70000 -  1 RFE

70500 -  0  

71000 -  1 RFE

71500 -  0

72000 - 0

72500 - 0

73000 - 0

73500 - 0

Wow Today has start off really bad and sad. Hope it gets better by the end of the day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
3 hours ago, Jude C said:

This is from USCIS. Their goal is to reduce processing time for I-129F to 6 months by the end of the 2023. I hope they are able to do this. Sadly, for so many of us, this effort comes too late. 

WASHINGTON— Today, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is announcing a trio of efforts to increase efficiency and reduce burdens to the overall legal immigration system. USCIS will set new agency-wide backlog reduction goals, expand premium processing to additional form types, and work to improve timely access to employment authorization documents. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and resource constraints resulting from the prior administration, USCIS inherited a significant number of pending cases and increased processing times. Through today’s actions by the Biden administration, USCIS is acting to reduce these caseloads and processing times, while also ensuring that fair and efficient services are available to applicants and petitioners.

“USCIS remains committed to delivering timely and fair decisions to all we serve,” said USCIS Director Ur M. Jaddou. “Every application we adjudicate represents the hopes and dreams of immigrants and their families, as well as their critical immediate needs such as financial stability and humanitarian protection.”

Reducing Processing Backlogs

To reduce the agency’s pending caseload, USCIS is establishing new internal cycle time goals this month. These goals are internal metrics that guide the backlog reduction efforts of the USCIS workforce and affect how long it takes the agency to process cases. As cycle times improve, processing times will follow, and applicants and petitioners will receive decisions on their cases more quickly. USCIS will be increase capacity, improve technology, and expand staffing to achieve these new goals by the end of FY 2023.

The agency’s publicly posted processing times show the average amount of time it took USCIS to process a particular form – from when the agency received the application until a decision was made on the case. Internally, USCIS monitors the number of pending cases in the agency’s workload through a metric called “cycle times.” A cycle time measures how many months’ worth of pending cases for a particular form are awaiting a decision. As an internal management metric, cycle times are generally comparable to the agency’s publicly posted median processing times. Cycle times are what the operational divisions of USCIS use to gauge how much progress the agency is, or is not, making on reducing our backlog and overall case processing times.

new cycle time goals

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance

After many years meeting senior management in the Corporate world, and having friends and known people in the public sector & politics, for me this means it is a problem to be pushed foward, so don't bother us with it for some time.

Edited by Fil&Em

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Any March 29 updates? 

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

March 2020 - Met / Started dating LDR

October 2020 - Met in person

December 2020 - Decided to get engaged/married
May 2021 - K1 filed

December 2021 - Travelled to the states on ESTA

June 2022 - K1 approval

September 2022 - NVC case number

October 2022 - Case sent to the embassy

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

November 2022 - Travelled to the states on ESTA - 2nd time

September 2023 - Resumed case / took medical

October 2023 - Embessy interview - Approved

December 2023 - Arrived at the states

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

March 2024 - Biometrics 

May 2024 - EAD - AP Combo Card Approved

August 2024 - GC Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Flora88 said:

Here is the updates for Lunchtime

70000 -  1 RFE

70500 -  0  

71000 -  1 RFE

71500 -  0

72000 - 0

72500 - 0

73000 - 0

73500 - 0

Wow Today has start off really bad and sad. Hope it gets better by the end of the day

8 minutes ago, Etherial said:

Any March 29 updates? 

yes just a few messages above yours if this is what you mean.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
12 minutes ago, MissLadyRea said:

yes just a few messages above yours if this is what you mean.

Yes thanks 

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

March 2020 - Met / Started dating LDR

October 2020 - Met in person

December 2020 - Decided to get engaged/married
May 2021 - K1 filed

December 2021 - Travelled to the states on ESTA

June 2022 - K1 approval

September 2022 - NVC case number

October 2022 - Case sent to the embassy

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

November 2022 - Travelled to the states on ESTA - 2nd time

September 2023 - Resumed case / took medical

October 2023 - Embessy interview - Approved

December 2023 - Arrived at the states

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

March 2024 - Biometrics 

May 2024 - EAD - AP Combo Card Approved

August 2024 - GC Approved

1 hour ago, Flora88 said:

70000 -  1 RFE

70500 -  0  

71000 -  1 RFE

71500 -  0

72000 - 0

72500 - 0

73000 - 0

73500 - 0

If I worked at this speed in my job I would be fired. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, tiredofwaiting112 said:

If I worked at this speed in my job I would be fired. 

