J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Merica-n said:

I'm really shocked Canadian's apply for this visa category, Rea and Southbound.  Can't you just walk, drive or fly across the border visa free?

Yeah but if you werent aware the k1 is an immigration visa, not a tourist. if you're using it for tourism, youve signed up for the wrong visa. We use it to live with our partners. 

I would rather not spend the rest of our relationship only visiting for a few weeks at a time.

Edited by MissLadyRea

Timeline
1 hour ago, SouthBound2022 said:

Now I'm worried because of the ridiculous amount our lawyers made us send in

I looked once again at our application last night, and literally half of the 230 pages... is blank pages that just say "exhibit A" "exhibit B" ... etc. For each item we sent in. 

So now I'm scared they won't approve us because its way way too long 🤷‍♀️ tomorrow marks 365 days of waiting.... maybe this is why?!

My waiting was 367 days, I saw someone on reddit previously discussing their job at uscis and mentioned though they can put off a petition on the side of their desk, they cannot just not do it indefinitely.

So I can see that causing a small delay but based off what ive seen people say on those anon uscis forms, itd doubt yours will be just not touched 

I think theyre just not processing very fast in general and so they cant keep up, so people keep waiting longer longer and longer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, SouthBound2022 said:

We can stay in the US for 6 months at a time as a tourist/visitor but to just stay and go get married... not a chance. 

3 minutes ago, MissLadyRea said:

I would rather not spend the rest of our relationship only visiting for a few weeks at a time.

My Canadian friend has this nafta visa where all he needed was a job offer letter and no USCIS.  Apparently, it's reciprocal and I could do the same thing to work in Canada.

Anyways, I have to post this:  

2 minutes ago, MissLadyRea said:

My waiting was 367 days, I saw someone on reddit previously discussing their job at uscis and mentioned though they can put off a petition on the side of their desk, they cannot just not do it indefinitely.

So I can see that causing a small delay but based off what ive seen people say on those anon uscis forms, itd doubt yours will be just not touched 

I think theyre just not processing very fast in general and so they cant keep up, so people keep waiting longer longer and longer

367 days would have us approved on my Fiance's birthday, on Monday. 

I wish, but I feel like maybe we should have a plan B of how to just go through life as is if they don't ever put this through.. or for whatever reason don't approve us. (We clearly have more than enough to qualify but who knows with these jerks, I'm so tired of them not giving AF how they're affecting people's lives)

Timeline
1 minute ago, Merica-n said:

My Canadian friend has this nafta visa where all he needed was a job offer letter and no USCIS.  Apparently, it's reciprocal and I could do the same thing to work in Canada.

Okay cool but if you took the time to read the requirements for NAFTA or TN you would see that there is a profession list. 

I do not qualify. So.. whats the next logical step... k1.

3 minutes ago, Merica-n said:

That falls under NAFTA and TN visa and is dependant on the type of work etc. It's not like just anyone can pick up and move once they get any old job in the US. Trust me, we weighed every option and contacted several lawyers on both sides of the border a couple years ago.... 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, SouthBound2022 said:

That falls under NAFTA and TN visa and is dependant on the type of work etc. It's not like just anyone can pick up and move once they get any old job in the US. Trust me, we weighed every option and contacted several lawyers on both sides of the border a couple years ago.... 

I knew right away id never qualify, I work part time at an adult store xD

professional Work in a specific field? yeah couldnt be me

second time in this forum that someones just hshdhd about Canada

weird because I don't experience these kinda claims in any immigration Facebook im in or the multiple long distance discords so really wasnt expecting it from here

I knew right away id never qualify, I work part time at an adult store xD

professional Work in a specific field? yeah couldnt be me

second time in this forum that someones just hshdhd about Canada

weird because I don't experience these kinda claims in any immigration Facebook im in or the multiple long distance discords so really wasnt expecting it from here

I've owned and operated my own horse farm for over a decade with 30+ years in the horse industry. I did business management professionally, and now between the kids and farm I also work at a small store. Makes so I dont qualify either  

I've seen a LOT of comments of "why don't you just drive down cause you're canadian" I think a lot of times, people that are further away have the idea that its just that simple because we "can" physically drive there, and because there's so much BS about "sister countries" "neighbours" etc so it gives off the idea that its all the same when its not. (Which I hate but, can't do anything about it) There's a lot of misinformation I think, out there about how "easy" it is between Canada and US. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, SouthBound2022 said:

