J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
1 hour ago, SA21 said:

I guess the only 'advantage' we will have making it through to May is that we'll be able to submit an enquiry for case outside of processing time? That said, it seems like cases dated 12th/13th April are slowly hearing back which makes me think we may not be too far off? Really hoping we have something by mid May. Does anyone have any update on how things are processing at NVC?

Unfortunately, if they are unable to speed up the processing time, it is most likely they will increase it, otherwise they will be swamped with inquiries.

I was expecting it to happen last week or so, but they didn't, which gave me a little hope. However, if this keeps going at this pace, it will be unavoidable. So my suggestion is to send it as soon as you are able. Not that it helps a lot, as the information is insufficient and wildly inaccurate.

1 hour ago, wenweichang said:

Well 2624 is other action and untouched cases combined, so you can probably deduct those cases classified under other action :) im in 76000 group, so that leaves 1000+ cases lining ahead of me. I hope this makes you feel better. And we had more than 80 cases touched on one day April 11, don’t lose hope and stay strong. We are all in this together. 

By my experience of 5 months tracking the March cases, other actions, such as name, date of birth updates, expedite request denied are largely "untouched" cases.

I'm a March 26th filer. Today should be the day I'm allowed to (again) send an inquiry, after 2 processing times changes, however, the system is still doesn't allow. In 5 days we'll be 13 months waiting. It is insane.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
2 hours ago, Fil&Em said:

Unfortunately, if they are unable to speed up the processing time, it is most likely they will increase it, otherwise they will be swamped with inquiries.

If the estimated processing date is indeed automatic as I suspect it is (subject to 'updates' every so often), I'm not entirely sure we will see it adjust. If the expedites factor into the equation, the overall average for I-129F must be really misleading. After all, last week both early 2022 and March 2021 filers were getting approved! And there's not just a few expedites that are outliers; I'd assume a substantial portion of USCIS' approvals last month were expedites. We see it ourselves with the daily processing, as soon as eligibility increased there was a notable slowdown in March/April.

Edited by slavaskii

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

3 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

If the estimated processing date is indeed automatic as I suspect it is (subject to 'updates' every so often), I'm not entirely sure we will see it adjust. If the expedites factor into the equation, the overall average for I-129F must be really misleading. After all, last week both early 2022 and March 2021 filers were getting approved! And there's not just a few expedites that are outliers; I'd assume a substantial portion of USCIS' approvals last month were expedites. We see it ourselves with the daily processing, as soon as eligibility increased there was a notable slowdown in March/April.

So guys ..when we can be sure they won’t be back on March, when they start on April 1 or some other date 😒

Edited by Amelme

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Amelme said:

So guys ..when we can be sure they won’t be back on March, when they start on April 1 or some other date 😒

In truth, they won't ever 'abandon' March. There are, after all, still cases from January 2021 outstanding from my last check. USCIS will shift the vast majority of their focus to a new month when approximately 90% of the previous gets done; now that we've hit that with March, it's unsurprising that April is approaching (and sometimes surpasses) March's cases/day.

I recall that when February 2021 filers had less than 300 left, they starting picking up March 2021 in full swing. We're about that time now, and I think the recent numbers reflect that April is becoming priority.  

Edited by slavaskii

Timeline
6 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

In truth, they won't ever 'abandon' March. There are, after all, still cases from January 2021 outstanding from my last check. USCIS will shift the vast majority of their focus to a new month when approximately 90% of the previous gets done; now that we've hit that with March, it's unsurprising that April is approaching (and sometimes surpasses) March's cases/day.

I recall that when February 2021 filers had less than 300 left, they starting picking up March 2021 in full swing. We're about that time now, and I think the recent numbers reflect that April is becoming priority.  

The thing is they aren’t really working in April either. 20 cases a day is a joke! And I haven’t seen anyone approved today in April. They just don’t care about the fiancé visa it seems 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Charlotte070 said:

The thing is they aren’t really working in April either. 20 cases a day is a joke! And I haven’t seen anyone approved today in April. They just don’t care about the fiancé visa it seems 

I wonder how it is possible that with all this extra funding, they didnt get before, their performance is just getting weaker and weaker? It is like they want people to withdraw the K1 and file spousal, so they can collect the fees twice. Where is all the funding going? We paid the service and we dont get anything back? It is like a huge scam.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 minute ago, Em&Jen said:

I wonder how it is possible that with all this extra funding, they didnt get before, their performance is just getting weaker and weaker? It is like they want people to withdraw the K1 and file spousal, so they can collect the fees twice. Where is all the funding going? We paid the service and we dont get anything back? It is like a huge scam.

Honestly, I lost trust in the institution.  

But it's just too late for us to withdraw and start all over again.  It's just unreal how incompetent they are.  It's very very very very frustrating, but, what can we do?  

I said this before, but I joked my fiancé maybe if I can give him a ticket to Mexico, there's a much bigger chance that he will be here sooner.  Just very frustrating really. 🙄😒😡

Timeline
3 hours ago, slavaskii said:

Yes. True if both the premise it is atomatic and the expedites are factored in are correct. Factoring expedites, as you say, is extremely misleading. Both for us, and for USCIS officers that if it is reduced may be swamped by even more inquiries.

