J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 minutes ago, OM&OL said:

I've trying to turn audio on, but this is the first time I use this Webex application. What are they saying?

you can also call in:

888-323-9927

passcode: 3665625

I had my first expedite request denied a month ago for fear of a war breaking out in Ukraine.
This time I just said you guys denied us for fear of war, now war has happened. I am now requesting an expedite for war. Whole conversation was like 5 minutes.
Surprisingly, it was approved 2 days later. We have been waiting for a year anyways so it's not much of a consolation, but better than nothing I guess.
I wish the war didn't happen and we didn't receive the expedite to be honest. But here we are.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 3/3/2022 at 1:54 AM, Ozan said:

I had my first expedite request denied a month ago for fear of a war breaking out in Ukraine.
This time I just said you guys denied us for fear of war, now war has happened. I am now requesting an expedite for war. Whole conversation was like 5 minutes.
Surprisingly, it was approved 2 days later. We have been waiting for a year anyways so it's not much of a consolation, but better than nothing I guess.
I wish the war didn't happen and we didn't receive the expedite to be honest. But here we are.

Your fiancé is in Ukraine?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/3/2022 at 3:54 AM, Ozan said:

So sorry for all this situation, is your fiancée safe? Did they mention which consulate will be responsible for the case? I think you can also petition for an expedite at the NVC part of the process. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 3/3/2022 at 7:54 AM, Ozan said:

Uscis didn’t approve my expedite. Looks like it a lottery. I’m April 12 and Ukrainian too. Usa don’t care about Ukrainian people and I’m disappointed. I’m like a homeless in Europe right 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well yesterday was the last working day before my fiancé goes back home. I was hoping for an outcome before he leaves but that’s not happening. Today is one of those bad days. Sorry for being a downer, I know morale is low in the group…but man this is so hard. 

2 hours ago, Julichka said:

Uscis didn’t approve my expedite. Looks like it a lottery. I’m April 12 and Ukrainian too. Usa don’t care about Ukrainian people and I’m disappointed. I’m like a homeless in Europe right 

I’m so sorry. That’s just not right. There’s no way this situation doesn’t meet the expedite criteria. 

2 hours ago, Julichka said:

They are probably only approving people from areas directly affected buy war. 

Sadly USCIS has 0 accountability or any logic to its work, and everything is left to good will of faceless government officials. 

This is my first time dealing with US bureaucracy and i couldn't be more disappointed. Such level of incompetence is mind boggling.

I live in China for last 7 years, something like this wouldn't be possible here, since everything is digitaliszed and can be done online. Coworker got his fiance for Europe to China in 3 months in middle of pandemic, we are waiting for 10 months now

Edited by DSBeijing

Timeline
1 minute ago, DSBeijing said:

They are probably only approving people from areas directly affected buy war. 

Sadly USCIS has 0 accountability or any logic to its work, and everything is left to good will of faceless government officials. 

This is my first time dealing with US bureaucracy and i couldn't be more disappointed. Such level of incompetence is mind boggling.

I live in China for last 7 years, something like this wouldn't be possible here, since everything is digitaliszed and can be done online.

I know girls who have no war in region and they have no kids. So they have same situation like me but still I’m not enough good for uscis.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
Just now, Julichka said:

I know girls who have no war in region and they have no kids. So they have same situation like me but still I’m not enough good for uscis.  

Something about this doesn’t seem right, the whole country is getting bombed anyway, there is no “safety” in Ukraine. Only thing I could possibly imagine is if the war wasn’t actually a valid expedite and they were approving by accident.

Did USCIS ask you for any further information/evidence? As an April filer, perhaps they assumed you’d receive NOA2 within 45 days anyway?

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Timeline
1 minute ago, slavaskii said:

Something about this doesn’t seem right, the whole country is getting bombed anyway, there is no “safety” in Ukraine. Only thing I could possibly imagine is if the war wasn’t actually a valid expedite and they were approving by accident.

Did USCIS ask you for any further information/evidence? As an April filer, perhaps they assumed you’d receive NOA2 within 45 days anyway?

They just said “no” and I have to apply about humanitarian visa and wait 3 months and pay close to 600$. And MAYBE they will give me visa. 

Just now, Julichka said:

They just said “no” and I have to apply about humanitarian visa and wait 3 months and pay close to 600$. And MAYBE they will give me visa. 

And I’m not only one. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Julichka said:

And I’m not only one. 

What?! Humanitarian visa?! Something is very wrong about that. I would recommend calling again. Most others were asked for documents after having the expedite successfully placed. I know Congressional reps can always put in the expedite for you, as well.

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.