J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shane C said:

Another big problem is family based immigration process "is out of sight out mind" with most Americans. Unless you're a fiance/spouse visa petitioner or beneficiary, you're probably oblivious to the USCIS's mismanagement and crazy backlog issues. Also, the previous global COVID pandemic and now the horrific unecessary war in Ukraine has helped USCIS keep their problems under the radar. So relatively speaking, there's not a lot of pressure being put on USCIS to do their job. But then again, we shouldn't have to put pressure on people for them to simply do their jobs.

Sorry for the venting. I haven't seen my fiancee in over two years due to COVID travel restrictions and political turmoil in her home country. Now we're still being kept apart by an unecessary and preventable USCIS backlog and nobody is being held accountable.

Have you tried expediting your case? I see a august filer from Ukraine on here expedited and was approved. I know its unfair but last week it seemed like they were working on Ukraine filers for expedites than anything else. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cate.K said:

I wonder if the Processing Dates displayed on VJ are more accurate than the official USCIS one.

it is so disheartening to see K1 is further delayed to 10- 13 months.

image.png.c15f75640c483d68307ace68da35e42f.png

The most accurate will be the google drives posted. The ones showing 94% of april needing approval or denial still. 

As much as id love to say yeah theyre on April 9th!! The data from the case tracker and even experience here doesnt seem to replicate that.

The fact that they dont work in a perfect order may also play a part.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

really wish i could stop myself from checking myuscis...every time i do and the status is the same i just make myself more depressed lol

18 hours ago, DSBeijing said:

Bigger issues is lack of leadership in this Administration, head of agency Ur Mendoza Jaddou is waisting money and time on visiting citizenship awarding ceremonies and posting it on Twitter (if you want to get anojed on daily basis just follow her account).

What anoyes me the most is the fact, that USCIS is not taxpayers funded, but only by fees they collect, they collect huge amount of money, in case of K1 $565, and according to USCIS they need 12 minutes to adjudicate a case, so for 12 minutes of work per case they take $565, where the f is money going?!?

Also, i find it crazy that "anti-immigration" republican administration had double processing rates than "pro-immigraration" democrat led administration, also waits since middle of last year have doubled went from 5-6 months to 12-13. 

And this cannot be blamed on pandemic or Trump, because declining processing started in August 2021.

DSBeijing what database it you use to gather the processing data for k1 visas?  

5 hours ago, KSVJ said:

really wish i could stop myself from checking myuscis...every time i do and the status is the same i just make myself more depressed lol

Same 😟. I always say I’m not going to check anymore and when it happens it happens then I find myself checking AGAIN haha 😂🥺 I just mess with my own emotions. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ridiculously slow (take-it-easy) day for USCIS.

3 approvals (70000, 72500, 77500 ranges) and 2 RFEs (70000 and 74500 ranges).

At work this morning, we had a meeting and one of the topic we discussed is about productivity.  Then I thought of USCIS, wondering if they are even familiar of that term.  lol 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Mike20090622 said:

Nobody wants to do anything about the delays like a protest or a class action against uscis?

You might want to check the effort people from FB group called "I-129F processing times victims" are making. Basically they are contacting each member of Congress and letting them know what's the current situation with this matter. They got some responses already. I believe "cookie cutter" is the term for their type but still... It's something at least.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

I am a June filer but like everyone else checking all the months prior.

I just used the case tracker and this is the calculations I got.

Hope they are right 

70000- 4 Approvals 

70500 - 0

71000 - 2 Approvals

71500 - 0

72000 - 0

72500 - 0

73000 - 0

THE REST ARE ALL 0

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Flora88 said:

Hope they are right 

70000- 4 Approvals 

70500 - 0

71000 - 2 Approvals

71500 - 0

72000 - 0

72500 - 0

73000 - 0

THE REST ARE ALL 0

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Flora88 said:

Hope they are right 

70000- 4 Approvals 

70500 - 0

71000 - 2 Approvals

71500 - 0

72000 - 0

72500 - 0

73000 - 0

THE REST ARE ALL 0

Its just bad timing for K1's at this point. The humanitarian crisis in Ukraine has caused USCIS to review expedite cases for those countries. About 5 Ukraine cases got an expedite approval this week. Give it another week or two before they really start working April cases which has a large amount of cases. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.