3 hours ago, slavaskii said:

The fustrating part is that, since I'm a late March filer, I saw them moving, or starting somehow with March when my group and the group after were both with over 70% cases untouched, and those were large groups. If this is their modus operandi, if I ever have someone that I know that will be filing for this process, I will recommend them to have their case received earlier in the month, by either sending it in the last few days of the month, or first couple of days, since last groups of the month seem to be neglected in favour of the group after.

1 hour ago, Em&Jen said:

Worst is, that they take 12-15 Minutes to process the K1 Case. How high are the overhead costs, if $535 is not enough to cover orderly processing??? Even if they take 30 minutes per K1 case, that is over $1070 per hour. How are they this incompetent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
49 minutes ago, DSBeijing said:

Worst is, that they take 12-15 Minutes to process the K1 Case. How high are the overhead costs, if $535 is not enough to cover orderly processing??? Even if they take 30 minutes per K1 case, that is over $1070 per hour. How are they this incompetent.

I think this is just the interview time at the foreign consulate.

My application was many pages, they have to read it.  They have to complete background checks on myself and my fiancee and validate that everything is correct and in good order, and ship it between different centers.  Mail out two letters to me.  Mail out a packet to my fiance.  No way they can do all that in 12-15 minutes or half an hour.

Edited by Merica-n

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Merica-n said:

I think this is just the interview time at the foreign consulate.

My application was many pages, they have to read it.  They have to complete background checks on myself and my fiancee and validate that everything is correct and in good order, and ship it between different centers.  Mail out two letters to me.  Mail out a packet to my fiance.  No way they can do all that in 12-15 minutes or half an hour.

I've also been skeptical about the 15 minute timeframe. Of course, a lot of the system is automated (the officer themselves isn't sending out the letter), but as you said, people routinely send 50+ page packets which require not only reading, but scanning into the computer. If someone dumps 100 pages of call logs and love letters, the adjudicator might as well order a pizza while standing next to the copier. 

The real way to speed up I-129F is to make us be able to send the packet electronically, just as it is for I-130. RFEs should have an extremely quick turnaround, too; the amount of cases looked at twice is quite substantial. The RFE should, ideally, be transmitted over email, allowing the Petitioner to immediately upload the required evidence into the cabinet that night. 

Nonetheless, my solutions are neither here-nor-there. I just doubt the I-129F takes that little time to go through, because once the adjudicator needs to issue an RFE, there's most certainly an added 5-10 minutes tacked on. Perhaps it takes 10-15 minutes to get through a perfect case. But, alas, the I-129F is largely DIY and lacks a set outline.

Edited by slavaskii

33 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

I've also been skeptical about the 15 minute timeframe. Of course, a lot of the system is automated (the officer themselves isn't sending out the letter), but as you said, people routinely send 50+ page packets which require not only reading, but scanning into the computer. If someone dumps 100 pages of call logs and love letters, the adjudicator might as well order a pizza while standing next to the copier. 

The real way to speed up I-129F is to make us be able to send the packet electronically, just as it is for I-130. RFEs should have an extremely quick turnaround, too; the amount of cases looked at twice is quite substantial. The RFE should, ideally, be transmitted over email, allowing the Petitioner to immediately upload the required evidence into the cabinet that night. 

Nonetheless, my solutions are neither here-nor-there. I just doubt the I-129F takes that little time to go through, because once the adjudicator needs to issue an RFE, there's most certainly an added 5-10 minutes tacked on. Perhaps it takes 10-15 minutes to get through a perfect case. But, alas, the I-129F is largely DIY and lacks a set outline.

50 pages.... our lawyers that we hired asked us for SO much stuff its over 230 pages. Texts, calls, letters, receipts flights, photos, like literally everything but the kitchen sink!!  I've been wondering if that's why they haven't touched ours.... no one wants to read through so much S***. 🤷‍♀️

44 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

Well I was off it takes 40 Minutes to process 129f. 

This is according to USCIS:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2019/11/14/2019-24366/us-citizenship-and-immigration-services-fee-schedule-and-changes-to-certain-other-immigration

Just scroll down to "2.Completion Rates" there you can see average times im hours to process one Case. 

Figurs are from 2019, but this should have not changed substantially. 

Screenshot_2022-04-22-09-45-09-71_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Timeline
7 minutes ago, DSBeijing said:

Well I was off it takes 40 Minutes to process 129f. 

This is according to USCIS:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2019/11/14/2019-24366/us-citizenship-and-immigration-services-fee-schedule-and-changes-to-certain-other-immigration

Just scroll down to "2.Completion Rates" there you can see average times im hours to process one Case. 

Figurs are from 2019, but this should have not changed substantially. 

Screenshot_2022-04-22-09-45-09-71_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Ok. This makes me somewhat sick.

I know that there is probably additional tasks that they are responsible, with or without relation to the petition, but knowing it takes so little and they cannot take care of this ever growing problem does make me sick.

EDIT: However, this tells me how much time they spend on average on petitions. I'd be curious to know the lead time, i.e. how long, on optimal and average situation, they take to complete it from start to finish (there could be waiting time for other automated tasks, etc..)-

Edited by Fil&Em

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.