J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Merica-n said:

Sorry, hope I haven't offended you.  I'm not sure what hshdhd means.  This K1 process is just hell and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  I made a huge mistake.  I should never have let my fiancee leave the country.  This process sucks.

Its just a keyspam, because I couldn't find the right word but like uh misunderstood maybe?

Canada - usa is often misunderstood

I do hope you and your fiancee have a speedy rest of the process ❤️ definitely hasnt been easy for anyone

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

the following chart isn’t mine - someone uploaded in the April 2021 Filers group on Facebook. I’m hoping month 13 for us April filers will see a whole load more of approvals. It’s shocking how bad it is. Truly heartbroken and just want to be with my love ❤️😔

image.jpeg

Edited by Edward&Lily

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Just want to put this in perspective,  my best friend is Indian and got his Master's degree here in the 2000's.  He applied for a green card like 15 years ago and he will likely get it in the next decade if he can maintain sponsored employment for that long.

Currently they only issue about 10,000 green cards per year to Indian citizens and 1 million Indian citizens have applied, so they estimate that if you apply today, it will take them about 80 years to process your green card as a good percentage will be withdrawn.

At least we don't have to wait decades for our application to be approved.  Could you imagine, hiring a lawyer, applying and not knowing if you'll live long enough to for your visa to ever be approved?

https://tulanehullabaloo.com/57051/intersections/opinion-lifetime-wait-for-indian-green-card/

1 hour ago, BH&JK said:

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster! Thanks to this group for keeping me and my fiancé sane during this whole ordeal. My fiancé and I were convinced we’d get an RFE because we used DocuSign on the statements of intent instead of signatures, but I woke up this morning to and saw we just got approved!!! 🥳 we filed April 9th. I’ve updated our timeline. May everyone else waiting get approved ASAP! 

Congratulations 🎉 every approval I see in this chat gives me a hope 🙏

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
22 hours ago, Edward&Lily said:

the following chart isn’t mine - someone uploaded in the April 2021 Filers group on Facebook. I’m hoping month 13 for us April filers will see a whole load more of approvals. It’s shocking how bad it is. Truly heartbroken and just want to be with my love ❤️😔

image.jpeg

Oh, it’s mine, haha. It’s also one of the tabs on the April spreadsheet. I’ll update it on May 1st. We’ve had almost 500 this month with 1 week to go. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, CJPinEcuador said:

Oh, it’s mine, haha. It’s also one of the tabs on the April spreadsheet. I’ll update it on May 1st. We’ve had almost 500 this month with 1 week to go. 

Thanks so much for doing this !! That’s good to hear ❤️ Hopefully it will just keep trending up and up from here then!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 15/04/2022 at 15:08, Kasra said:

Meu número está no início de 72300s. Não sei quanto tempo mais terei que esperar. Vai ser 375 dias desde a minha aplicação.  

mine is 76 thousand I'm already 371 scared to death because at any moment they can increase the time I've been through it 4 times and it's desperate 

26 minutes ago, Isabelle&Edward said:

mine is 76 thousand I'm already 371 scared to death because at any moment they can increase the time I've been through it 4 times and it's desperate 

So I have this theory. Let me see if anyone else knows for sure. There's the historical processing times page: 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/historic-pt 

They update this page each month to include another month of data. My theory is, they update processing times when they update the historic processing times page. They finally updated it to include March on Friday, and our processing timeline did not change. I have a strong feeling they will hang on to the 10-13months for another month. I think if they can move faster in May, they can maintain the 10-13 months. But if they continue at the same rate of about 350-ish cases per week, they will fall behind this timeline soon and probably push to 14 months.  However, I'm still hoping they are really training new officers so they can at least maintain the 13 months and not fall behind anymore. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Optimist19 said:

So I have this theory. Let me see if anyone else knows for sure. There's the historical processing times page: 

They update this page each month to include another month of data. My theory is, they update processing times when they update the historic processing times page. They finally updated it to include March on Friday, and our processing timeline did not change. I have a strong feeling they will hang on to the 10-13months for another month. I think if they can move faster in May, they can maintain the 10-13 months. But if they continue at the same rate of about 350-ish cases per week, they will fall behind this timeline soon and probably push to 14 months.  However, I'm still hoping they are really training new officers so they can at least maintain the 13 months and not fall behind anymore. 

