Gahmad

Administrative Processing......How long is too long?

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

It means that the administrative processing is on-going.  There is no indication of the approval timeframe.

I’ve been there. Was on 14 month AP while waiting for CR-1 approval. The one silver lining was the CR-1 was automatically changed to IR-1 by the time it was issued. Sadly, there’s nothing one can do while waiting; we wrote to congressmen and asked a friend working at the consulate. Same response. C’est la vie.

SOrry late to the party but when do you get AP? I applied for my Wife CR1 visa ONLINE in dec 2020. They have only 1 thing in status reading.

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

As of December XX, 2020, we are actively reviewing your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. Receipt Number XXXXXXX. Our records show nothing is outstanding at this time. We will let you know if we need anything from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

am i also in AP? or AP comes next.. is this normal? am i behind? should i contact someone? please help. Wife's family is getting aggrevated & have insecurities despite my assurances in trusting the process :x

please advise, thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
9 hours ago, MercyDom said:

I’m not sure how long AP takes, it has been very frustrating for my husband and I to go through this but I got an email 1st of April to go have a new medicals done so I have booked appointment for that, also got another email from my husband’s Senator as he has been making inquiries on our behalf.

The issue with my case has been resolved and once I get the new medicals, my visa will be issued, we were very happy to hear this and it took them about 90 days to conclude AP for us.

The thing about AP is that there’s no time frame but if you case is been updated often then it’s a good sign that they’re working on your case, I hope everyone will hear some good news soon.

That is awesome!

7 hours ago, DoodBoy said:

SOrry late to the party but when do you get AP? I applied for my Wife CR1 visa ONLINE in dec 2020. They have only 1 thing in status reading.

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

As of December XX, 2020, we are actively reviewing your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. Receipt Number XXXXXXX. Our records show nothing is outstanding at this time. We will let you know if we need anything from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

am i also in AP? or AP comes next.. is this normal? am i behind? should i contact someone? please help. Wife's family is getting aggrevated & have insecurities despite my assurances in trusting the process :x

please advise, thanks.

This discussion involves the type of AP that takes place post-interview.

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2021 at 10:48 PM, Cathi said:

Her AP has nothing to do with the Muslim ban as Jordan was never on the list of banned countries and people did not have extended AP through Jordan during the 4 years Trump was in office(I watch my portal). In fact, my mother in law and sister in law both received visitor visas through Amman that are valid for 10 years in late 2017, with ease.

We are now waiting 8 months in AP for the ds 5535 form... only option I think is writ of mandamus... completely unfair process n if there was some kind of order I wouldn’t feel so crazy. I’m not sure if there is something in question... they don’t say anything other than we are still processing 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
11 hours ago, Sonichkaw said:

We are now waiting 8 months in AP for the ds 5535 form... only option I think is writ of mandamus... completely unfair process n if there was some kind of order I wouldn’t feel so crazy. I’m not sure if there is something in question... they don’t say anything other than we are still processing 

DS-5535 has everything to do with Trump. 
It is supposedly under review. 
Absolutely worth filing Writ of Mandamus. 

Edited by HKS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.