it by freakin' donkey ???????? :blink:

It must be a slow-a$$ donkey too!!!! We would GLADLY have paid the overnight shipping fee!!!

The citadel is nice but it's quick...not much to see. I'd go see the library. I didn't have a chance but would have loved to see it from the inside. Go shopping in Mahatarram (sp?) and el Manshia (sp?). There are many nice cafes and "night clubs" across from the sea. Take a tour of Abu el Abbas el Mursi mosque http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/abbasmursimosque.htm. Go there with your SILs since part of the tour will be in the woman's section. That mosque is near el Manshia so you can go shopping afterwards. Sit in front of the sea in Montaza. It's beautiful. Moh says there's a jewelry museum in Alex but we didn't go.

Alex is beautiful and cleaner than Cairo but unfortunately there isn't as much to do there.

I agree. There's not much to do except shop, visit cafes, walk, and go to the beach. But, I always feel more free in Alex. There are more females at the outdoor cafes, and it's sooo relaxing there.

The citadel was kind of boring, but the view of the sea is nice. There are a lot of vendors outside. I wanted to see the library, too. But we never got around to it. Like you guys, we stay up until 4 or 5 am and then sleep until early afternoon. You probably will not need A/C. We had one fan, and everyone was nice and comfortable. The breeze feels great, but I took about 2 showers per day because it gives you a sticky feeling after walking around for a couple of hours. I know you will love it though , doodle.

Here are some pics of Alex and the view from the citadel.

Image343.jpg @citadel

Image396.jpg from balcony in Alex

Image399.jpg cafe Alf Lila We Lila aka 1001 Arabian Nights

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Timeline

omg i wanna be at that cafe NOW!!!!!! :crying::crying::crying::crying:

What with all the terror strikes (which my coworkers are convinced are just "warm ups" for the big one), do you guys think a 3 hour layover in Milan is enough time given what will prolly be stricter security checks? Or maybe I won't have to worry since I'm not leaving the airport?

I'm starting to worry. I should start taking the adavan NOW I think. :blink:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

I came back from Egypt last summer right after the fighting in Lebanon started. I had a 2 hr layover in Heathrow and got through just fine. Time was a little tight but I made it (not because of upped security but because Heathrow is so huge). I did get checked more coming back than going but it didn't take much longer. I even got frisked at the airport in Alex. I was the only woman out of Alex who was covered so I was the only woman getting the pat down. Be prepared for profiling.

Edited by moody

Timeline
I came back from Egypt last summer right after the fighting in Lebanon started. I had a 2 hr layover in Heathrow and got through just fine. Time was a little tight but I made it (not because of upped security but because Heathrow is so huge). I did get checked more coming back than going but it didn't take much longer. I even got frisked at the airport in Alex. I was the only woman out of Alex who was covered so I was the only woman getting the pat down. Be prepared for profiling.

nah that sucker comes off the minute I get through the ticket counter. lol. I wore it in Heathrow and I've never been stared at like that in my whole life!!!!

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

The only place where security seemed to really be tight when I've traveled is through Frankfurt airport. That place is a NIGHTMARE. If you aren't leaving the airport, I would think 3 hours should be enough for you to get from one gate to the other. And typically, I haven't had too many hold ups going...coming back is a different story.

Monnik - I swear you are going to put my eyes out with those pics of the Rock. Can't you cover those up, or something?!?! :blush: lol

Timeline

What is the rock? :unsure:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.