J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes probably good not to obsess over the numbers

its too late for me save yourself.. Do not learn to search your batch or you'll be like me doing it every 30 minutes😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
1 hour ago, zedag said:

Use it as a general idea, the exact numbers don't really matter. We'll get our approvals when we get our approvals, you know? I stopped obsessing over the numbers because at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what happens to other cases, it just matters what's happening to ours in particular. Looks like in general they're processing more April cases now than they were in recent weeks which is a good sign for us.

You’re right… I’m trying so hard sometimes to remember not to take these things too seriously but it’s just so hard 😭 given that’s all we can do at this stage. Yes the good thing is everyday is another step closer and nothing we do will change the day they pick up my case. I’m happy I at least found this group or I would’ve driven myself crazy!!! 

also.. it’s too late for me too I already run my group everyday 🤣🤣🤣

Hahahaha I've resisted the urge, I didn't want to figure out how to do it so I just look at the forums and that's it. The best thing we can do is to focus on things that we can control - our health, our jobs, spending time with friends and family, etc. It's not easy but I find that the more I focus on that, the easier it is to accept that I am powerless in this situation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

70000 - 1 Approval 1 RFE

70500 - 1 RFE

71000 - 7 Approvals  1 RFE

71500 - 1 Approval

72000 - 1 Approval 

72500 - 0

73000 - 0

73500 - 0

74000 - 0

74500 - 0

75000 - 0

75500 - 0

76000 - 0

76500 - 0

77000 - 0

77500 - 0

78000 - 0

78500 - 0

79000 - 0

79500 - 1 Approval 

80000 - 0

80500 - 0

81000 - 0

81500 - 0

11 Cases Approved, 3 RFE and  Other. Total of cases 14 touched so far. Hope we get more by the end of the day 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, MissLadyRea said:

Every case around mine has heard back already

Is this something that means something or is it like entirely random so means nothing?

I think Canada citizens can come to America to live with you anytime, you don’t need worries about the waiting at all, only long distance separated couples are hopeless and desperate. I still can bring my fiancé to mexico to live together but her mom is sick in hospital and her kids need goto schools, what else can I do, I want to find a job where I work from Russia but failed to find, every recruiter said I need work within America 

Edited by Mike20090622

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mike20090622 said:

I think Canada citizens can come to America to live with you anytime, you don’t need worries about the waiting at all, only long distance separated couples are hopeless and desperate 

No unfortunately that is not the case. Canadian citizens have to go through the k1 or cr1 process just liks people from anywhere else.

Our perk is that we dont need a visa to visit one another, but to live we do.

My fiance and I ARE long distance, and I do worry all the time.

we didn't go 20 months separated due to border closures and other policies and the dreadful 12 month so far wait for noa2 to be considered not a long distance couple 😂😂😂

Edited by MissLadyRea

1 minute ago, Mike20090622 said:

I think Canada citizens can come to America to live with you anytime, you don’t need worries about the waiting at all, only long distance separated couples are hopeless and desperate 

This is completely untrue. 

Canadians can be in the US for 6 months a year visiting but we can not just move. Doesnt work that way. We are just as tied in and stuck waiting as anyone else around the world. Which honestly makes no sense for Canada to take so long but, it is. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
15 minutes ago, MissLadyRea said:

No unfortunately that is not the case. Canadian citizens have to go through the k1 or cr1 process just liks people from anywhere else.

Our perk is that we dont need a visa to visit one another, but to live we do.

My fiance and I ARE long distance, and I do worry all the time.

we didn't go 20 months separated due to border closures and other policies and the dreadful 12 month so far wait for noa2 to be considered not a long distance couple 😂😂😂

14 minutes ago, SouthBound2022 said:

This is completely untrue. 

Canadians can be in the US for 6 months a year visiting but we can not just move. Doesnt work that way. We are just as tied in and stuck waiting as anyone else around the world. Which honestly makes no sense for Canada to take so long but, it is. 

Precisely. While it's technically easier to visit as a Canadian, there's always a chance you could get denied at the border and then forever lose your visa-free status. It's a nightmare scenario I've heard happen on here, and it's really sad. I think a lot of Canadians avoid coming to the US while waiting for K1 for this exact reason. 

And also, not to derail, but @MissLadyRea has a point - Canada had extremely strict border closures. Ironically Belarus had none, and during COVID I was one of the very, very, very few people to actually visit my fiancee abroad. I still count myself lucky for that. 

Edited by slavaskii

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Timeline

I think what he meant is that getting from Canada to the US or vice versa is just easier: 1) physically; sometimes you don't even have to fly, you can just drive there. 2) financially; because transatlantic flights are much more expensive. 3) legally; getting visas is not always easy. And also due to covid some countries still haven't resumed issuing any types of visas. 

But of course no one can relate to other couples' relationships. Being separate is tough no matter the reason 🙂

Edited by To_the_moon

Timeline
1 minute ago, To_the_moon said:

I think what he meant is that getting to Canada to the US or vice versa is just easier: 1) physically; sometimes you don't even have to fly, you can just drive there. 2) financially; because transatlantic flights are much more expensive. 3) legally; getting visas is not always easy. And also due to covid some countries still haven't resumed issuing any types of visas. 

But of course no one can relate to other couples' relationships. Being separate is tough no matter the reason 🙂

That'd be referring to visiting though, not living. Living together longterm is not possible without the proper visa

If we could visit, just like anyone else in this situation we would so I don't quite understand the point 

3 minutes ago, neto-66 said:

Canada and the US are both HUGE countries, I'm not sure why you would say that they don't count as long distance? The few Canada -> US couples I know are separated by over 1500km, some are even over 3500km apart. They don't get any more time to visit than people with B-2 visas, and even then, people have obligations that keep them from being able to visit frequently, like work, school, and family. As others have said, they don't have rights to live in America simply by being Canadian. They still have to qualify to move through work or family. If it were that easy, there wouldn't be hundreds of Canadians on VJ waiting on a K-1 or CR-1 just like you are.

It's not fair to tell other couples that have also had to deal with many months of separation and a visa process that they can't feel hopeless and desperate too. It isn't a competition. 

^^ exactly this. 

We are Alberta and Mississippi. 2450 miles apart. Flights are difficult due to covid, and now the increase in flight prices. We see eachother every 6 months the last few years but now its been 3 months and we have no idea when we will see eachother again, not u til our move. Our NOA1 was April 23 2021 and we have yet to hear a word. We have 2 children eagerly waiting to move and be with Dad and in our new home. Its incredibly difficult and just as long distance as any other. If only it were so simple between Canada and the US. 🙄 It's not... and now it's being held back because of Ukraine expedites etc as well from what I've seen. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, MissLadyRea said:

That'd be referring to visiting though, not living. Living together longterm is not possible without the proper visa

If we could visit, just like anyone else in this situation we would so I don't quite understand the point 

I don't even think we should discuss that😄 It was an inappropriate comment and I guess everyone agrees on that

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.