J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, zedag said:

I was thinking about this, can we contact some immigration attorneys to see if they would be interested in starting a class action lawsuit? There's a couple of attorneys on Youtube that I feel would be sharkey enough to go for it.

I agree with this idea because I'm almost 1 year old and no response 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My Case Tracker app doesnt work. I've already deleted it and downloaded again. But it's still dead. My IOS is 14.8.1. Anyone here has the same problem and know how to fix it? Plz help.

many thanks ❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Lương Yến Hồng said:

My Case Tracker app doesnt work. I've already deleted it and downloaded again. But it's still dead. My IOS is 14.8.1. Anyone here has the same problem and know how to fix it? Plz help.

many thanks ❤️

Mine too! The app closes everytime I try to open it. Turned my phone on and off, deleted app, and still nothing. I didn’t update my phone to the newest update but it was working fine up until yesterday and others seem to have access 😕

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 21/03/2022 at 15:58, zedag said:

nessa nota,  https://www.aila.org/contact  eles entraram com uma ação coletiva por prazos de EAD super longos. Eu estava pensando em enviar um e-mail para o principal e-mail "executivo", executive@aila.org,executive@aila.org, para perguntar se eles têm algum plano ou conhecem alguém que esteja planejando entrar com uma ação coletiva por i129fs. Eu vou relatar de volta se eu ouvir alguma coisa.

any news about the email you sent to executive@aila.org,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cate.K said:

This is excruciating, just 10 cases per day... if they don't speed up, the timeline would be extended further to 14 or 15 months

imo they should be finishing with march before even focusing on April. I cant imagine how unbearable it will be as they move on and some are left behind

Im already expecting an extension if not for april filers but may and later with the small amounts theyre approving in general

On 3/21/2022 at 4:56 PM, Isabelle&Edward said:

I agree with this idea because I'm almost 1 year old and no response 

I checked with an immigration lawyer, you have to approve you've done everything in your power to request an update from USCIS before you file a complaint against USCIS. We are not even qualified for sending an inquiry as they keep pushing back the dates. it's been 338 days and I feel hopeless. People from other forums also told me our voices would not be loud enough to be heard. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, wenweichang said:

I checked with an immigration lawyer, you have to approve you've done everything in your power to request an update from USCIS before you file a complaint against USCIS. We are not even qualified for sending an inquiry as they keep pushing back the dates. it's been 338 days and I feel hopeless. People from other forums also told me our voices would not be loud enough to be heard. 

Does this also mean people who have filed inquiries but no longer qualify for them would not be able to file legal action?  Just trying to understand

3 minutes ago, MissLadyRea said:

Does this also mean people who have filed inquiries but no longer qualify for them would not be able to file legal action?  Just trying to understand

My understanding is any government agency including USCIS has to make a decision on each case within a reasonable time frame. If USCIS failed to act, filers can sue them by filing a lawsuit against USCIS. However, filers should have sent case inquiries, called USCIS and reached out to local congressperson before they file the lawsuit. With that being said, none of March/April filers can initiate lawsuits until we've done all of the above things. I believe Feb filers are qualified to do so if they've managed to try everything to move the case. I hope this explanation is clear. 

My fiance did send an inquiry to USCIS back in 27th Dec 2021 but only received general responses. Then USCIS keep pushing back the timeline every time we are getting closer to send another inquiry. Next thing I am going to do is to email local congressperson just to show how bad things have gotten, processing time is now even longer after the pandemic started. There is another group of people on FB, they come up with a letter sample demanding USCIS to reduce processing time and a spreadsheet of congressperson/senator in every state. I am not sure if I can share that link here,,, 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, wenweichang said:

My understanding is any government agency including USCIS has to make a decision on each case within a reasonable time frame. If USCIS failed to act, filers can sue them by filing a lawsuit against USCIS. However, filers should have sent case inquiries, called USCIS and reached out to local congressperson before they file the lawsuit. With that being said, none of March/April filers can initiate lawsuits until we've done all of the above things. I believe Feb filers are qualified to do so if they've managed to try everything to move the case. I hope this explanation is clear. 

My fiance did send an inquiry to USCIS back in 27th Dec 2021 but only received general responses. Then USCIS keep pushing back the timeline every time we are getting closer to send another inquiry. Next thing I am going to do is to email local congressperson just to show how bad things have gotten, processing time is now even longer after the pandemic started. There is another group of people on FB, they come up with a letter sample demanding USCIS to reduce processing time and a spreadsheet of congressperson/senator in every state. I am not sure if I can share that link here,,, 

Yeah that makes sense I gotcha. I was mainly curious for what could possibly be june and later filers, as we're all estimating it to increase they might also not get the chance to do any of that. Super frustrating that not much can be done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.