I've owned and operated my own horse farm for over a decade with 30+ years in the horse industry. I did business management professionally, and now between the kids and farm I also work at a small store. Makes so I dont qualify either  

I've seen a LOT of comments of "why don't you just drive down cause you're canadian" I think a lot of times, people that are further away have the idea that its just that simple because we "can" physically drive there, and because there's so much BS about "sister countries" "neighbours" etc so it gives off the idea that its all the same when its not. (Which I hate but, can't do anything about it) There's a lot of misinformation I think, out there about how "easy" it is between Canada and US. 

Yeah really all of this. I wish I could just drive down

In person we've only managed to spend 1 month and 2 weeks together total, in the 3 and a half year almost relationship.

but somehow ig were still not long distance and I can move down easy xD /s

Just now, MissLadyRea said:

Yeah really all of this. I wish I could just drive down

In person we've only managed to spend 1 month and 2 weeks together total, in the 3 and a half year almost relationship.

but somehow ig were still not long distance and I can move down easy xD /s

Since Covid hit, we've spent a total of 10 weeks together, since beginning of 2020. Thats like 5 weeks a year on average now. And we're 2300 miles apart, Alberta to Mississippi.... but definitely not long distance enough right 😆🤦‍♀️ We only have seen eachother about every 6-7 months. Its been nearly 4 months already and the next time we see eachother will be whenever we get moved, which is who knows when. I feel like they've just discarded our file in some junk drawer somewhere. FML. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SouthBound2022 said:

Since Covid hit, we've spent a total of 10 weeks together, since beginning of 2020. Thats like 5 weeks a year on average now. And we're 2300 miles apart, Alberta to Mississippi.... but definitely not long distance enough right 😆🤦‍♀️ We only have seen eachother about every 6-7 months. Its been nearly 4 months already and the next time we see eachother will be whenever we get moved, which is who knows when. I feel like they've just discarded our file in some junk drawer somewhere. FML. 

I totally understand that feeling. I got lucky with 367 days seeing a lot of people who have the same noa1 date still waiting, which is weird because I also feel unlucky about the whole extension thing but nothing one can do.

But the waits just awful. I was panicking and reading over the requirements again wondering if we even sent what was needed 

they love creating unnecessary anxiety I guess

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

I totally understand that feeling. I got lucky with 367 days seeing a lot of people who have the same noa1 date still waiting, which is weird because I also feel unlucky about the whole extension thing but nothing one can do.

But the waits just awful. I was panicking and reading over the requirements again wondering if we even sent what was needed 

399 days today since we sent the petition. 393 since they received it. I was never worried about the content, until people started talking about the quantity sent. Wild.

5 minutes ago, MissLadyRea said:

The wait is BS. I can't find one actual valid excuse for the garbage they're pulling. Hire more staff. Send some over to the Vermont office or wherever, like I don't care just do something. This is inhumane. They won't let us pay for expedites/premium processing, yet they will for other visa types, they won't answer questions, there's no rhyme or reason so its not in sequence where they can say like "there are x number cases ahead of you" its all over the place. All I know is, if I did my job as inefficiently as they do there's.... I wouldn't have a job. 

30 minutes ago, SouthBound2022 said:

The wait is BS. I can't find one actual valid excuse for the garbage they're pulling. Hire more staff. Send some over to the Vermont office or wherever, like I don't care just do something. This is inhumane. They won't let us pay for expedites/premium processing, yet they will for other visa types, they won't answer questions, there's no rhyme or reason so its not in sequence where they can say like "there are x number cases ahead of you" its all over the place. All I know is, if I did my job as inefficiently as they do there's.... I wouldn't have a job. 

One year anniversary 365 day 😔

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

28 minutes ago, MissLadyRea said:

second time in this forum that someones just hshdhd about Canada.  weird because I don't experience these kinda claims in any immigration Facebook im in or the multiple long distance discords so really wasnt expecting it from here

Sorry, hope I haven't offended you.  I'm not sure what hshdhd means.  This K1 process is just hell and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  I made a huge mistake.  I should never have let my fiancee leave the country.  This process sucks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.