Sarge2155

April 2021 - AOS Filers

186 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
21 hours ago, Hassan Raza said:

Hey guys, my AOS package with all the forms arrived 4/6, and it's not 5/25 and still nothing. No texts and my credit card wasn't charged yet. Starting to worry a bit, but a lot of people are saying to wait 4-8 weeks, and some say it can take up to 90 days. But most of you guys are receiving texts within about 3-5 weeks or so.

Try calling USCIS. Or maybe they are sending your package back so you can fix a particular error and then resend it. That’s usually the case when you don’t hear anything from them, including not having checks cashed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Is it normal that we received all of the NOA1 text messages, but never received a receipt in the mail for the I-485? We have the receipt number, got the text message, but never the mailing. Do you think it was lost in the mail? Or does it just take a while for that one? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
14 minutes ago, XenophiliusPDX said:

Is it normal that we received all of the NOA1 text messages, but never received a receipt in the mail for the I-485? We have the receipt number, got the text message, but never the mailing. Do you think it was lost in the mail? Or does it just take a while for that one? 

We got all of our paper NOA1's on the same day. Maybe it got misplaced and will come another day??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Gloriousruins said:

Try calling USCIS. Or maybe they are sending your package back so you can fix a particular error and then resend it. That’s usually the case when you don’t hear anything from them, including not having checks cashed.

HI, I did call them. They said I have to wait 60 days until I can call them to figure out what's going on. So about another week I have to wait. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey Fellow AOS-filers 

Our application was received on April 23 and fingerprint fee accepted on May 13th. The notices (text) received on May 16th and May 22nd (paper). I was wondering a few things and wanted to see what other people thought:

1. I see the really long processing times for the I485 form, but do you think we may have a different processing period since we are applying through the K1 line?

2. The EAD approval time frame is currently showing August/September (on the Lawfully app), does anyone have experience with starting job applications now and letting the employer know that EAD expected. 

3. We have an appointment to get social security number soon, what documents did you take for that? Also, since we don't have an EAD will they change the SSN after EAD is issued? A little confused about how that works. 

Hoping everyone here gets their interviews and approvals sooner rather than later! 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
20 minutes ago, f4ancyfl4mingo said:

Not me, anyone else?

Nope. And the spouse is getting really anxious. I’m sure we’re all in a similar way, but I have to work and leave the house all day and without being able to work or drive, he feels trapped at home and bored out of his mind. This part of the process in particular I wish was expedited so much more. LPR interview could be pushed out months further and EAD approved in 8 weeks and I think this would all be less frustrating. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We got the notification for Biometrics Appointment on 07/07/2021.

Things are moving in the right direction.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 6/21/2021 at 3:08 PM, kswheezy said:

We got an RFE for a document we sent in with the original submission 🙄😩 back to the post office...

we got an rfe too. I havent received the letter yet but about how long did it take to arrive?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
3 minutes ago, iwannabeskinny said:

we got an rfe too. I havent received the letter yet but about how long did it take to arrive?

It was 5 days (including the weekend) from the time I saw the notification on the app we follow our cases on.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.