J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, 4thntr said:

hi, can you please tell us what the rfe is for?

I apologize we got the alert that they are sending us an RFE, is there a way to check online exactly what they are looking for?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, L & U said:

I apologize we got the alert that they are sending us an RFE, is there a way to check online exactly what they are looking for?

i hope someone else can answer your q. based on the information i see in the forums, i think you have to wait for the mail. it must be something silly. tell us when you get the mail. wish you best!

Timeline
27 minutes ago, 4thntr said:

i hope someone else can answer your q. based on the information i see in the forums, i think you have to wait for the mail. it must be something silly. tell us when you get the mail. wish you best!

I will, thank you so much. You too 😁

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Xiaova said:

Another fairly slow day for April 2021 fliers. I feel like they shifted their focus on finishing up on March.

69000: 2 Approvals
71000: 8 Approvals, 4 RFEs
71500: 1 Approval, 2 RFEs
72000: 2 Approvals, 1 RFE
72500: 1 RFE
73000: 1 Approval, 5 RFEs
76500: 1 Expedite Denied
04/20/22: 28 Total Updates: 14 Approvals, 13 RFEs, and 1 Expedite

Of the updates 25 were from untouched cases (Case Received) and 3 were in progress.

March (37) + April (28) = 65 Total updates.

At this horrible rate it could take another 4 months to get through April. My fear is what happened in March where it took nearly 5 months and it’s still not done. I’ve lost all my hope 

3 hours ago, L & U said:

You can’t do that. I was desperately hoping there would be a way to see it online. Even tried calling USCIS, apparently they will only send it after two weeks via e-mail if you don’t end up getting physical copy 😒

You have to wait for the physical mail. Most people get it in 4 days once the website updates. 

Should be something small! Good luck! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
6 hours ago, L & U said:

You need to recieve their mail, it takes 5 days for my case.
What kind of RFE did you get? Initial evidence or additional evidence?

if that is the request for initial evidence, dont worry.

Edited by Lương Yến Hồng

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My math may be wrong here 🙈 but let’s just say they do 40 total case approvals per day from now on and that’s pushing it (going off this weeks numbers). According to the April excel sheet, there are still 2,624 cases left that have been untouched.  

2,624 / 40 approvals per day = 65.6 days. Break that down into working weeks / 5 days = that’s 13.12 weeks to finish April. 

At this point I’m thinking they won’t finish April until end of July/beginning of August. 

Like many of you have said I am starting to lose hope :( but we can’t, we just have to stay strong as there is nothing else we can do. To avoid disappointment and further heartache, in my mind I am going to start telling myself an approval may not come until June/July time. I’m feeling worse now about it since we are actually in the so-called ‘April Processing Time’ and I’m just hoping and praying everyday to get approved, only to be disappointed. I would rather be realistic than hoping every single day that it may be us, only to be disheartened every time I check the case checker app. 😔

Timeline
6 hours ago, Lương Yến Hồng said:

You need to recieve their mail, it takes 5 days for my case.
What kind of RFE did you get? Initial evidence or additional evidence?

if that is the request for initial evidence, dont worry.

I believe it’s additional evidence, it’s been a year since we applied for the K1. We have been together 4 times though, and about to be 5 so I have lots of evidence :)

Timeline
3 hours ago, Edward&Lily said:

My math may be wrong here 🙈 but let’s just say they do 40 total case approvals per day from now on and that’s pushing it (going off this weeks numbers). According to the April excel sheet, there are still 2,624 cases left that have been untouched.  

2,624 / 40 approvals per day = 65.6 days. Break that down into working weeks / 5 days = that’s 13.12 weeks to finish April. 

At this point I’m thinking they won’t finish April until end of July/beginning of August. 

Like many of you have said I am starting to lose hope :( but we can’t, we just have to stay strong as there is nothing else we can do. To avoid disappointment and further heartache, in my mind I am going to start telling myself an approval may not come until June/July time. I’m feeling worse now about it since we are actually in the so-called ‘April Processing Time’ and I’m just hoping and praying everyday to get approved, only to be disappointed. I would rather be realistic than hoping every single day that it may be us, only to be disheartened every time I check the case checker app. 😔

It’s psychological torture what they are doing to us. My mental health has plummeted

4 hours ago, Edward&Lily said:

I guess the only 'advantage' we will have making it through to May is that we'll be able to submit an enquiry for case outside of processing time? That said, it seems like cases dated 12th/13th April are slowly hearing back which makes me think we may not be too far off? Really hoping we have something by mid May. Does anyone have any update on how things are processing at NVC?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 minutes ago, SA21 said:

I guess the only 'advantage' we will have making it through to May is that we'll be able to submit an enquiry for case outside of processing time? That said, it seems like cases dated 12th/13th April are slowly hearing back which makes me think we may not be too far off? Really hoping we have something by mid May. Does anyone have any update on how things are processing at NVC?

I sure hope that’s the case. Our case was received April 14th and I could really use a crumb at this point.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
35 minutes ago, wenweichang said:

Well 2624 is other action and untouched cases combined, so you can probably deduct those cases classified under other action :) im in 76000 group, so that leaves 1000+ cases lining ahead of me. I hope this makes you feel better. And we had more than 80 cases touched on one day April 11, don’t lose hope and stay strong. We are all in this together. 

thank you :) Im in the 76500 range (April 19th) and that group hasn't been touched for a while :( 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.