J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, keickhoff said:

This is for all family related applications, sign it,share it.  100 signatures and change.irg will post 

Thank you for all what you've been doing. We have to post this on all months filers groups, even further ones because they know it's coming to them sooner or later if it's gonna stay that way and it might even get worse! And I'm one of them, we're September filers, and I know it's not our time yet, but it's been our nightmare the last two months, seeing how USCIS dealing with cases, we're living the stress from now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

15 supporters in just a few hours, but only 2 signatures.  Need 100 and change.org will publish, helping to get the word outside of just visa journey. Please sign and spread the word

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 hours ago, Sunny54 said:

Hey guys! ~ Does anyone have an estimate on VJ when their petition will be approved who filed around the same time as me? - the 16th April.

Also.. does the i129F petition expire? I read somewhere that our petition will expire either at USCIS or NVC if no action is taken in 12 months? Or is the only expiry when we receive the visa?

My estimate is March 14 - 22. NOA1 April 19

Timeline
1 hour ago, KSVJ said:

so i just had a slightly interesting convo with a USCIS officer. i got a call back from a tier 2 officer around 7am eastern time this morning and she basically told me that i would need to speak to California service center to answer my questions. after that call, i called the regular USCIS number and got an officer that provided more insight than usual. he said they're basically working at 40-50% capacity because of COVID restrictions in the offices. he said that California and NY offices are the most backlogged because they have the strictest COVID guidelines. i was under the impression that they were working from home, but he told me that they are not. i guess that puts it into perspective a little more for me since i thought they were taking cases home. i don't know if i'm the only one who didn't know this...but i thought i would share in case you were under the same impression as i was. hopefully they'll learn from this and make these forms electronic going forward so that if there's a global pandemic, operations won't stop and they can do this work from home...the fact that it's 2022 and we're still sending in paper is wild.

Thanks for sharing! The CR-1 is electronic, so they've been getting their noa2 in 4 months. The explanation definitely makes sense. There's no reason why we can't do everything electronic as well. Hang in there!

10 minutes ago, keickhoff said:

Fourth one signatures on the petition, 15 shares.  Not a lot but a solid start in 24 hours.  I have written my congressman, started this petition, tweeted the USCIS.  Let’s band together and make some noise.  I want Marisa to join me in the USA!!!!!!! And want you all to be approved ASAP

more signatures will come through because you have to confirm your email and the signature doesn't post until you do. just did it and sent it to my fiance too

On 1/30/2022 at 3:09 PM, keickhoff said:

This is for all family related applications, sign it,share it.  100 signatures and change.irg will post it

I just signed the petition.

I suspect most of the employees at USCIS that are working at 40% because of "COVID fears" go to Wal-Mart, Costco, restaurants, etc. when they leave work. Last time I checked two officers aren't standing next to each other reviewing the same petition. So why the need to work at 40%??? I take the virus seriouslly. I wear a mask religioully, wash/sanitize my hands frequently, social distance, had my vaccine and booster, etc. That said, vaccinated employees wearing masks being unable to process applications in socially distanced one person offices or cubicles defies logic. On one hand, you have people who have foolishly not taken any precautions to avoid getting or spreading the virus. On the other hand, you have people, businesses and organizations who have exploited the virus to find ways to do as little work as possible.

Timeline

Advice anyone on how to get this link in front of more people here on visa journey.  There are a lot of frustrated applicants like myself, let’s make some noise.  It is my understanding once we exceed 100 signatures on the petition change.org will help to promote us 

https://www.change.org/steamline-the-visa-process

Timeline

There is another petition on change.org, it is after the same thing as mine, so I am rescinding mine and throwing my support behind the one already on change.org.  Please follow the link sign and share

https://www.change.org/p/joseph-r-biden-lower-uscis-us-embassy-processing-times-to-pre-pandemic-levels?redirect=false

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Saivarshini said:

Did anyone attend the virtual briefing? Anything fruitful out of it?

I watched it. They mentioned the backlog. Stated they hired ppl (as their short term goal) and are still hiring ppl. Also said they’re in the process of training almost all in different service centers how to be able to adjudicate cases (Midterm goal). Also stated that the long term goal is to go fully digital, but that will take a lot of time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.