I think they will increase t he number of cases they do in May I really do :D let’s all try and stay positive people, I know it’s sooo hard believe me, I have more bad days than good at the moment that’s for sure. But they will get to our cases and soon, I’m sure of it. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Edited by Edward&Lily

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Optimist19 said:

I have the same theory. They usually update both around the same time, so they might be linked to each other. We changed from 10 to 10.1 months so hopefully they won't push us back even more with such a small change, but it also isn't very accurate (most of us are actually 12-13 months+). But, they are also moving slow enough that in the next week or two they will be getting a ton of inquiries if they don't get it together, so we'll have to see if that doesn't kick off something in their system. Hopefully not. We've all been waiting so long we should at least hear something about our cases. I was able to get one in on Christmas day before they pushed it back several times. I can't believe it's now 4 months later and we are still hanging out in limbo together. A nightmare for us and especially the filers after us (shout out to May and June filers who I'm sure are hoping everyday to see better numbers in our chart)

15 minutes ago, CJPinEcuador said:

I have the same theory. They usually update both around the same time, so they might be linked to each other. We changed from 10 to 10.1 months so hopefully they won't push us back even more with such a small change, but it also isn't very accurate (most of us are actually 12-13 months+). But, they are also moving slow enough that in the next week or two they will be getting a ton of inquiries if they don't get it together, so we'll have to see if that doesn't kick off something in their system. Hopefully not. We've all been waiting so long we should at least hear something about our cases. I was able to get one in on Christmas day before they pushed it back several times. I can't believe it's now 4 months later and we are still hanging out in limbo together. A nightmare for us and especially the filers after us (shout out to May and June filers who I'm sure are hoping everyday to see better numbers in our chart)

I’m glad someone else thinks the same! I noticed the 10.1. Super inaccurate as you said. Since they’re taking the median through March 31, 2022, they must have picked up a median in the “better” days. 

I think they’ll keep up until they hit mid-April inquiry date then they will fall behind and get too many inquiries. I am a late June filer and it’s miserable. At least 13 months happened for most March filers and maybe half of April filers. Not that 13 months is reasonable at all. I’m worried it will be 16+ months by the time they reach the June filers. And June filers are only 2 months away from April filers. We’re so close! I told my fiancé when we filed that he’ll probably be here by June 2022 based on old timelines 😔 I’m still holding on to the hope that they’ll pick things up! 

Edited by Optimist19

Timeline
On 4/17/2022 at 10:15 PM, CJPinEcuador said:

WEEKLY CHART UPDATE 04/17: 

Approval changes this week: +130

RFE changes this week: +34

2700+ Other Action aka "waiting and others"

TOTAL NEW CHANGES (approval or RFE) 164

April Chart link, updated nightly: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USXTWEww37JnWiCxW6ftP1UZjE6fKU2gn2Mk4OSVGLw/edit?usp=sharing

WEEKLY CHART UPDATE 04/23: 

Approval changes this week: +99

RFE changes this week: +40

TOTAL NEW CHANGES (approval or RFE) : 139

2500+ Other Action aka "waiting and others"

960+ Who have heard back (either approval or RFE)

Less movement than the past two weeks. Get your typing fingers ready, if they don't change the timeframe then we are a few days away from being able to put in inquiries (the earliest April filers, inquiry date currently March 29th). March still has less than 300 waiting to hear back as well as those in March with RFEs (they are still actively working on March as well as us). So far they have done about 500 April cases in our "12th month waiting" and it appears most of us won't hear back until we are in month 13 or past. Hopefully this upcoming week will be kind to us. 

April Chart link, updated nightly: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USXTWEww37JnWiCxW6ftP1UZjE6fKU2gn2Mk4OSVGLw/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by CJPinEcuador

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.