If I worked at this speed so many people would scream lol

Retail workers do their jobs correctly and get yelled at

uscis messes with peoples livelyhoods by doing literally nothing at their job and are praised with a big paycheck 😭

Edited by MissLadyRea

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, MissLadyRea said:

If I worked at this speed so many people would scream lol

Retail workers do their jobs correctly and get yelled at

uscis messes with peoples livelyhoods by doing literally nothing at their job and are praised with a big paycheck 😭

It is so sad that all our futures are dependent on them doing their jobs. Because as of the moments our personal lives are on hold without a sense of knowing when we will be able to plan or decide anything.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Flora88 said:

It is so sad that all our futures are dependent on them doing their jobs. Because as of the moments our personal lives are on hold without a sense of knowing when we will be able to plan or decide anything.

Literally. Both my fiance and I have things were trying to align with moving that just has been thrown out the window the more unpredictable uscis gets. 

and the potential of being one of the few left behind feels too real

Timeline

70000 -  1 Approval 3 RFE 2 Other 

70500 -  0  

71000 -  2 RFE 1 expedited denied 

71500 -  0

72000 - 1 Approval 

72500 - 0

73000 - 1 Expedited requested approved

73500 - 0

Not much has been done today for April filers total of 11 cases were touched. I think they focused more on March today, a total of 41 cases were touched in March.

Edited by Flora88

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Flora88 said:

70000 -  1 Approval 3 RFE 2 Other 

70500 -  0  

71000 -  2 RFE 1 expedited denied 

71500 -  0

72000 - 1 Approval 

72500 - 0

73000 - 1 Expedited requested approved

73500 - 0

Not much has been done today for April filers total of 11 cases were touched. I think they focused more on March today, a total of 41 cases were touched in March.

IMO that's what they should be doing. Finishing the current month before going into another. Maybe that will be their new strategy to speed up the processing times. If they keep everything organized and sort cases based on their receipt dates that could potentially increase the effectiveness and reduce turnaround time they spend jumping to different batches. 

P.S. I'm a May filer, so I don't necessarily benefit from this change. However, I think we would have much more predictability about when to expect our cases getting touched and also that way their official processing times posted on USCIS website would be much more reliable. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, To_the_moon said:

IMO that's what they should be doing. Finishing the current month before going into another. Maybe that will be their new strategy to speed up the processing times. If they keep everything organized and sort cases based on their receipt dates that could potentially increase the effectiveness and reduce turnaround time they spend jumping to different batches. 

P.S. I'm a May filer, so I don't necessarily benefit from this change. However, I think we would have much more predictability about when to expect our cases getting touched and also that way their official processing times posted on USCIS website would be much more reliable. 

Yeah I agree with you I am  June filer but have been very active in all the previous month forums to try to figure out and try to make a predictions. 

The smoother the months prior to us goes the smoother ours will go.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Jude C said:

This is from USCIS. Their goal is to reduce processing time for I-129F to 6 months by the end of the 2023. I hope they are able to do this. Sadly, for so many of us, this effort comes too late. 

WASHINGTON— Today, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is announcing a trio of efforts to increase efficiency and reduce burdens to the overall legal immigration system. USCIS will set new agency-wide backlog reduction goals, expand premium processing to additional form types, and work to improve timely access to employment authorization documents. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and resource constraints resulting from the prior administration, USCIS inherited a significant number of pending cases and increased processing times. Through today’s actions by the Biden administration, USCIS is acting to reduce these caseloads and processing times, while also ensuring that fair and efficient services are available to applicants and petitioners.

“USCIS remains committed to delivering timely and fair decisions to all we serve,” said USCIS Director Ur M. Jaddou. “Every application we adjudicate represents the hopes and dreams of immigrants and their families, as well as their critical immediate needs such as financial stability and humanitarian protection.”

Reducing Processing Backlogs

To reduce the agency’s pending caseload, USCIS is establishing new internal cycle time goals this month. These goals are internal metrics that guide the backlog reduction efforts of the USCIS workforce and affect how long it takes the agency to process cases. As cycle times improve, processing times will follow, and applicants and petitioners will receive decisions on their cases more quickly. USCIS will be increase capacity, improve technology, and expand staffing to achieve these new goals by the end of FY 2023.

The agency’s publicly posted processing times show the average amount of time it took USCIS to process a particular form – from when the agency received the application until a decision was made on the case. Internally, USCIS monitors the number of pending cases in the agency’s workload through a metric called “cycle times.” A cycle time measures how many months’ worth of pending cases for a particular form are awaiting a decision. As an internal management metric, cycle times are generally comparable to the agency’s publicly posted median processing times. Cycle times are what the operational divisions of USCIS use to gauge how much progress the agency is, or is not, making on reducing our backlog and overall case processing times.

new cycle time goals

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance

Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with 1-129F processing time. This is the I-129 - Petition for non-immigrant workers. This is mostly work related petitions/ forms. Basically the US  knows they need more workers and getting people EAD cards in a timely manner. This only comes into play for K1's who are waiting for the AOS and filed the work permit. So basically you can now get your work authorization faster. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.