J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 1/29/2022 at 7:31 AM, CJPinEcuador said:

Nope. I’m on day 283 of the long wait. I was able to get one inquiry in before the push back of dates, but it just said that they had no timeline and offered no info. Now I guess I’ll be waiting 2 more months to be eligible to ask again if needed. Or longer if they kick it back yet again. 

Any news on your end Cj?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Leeser said:

Any news on your end Cj?

Basically at the exact same place. Today is day 332 of the wait and based on the Feb 21st date listed on USCIS, I am 2 months away from even making an inquiry and a month away from having completed a year of waiting. I won't even be eligible to inquire about my case until it is over a year old. And by then they might have pushed it back even  more. It's all been very upsetting. 

I also noticed that the new "historic processing time" for USCIS has FY 2022 is 10 months and it's climbing by the day. Most of us are over that and they have barely touched April. 

Edited by CJPinEcuador

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Day 347 and im already planning a birthday party to celebrate no noa2 for a whole year 

I'm even going to make a cake that says something like "uscis cant do their job" lol

"Celebration" that shouldn't even exist but here we are.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I'm personally so saddened seeing this happen. From my experience with March, there was a 'wall' between February and March, but they started doing a lot of February cases in an effort to clear the whole month. We got quite upset, even, as it was seemingly tradition in the past for them to keep moving onwards without regard to month. But now, seeing March only have 16 updates or so today is... horrifying. I feel so much for you guys.

I would be curious what USCIS would say to a Congressional Inquiry if someone pointedly asked what month they were working on. That's what I wrote back in November, and I was told, when it came back in January, they were still focused on February 2021 filers. What's weird to me is that if they did crack open the 700x group, they definitively moved to April, but now there's just slowdown all around...

Also: I do think the Ukrainian cases can cause more of a delay than we expect. My understanding is that background checks run concurrently while the apps are just sitting on desks; there is something run on the USC, after all. If all efforts are being put on cases that have NOA1s super recent (like even January 2022), then that's going to create a massive slog of work. This, unfortunately, seems highly reminiscent of the slowdown in September 2021 when the Afghan SIVs came in.

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm grateful I found Visa Journey, but I wish I found it before applying K1.  We would have applied for spousal visa, although, the wait is still a little longer, when he comes to the US, he's green card holder already.  Oh well!

Friday 18 March I went on the USCIS website and applied for expedited processing using the customer service chat. My fiancee is in Belarus. I never thought about applying for expedited processing because of the affects of the war before last week because the war is in Ukraine. I was sending my fiancee support money every month. However, when the war sanctions started I was unable to send her money. I had proof I sent her monthly support payments the last two plus years since we were engaged. The customer service woman asked me to answer why I believed I qualified for expedited processing. I stated the war sanctions prevent me from sending money to Belarus to support my fiancee and her daughter. So my fiance would soon experience a severe personal financial hardship. I also mentioned I couldn't travel to Belarus because the military (my job) wouldn't let me due to security risks. Long story short, I received an email Friday evening (the same Friday I applied) stating I was approved for expedited processing. I believe my petition would've also been expedited if I wasn't in the military because the severe sanctions was enough to justify expedite. I'm sharing this info for the benefit of I-129f applicants with fiance/fiancees in Belarus or Russia.

Hopefully the war will end soon. My thoughts, prayers and charitable contributions are with the tens of millions of innocent victims of this senseless war.

Edited by Shane C

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Shane C said:

Friday 18 March I went on the USCIS website and applied for expedited processing using the customer service chat. My fiancee is in Belarus. I never thought about applying for expedited processing because of the affects of the war before last week because the war is in Ukraine. I was sending my fiancee support money every month. However, when the war sanctions started I was unable to send her money. I had proof I sent her monthly support payments the last two plus years since we were engaged. The customer service woman asked me to answer why I believed I qualified for expedited processing. I stated the war sanctions prevent me from sending money to Belarus to support my fiancee and her daughter. So my fiance would soon experience a severe personal financial hardship. I also mentioned I couldn't travel to Belarus because the military (my job) wouldn't let me due to security risks. Long story short, I received an email Friday evening (the same Friday I applied) stating I was approved for expedited processing. I believe my petition would've also been expedited if I wasn't in the military because the severe sanctions was enough to justify expedite. I'm sharing this info for the benefit of I-129f applicants with fiance/fiancees in Belarus or Russia.

I will say that I think military is its own grounds for expedite; I've heard various service members had success with expedites before. But I do hope attention is finally being paid to Belarusian applicants. Hopefully, I can see you over in the NVC forum, where we try to figure out what to do next - Warsaw seems to be its own huge wait. Glad to hear your success!

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 3/19/2022 at 1:02 PM, Shane C said:

Hopefully the war will end soon. My thoughts, prayers and charitable contributions are with the tens of millions of innocent victims of this senseless war.

This is great news and I will call tomorrow and we have a similar situation and I hope I will be approved also, one question is you mentioned you support your fiancé for two years and you waited for k visa up to two years?  My fiancé lives in belgorod which is just 70 kilometers to Kharkiv and she hear helicopters flying every day and explosions sometimes and I am worried about her safety 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

everyone ready for another week of waiting? lol

also, if ya'll are down to sue USCIS i'm down haha

Edited by KSVJ

5 hours ago, KSVJ said:

I was thinking about this, can we contact some immigration attorneys to see if they would be interested in starting a class action lawsuit? There's a couple of attorneys on Youtube that I feel would be sharkey enough to go for it.

on that note, https://www.aila.org/contact they filed a class action lawsuit for EAD timeframes being super long. I was thinking about emailing the main "executive" email, executive@aila.org, to ask if they have any plans or know anyone that's planning on filing a class action lawsuit for i129fs. I'll report back if I hear anything.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, KSVJ said:

I am down for a lawsuit too! Count me in.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I applied expedited processing today and got approved but the email says it could take up to 45 days to get my na2.

For most cases, you should receive a decision or notice of further action on your I-129F within 45 days of the date of this letter.

my arguments:

1. I have provided 1000$ monthly family expenses support to my fiancé over the year and can’t do after the swift kick out, this falls into severe financial loss category.

2. My fiancé lives 40 miles from Kharkiv and it’s a war zone which falls into emergency humanitarian category.

3. I have worked for the federal government agencies for the past 15 years including DoD and OPM and I have an active public trust clearance so my background check should be easy.

People here who have a similar situation can ask for expedited processing but I think most April cases should be approved by May

Edited by Mike20090622

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Good afternoon everyone June filer here. 

Had some time and decided to run some numbers through the case tracker and this is the results

70000 - 1 Approval 

70500 - 0 

71000 - 5 Approvals 1 RFE

71500 - 2 Approvals

72000 - 0

72500 - 0

73000 - 0

73500 - 2 Approvals

74000 - 0

74500 - 0

75000 - 1 Approval

75500 - 0

76000 - 0

76500 - 0

77000 - 0

77500 - 0

78000 - 0

78500 - 0

79000 - 0

80000 - 0

80500 - 0

81000 - 0

81500 - 0

Total of 11 approvals and 1 RFE so far 

Best of luck to everyone and hopefully we get through April faster than the March processing times. There are still a little over 600 cases still untouched from March 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.