J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
35 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

Something about this doesn’t seem right, the whole country is getting bombed anyway, there is no “safety” in Ukraine. Only thing I could possibly imagine is if the war wasn’t actually a valid expedite and they were approving by accident.

Did USCIS ask you for any further information/evidence? As an April filer, perhaps they assumed you’d receive NOA2 within 45 days anyway?

No. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
14 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

What?! Humanitarian visa?! Something is very wrong about that. I would recommend calling again. Most others were asked for documents after having the expedite successfully placed. I know Congressional reps can always put in the expedite for you, as well.

We called to congressman too. 
i-131 humanitarian visa 🙁 they told we can ask only about it

3 hours ago, CJPinEcuador said:

WEEKLY CHART UPDATE 3/6:

Approval changes this week: +17 (mostly expedite approvals, assumed to be Russia-Ukraine related across all months and in several ranges in our chart)

RFE changes this week: +4

3000+ Other Action aka "waiting and others"

Notes: Most approvals were expedite approvals. We also currently have about 81 March people in our April chart (see pic). They are processing basically all of the March chart ranges currently, but still have about 1000 waiting to hear any news on their case (about 25%) and another 700 with RFEs, so they may either double down on March or continue to slowly creep into April (I've seen both patterns since following VisaJourney over the past year). March also had a slow week as focus seemed to be put on expedites for Ukrainian fiances as many months reported a surge in expedite approvals (the May forum had this info up in the week as one of the members tracks many months and general #s still waiting).

image.png.89f4c76e1e772018783dda9e491531cb.png March people in the April Chart based on case #

Case Tracker: Those of you using the app (iOS version) may notice that the graph/visual feature is gone. I had an email conversation with the programmer this morning and he has removed it temporarily to create his own instead of using a 3rd party plug-in. He actually sent me pictures of the new version and it looks quite nice and easier to read. Hopefully it will be up and running very soon. Until then I'll update the chart the "long way" and export the data to manually get a count sorting the data in Excel. 

Still holding on to my last bit of hope that some of us will see movement before we hit 12 months, which isn't very far off for many of us unfortunately. If they don't push back the dates then we are less than 2 weeks away from putting in inquiries again (USCIS site lists receipt date for a case inquiry as March 19, 2021 as of today)

April Chart link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USXTWEww37JnWiCxW6ftP1UZjE6fKU2gn2Mk4OSVGLw/edit?usp=sharing

Big thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, The Haileys said:

How's the timeline looking for us April filers? Soooo tired of waiting lol

Its looking like more waiting 😔

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey Everyone - I know this is kind of an impossible question, and just an FYI I am British so will be doing my interview etc in London -  but when do y’all reckon us April files will actually have visa in hand ready to fly to the USA? Thanks for any input💞

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Edward&Lily said:

Hey Everyone - I know this is kind of an impossible question, and just an FYI I am British so will be doing my interview etc in London -  but when do y’all reckon us April files will actually have visa in hand ready to fly to the USA? Thanks for any input💞

At this point I'm just hoping by the end of the year. My fiance will be interviewing in London as well (he's in Northern Ireland) and I'm not sure how long the backlog is in London, but they've been doing pretty well. I've been keeping track of the K1 approval numbers over there (they haven't updated the January numbers yet - they usually do updates the end of the month for the month before, so January numbers were due to be out end of Feb). I'm not sure how long it will take from NVC to get to London and from what I see, people usually fight for appointments at the embassy. With how slow NOA-2 is, I'm just hoping interview and everything will be by the end of the year and hoping for sooner.

image.png.e9f229d44976af6b02c58c7bdd758131.png

Timeline
16 hours ago, KSVJ said:

At this point I'm just hoping by the end of the year. My fiance will be interviewing in London as well (he's in Northern Ireland) and I'm not sure how long the backlog is in London, but they've been doing pretty well. I've been keeping track of the K1 approval numbers over there (they haven't updated the January numbers yet - they usually do updates the end of the month for the month before, so January numbers were due to be out end of Feb). I'm not sure how long it will take from NVC to get to London and from what I see, people usually fight for appointments at the embassy. With how slow NOA-2 is, I'm just hoping interview and everything will be by the end of the year and hoping for sooner.

Thanks for the info, crikey I was thinking more August/September but you’re probably right 😕 if you don’t mind me asking, when was the last time you saw each other? I’m tempted to book a week out there in Summer just so we can see each other but just not sure if the cost is worth it if I would have visa shortly after 😕

Timeline
3 hours ago, Edward&Lily said:

Thanks for the info, crikey I was thinking more August/September but you’re probably right 😕 if you don’t mind me asking, when was the last time you saw each other? I’m tempted to book a week out there in Summer just so we can see each other but just not sure if the cost is worth it if I would have visa shortly after 😕

He just flew back home on Sunday 🙁. I'm worried about not knowing timings because I wanted to see him in the summer as well, but also just want to wait til his interview to fly over. I'm also worried about flight prices since I assume they'll be going up with the fuel prices and I don't know how long these skyrocketing prices will last. I just want this whole process to be over so badly.

Edited by KSVJ

Hi Guys! ~ Is anyone from South Africa? 

I can't find much information about South Africa! .. Just hoping we can be reunited with our partners by July!!! :(

Anyone got any new updates? or anyone follow the FB group? Also what do some of your estimates say you can expect a response?

Edited by Sunny54

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Sunny54 said:

Hi Guys! ~ Is anyone from South Africa? 

I can't find much information about South Africa! .. Just hoping we can be reunited with our partners by July!!! :(

Anyone got any new updates? or anyone follow the FB group? Also what do some of your estimates say you can expect a response?

Fill out your timeline. When did you apply? You can check the statistics by county on here. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 3/10/2022 at 6:57 AM, Edward&Lily said:

On 3/9/2022 at 2:38 PM, KSVJ said:

You mean April filers get our K visa by the end of the year? Are you serious? How come? I suppose uscis will approve our case in at most 2 months and we finish NVC and interviews using 3 more months, that would be summer, if that’s the case, I need make another plan 

Edited by Mike20090622

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, Mike20090622 said:

You mean April filers get our K visa by the end of the year? Are you serious? How come? I suppose uscis will approve our case in at most 2 months and we finish NVC and interviews using 3 more months, that would be summer, if that’s the case, I need make another plan 

Some April filers wont get a visa for 2+ years. 

Some will get it very fast.

London embassy is a troubled embassy so it will take a few months for an interview, the Philippines is another so anyone who's interview will be there will be waiting a long time.

I don't think they were trying to say everyone from april will have to wait till end of next year, its souly their estimate.

I have the same one, late this year or early next because Montreal is a troubled embassy. Its sometimes best to estimate the worst case scenario, because when better happens it's relieving

Edited by MissLadyRea

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.