J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Saivarshini said:

Yeah but isn’t it self implied if one mentioned “getting married as soon as beneficiary arrives in the US” 

No. People have different definitions of soon and USCIS wants to be as certain as possible

They specifically want to hear the "within 90 days" part 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

So it seems like processing is happening somewhat in chronological order and not by receipt number band and they're at the beginning of April right now?

I know it's not perfectly aligned, but based on people celebrating approvals on Facebook in the past few days, it seems most of them are April 5-9.

Does this seem correct?

3 hours ago, Merica-n said:

So it seems like processing is happening somewhat in chronological order and not by receipt number band and they're at the beginning of April right now?

I know it's not perfectly aligned, but based on people celebrating approvals on Facebook in the past few days, it seems most of them are April 5-9.

Does this seem correct?

Yeah that’s about right. Most of the approvals the last week were for the first week of April. Some March hare and there but lots of April cases now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, Saivarshini said:

So, it was about intent to marry within 90 days. 

We still aren’t sure why that was asked because we wrote a detailed letter on how we met and how we will get married along with boarding pass, pictures. My guess is we didn’t explicitly state “90 days” but I thought it was self implied. Turns out it’s not. 
So, this time, we wrote a letter again and sent along with pictures and financial support documents. 

It’s strange how a lot of people are getting RFE for various reasons. 

hi, thank you for sharing. y, too many rfes, i asked so i can be prepared.

just a few Qs if you don’t mind… did you both sign the same letter or different letters… first and second time?
how did the beneficiary sign if in different country, did you submit copy?
thank you and wish you get your approval very soon.

12 hours ago, Saivarshini said:

So, it was about intent to marry within 90 days. 

We still aren’t sure why that was asked because we wrote a detailed letter on how we met and how we will get married along with boarding pass, pictures. My guess is we didn’t explicitly state “90 days” but I thought it was self implied. Turns out it’s not. 
So, this time, we wrote a letter again and sent along with pictures and financial support documents. 

It’s strange how a lot of people are getting RFE for various reasons. 

I've been lurking for a year, and this makes me super nervous. We thought we dotted our Is and crossed our Ts. 3 weeks before we sent our documents/app, I had her signed the letter of intent before I came back home. It wasn't until I was back in the states I discovered there was a typo. It was a standard letter, and we said we'd get married within 90 days under k1. But I'm dreading an RFE over that mishap.  

I've traveled consistently, every 4 months or so to see my fiancé. So since last April, its been 3 trips thus far, and I'm heading back next month. Every trip since last April, we've gone ahead an signed a new letter. We're anxious to find out if that affected us.  

Edited by big6domino

Here are the end of day updates:

69000: 1 RFE
70000: 1 Approval, 1 RFE, 2 Others (Duplicate Notice / Notice Explaining USCIS actions)
71000: 6 Approvals, 2 RFEs
71500: 1 Approval
72000: 2 RFEs
72500: 1 Approval, 1 RFE
73000: 5 Approvals
74000: 1 Withdrawal
79000: 1 Withdrawal
81500: 1 Withdrawal

04/19/22: 26 Total Updates: 14 Approvals, 7 RFEs, 3 Withdrawals, and 2 Others

Pretty slow day for April 2021 Fliers. At least March 2021 had total 33 updates for a total 59 updates for both months.

2 hours ago, big6domino said:

I've been lurking for a year, and this makes me super nervous. We thought we dotted our Is and crossed our Ts. 3 weeks before we sent our documents/app, I had her signed the letter of intent before I came back home. It wasn't until I was back in the states I discovered there was a typo. It was a standard letter, and we said we'd get married within 90 days under k1. But I'm dreading an RFE over that mishap.  

I've traveled consistently, every 4 months or so to see my fiancé. So since last April, its been 3 trips thus far, and I'm heading back next month. Every trip since last April, we've gone ahead an signed a new letter. We're anxious to find out if that affected us.  

Relax! It totally depends on the CO looking at your case. Somebody I know personally never included 90 days and got approved without any RFE
So there are chances you might too!

Worst case, if you get RFE, At least you’ll see some movement. Honestly I thought my case was stuck in a black hole. I was glad to see some movement. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I wonder if the amount of RFEs are contributing to the slow April processing times. They would essentially have to look at the application twice (once to send RFE, and once to approve). We've been seeing more RFEs than approvals, so it's like they're taking twice as long to move on.

Timeline
44 minutes ago, centric23 said:

I wonder if the amount of RFEs are contributing to the slow April processing times. They would essentially have to look at the application twice (once to send RFE, and once to approve). We've been seeing more RFEs than approvals, so it's like they're taking twice as long to move on.

I can’t believe the have the audacity to send RFEs when we’ve been waiting over a year due to their own incompetence !!!

7 hours ago, 4thntr said:

hi, thank you for sharing. y, too many rfes, i asked so i can be prepared.

just a few Qs if you don’t mind… did you both sign the same letter or different letters… first and second time?
how did the beneficiary sign if in different country, did you submit copy?
thank you and wish you get your approval very soon.

First time, we wrote separately. Signed electronically though. Forgot to state “90 states” 

Second time, did the same thing but did wet signature (printed and signed). I’m the beneficiary. I scanned and sent. 

I think like somebody else they are looking for explicitly written 90 days on the paper and signed. Then again, it depends on the CO. 

Edited by Saivarshini

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.