J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Saivarshini said:

I filed the second inquiry on 6th January and since I (beneficiary) did, we didn't get a proper response. 

Does it mean if my fiancé call, he could get any information? Does anyone know what to do in this scenario?

image.thumb.png.c389a767bd978ee4edd08b0d7f552b33.png

Not sure, but what was the date shown on the Estimate Processing Time page on the USCIS website when you submitted your inquiry on the 6th of January??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 hours ago, Saivarshini said:

I filed the second inquiry on 6th January and since I (beneficiary) did, we didn't get a proper response. 

Does it mean if my fiancé call, he could get any information? Does anyone know what to do in this scenario?

image.thumb.png.c389a767bd978ee4edd08b0d7f552b33.png

Only the petitioner, their attorney, or someone from congress can contact USICS about the case. Because they changed the processing times on the website you won't be able to submit another inquiry, but you can have your fiance call USCIS to ask them questions. They may not be able to give much information, but unfortunately it will have to be the petitioner. 

3 minutes ago, KSVJ said:

Only the petitioner, their attorney, or someone from congress can contact USICS about the case. Because they changed the processing times on the website you won't be able to submit another inquiry, but you can have your fiance call USCIS to ask them questions. They may not be able to give much information, but unfortunately it will have to be the petitioner. 

Thanks! 

Looks like I wasted an enquiry. Now we have to wait for two months to our date. Sigh. 😐

Timeline
1 hour ago, Saivarshini said:

Thanks! 

Looks like I wasted an enquiry. Now we have to wait for two months to our date. Sigh. 😐

Hopefully you'll get an approval before you have to submit another inquiry! Honestly I'm not sure how much inquiries help anyway. Our time will come soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

After listening yesterday I  can say I feel better about the fact that at least they are aware of the issues at all levels of the USCIS.

Don't feel any better about the timeline of our application ☹️

On 1/28/2022 at 4:49 PM, DSBeijing said:

USICS and Jaddou (head of agency) are very active on twitter. That is good place to voice our dissatisfaction with the current situation. Sometimes I belive they spend more time doing virtue signaling twits than actually doing something. Another good thing is, if you live in democratic district with Congressman standing for reelection in mid-terms, then contact them and voice your displeasure with the way this administration is solving situation with USCIS and Legal migration.

I love this .. I have always said that your Congressman work for you!!! call their office everyday. ( Take 10 mins offline and call or or go to their office )  

Edited by Gary Rich

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, keickhoff said:

After listening yesterday I  can say I feel better about the fact that at least they are aware of the issues at all levels of the USCIS.

Don't feel any better about the timeline of our application ☹️

Agree.

I didn't hear any specific reasons for the processing time delays for K1 (or others) unless I missed something on the call yesterday.

Processing times are now 2 to 3 times more in FY 2021 & FY 2022 compared to FY 2012 through FY 2020 for I129F (K1) applications. See Historic Processing Times (uscis.gov).

I hope they address the issues soon to stop further delays.

3 hours ago, Gary Rich said:

I love this .. I have always said that your Congressman work for you!!! call their office everyday. ( Take 10 mins offline and call or or go to their office )  

Yes, if we don't voice our opinions and clearly point to the falling USCIS nothing will change. 

This is especially true for Dems who run on platform that they will improve legal immigration.

Now we have ended with opposite, processing rates have fallen of the cliff since Current Administration has taken over.

I would understand if it was backlog that is the issue, but nothing can explain drop in processing rates across all Visas, when compared to last Administration

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 1/29/2022 at 12:22 AM, CJPinEcuador said:

WEEKLY CHART UPDATE 01/29:

Approval changes this week: +4

REF changes this week: +1

3327 Other Action aka "waiting and others"

January Totals (minus anything that may happen this weekend or Monday): In January there were (about) 14 cases "touched" aka Approved or RFE

WEEKLY CHART UPDATE 02/04:

Approval changes this week: +1 (happened today)

RFE changes this week: +2

3322 Other Action aka "waiting and others"

March is still moving at about 40-50 cases touched per day. Still 2000+ waiting on responses. 

I'm trying to stay positive, but man, this is gearing up to be a long and painful month.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, CJPinEcuador said:

WEEKLY CHART UPDATE 02/04:

Approval changes this week: +1 (happened today)

RFE changes this week: +2

3322 Other Action aka "waiting and others"

March is still moving at about 40-50 cases touched per day. Still 2000+ waiting on responses. 

I'm trying to stay positive, but man, this is gearing up to be a long and painful month.  

Yup, I saw the post on FB (April group), NOA1 April 26.  

USCIS is very random.

Thanks for the update.

Timeline

so my senator's office sent in an inquiry for me on 1/7 and i was able to send in my second on my own behalf on 1/25 (these were both before the processing time was changed to 10-12 months so i was outside of processing times at the time). total of 3 inquiries sent in for my case. for my inquiry on the 25th, i got a response that i'm within normal processing times. i spoke to my senator's office yesterday and they said that USCIS said that the processing times on their website are wrong...so....didn't help at all lol

8 hours ago, KSVJ said:

so my senator's office sent in an inquiry for me on 1/7 and i was able to send in my second on my own behalf on 1/25 (these were both before the processing time was changed to 10-12 months so i was outside of processing times at the time). total of 3 inquiries sent in for my case. for my inquiry on the 25th, i got a response that i'm within normal processing times. i spoke to my senator's office yesterday and they said that USCIS said that the processing times on their website are wrong...so....didn't help at all lol

The processing times are wrong? Sobthey updated the timelines and they aren't true? Maybe they mean it's 9-12 years. Lol.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.