J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Xiaova said:

Here are the mid day updates:

69500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
71000: 2 Approvals (0 new / 2 in progress)
73000: 2 Approvals (0 new / 2 in progress)
73500: 6 Approvals (5 new / 1 in progress)
74000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
74500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
75000: 5 Approvals (2 new / 3 in progress)
76000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
77000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
77500: 3 Approvals (2 new / 1 in progress)
78000: 5 Approvals, 1 Withdrawal (6 new / 0 in progress)
78500: 4 Approvals (4 new / 0 in progress)
79000: 4 Approvals (4 new / 0 in progress)
79500: 1 RFES (1 new / 0 in progress)
80000: 3 Approvals (3 new / 0 in progress)
05/20/22: 41 Total Updates: 39 Approvals, 1 RFESs, and 1 Withdrawal

Nice to see the high amount of approvals versus RFEs and also people here getting approvals the last few days. Gives me some hope 🙏

Only my group which is 76500 range has not been touched the whole week 🥲  what is going on 😭 it’d be easier if I know maybe the person in charge for the group is on holiday or sth lol

but at least they are processing a lot of april. Fingers crossed🤞

thank you for the updates! Keeping me sane during these times and the data is so addicting lol

6 hours ago, E & E said:

Only my group which is 76500 range has not been touched the whole week 🥲  what is going on 😭 it’d be easier if I know maybe the person in charge for the group is on holiday or sth lol

but at least they are processing a lot of april. Fingers crossed🤞

thank you for the updates! Keeping me sane during these times and the data is so addicting lol

Yep, it's on to hoping for something next week 🤞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
29 minutes ago, TxDallas said:

im looking into filling out the I-134, just so i have it ready whenever i get approved, the new version seems pretty complicated

I was thinking this too. It has a big section for the beneficiary.. does this mean we can put our own savings/investments as a means for support?!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
6 hours ago, Edward&Lily said:

I was thinking this too. It has a big section for the beneficiary.. does this mean we can put our own savings/investments as a means for support?!

im confused, even the first question .... 1. I am filing this form on behalf of: Myself as the beneficiary.  2 Another individual who is the beneficiary.  what the heck is that, im the sponsor .... and signing says beneficiary I dont see for the sponsor to sign..... and questions mostly are for the beneficiary, unlike the old version.... I dont get it.... for e second i thought i had a wrong form..... 

15 hours ago, Edward&Lily said:

As far as I am aware London allows you to self sponsor and was the route I am intending to take. I think all you need to do is prove to the officer that you won't be a public charge, so significant liquid assets should help demonstrate that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, Nylar said:

As far as I am aware London allows you to self sponsor and was the route I am intending to take. I think all you need to do is prove to the officer that you won't be a public charge, so significant liquid assets should help demonstrate that.

Are you London embassy too? As the beneficiary our income would be $0 as we wouldn’t be able to work in the US until we get our work permit. But I’m guessing I can put down what I have in my savings? And then still use funds from my fiancé, the petitioner! Very confusing but just going to have as much evidence of funds on there i guess

2 hours ago, Edward&Lily said:

Are you London embassy too? As the beneficiary our income would be $0 as we wouldn’t be able to work in the US until we get our work permit. But I’m guessing I can put down what I have in my savings? And then still use funds from my fiancé, the petitioner! Very confusing but just going to have as much evidence of funds on there i guess

Yep London embassy too. From my understanding of the Required Documents page, the I-134 isn't strictly required and you can use proof of liquid assets in place of it. My plan was to get a statement from my bank to show how much I have in my savings and declare to the officer I wish to self sponsor.

K and Diversity visa applicants are not required to provide an I-864 Form.  However, they must show evidence that they are not likely to become public charges while in the United States. There is no set for that this evidence must take but use of the form I-134 is an efficient way to provide this information to the Consular Officer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.