Joe Kano

Here are the lockdown rules for Manila

15 posts in this topic

On 3/29/2021 at 7:29 AM, Joe Kano said:

Next time you want to know why the US Embassy isn't conducting routine visa interviews, keep this in the back of your head.

I am sure other places throughout Philippines have rules like this.

APOR Guide ECQ 2021, What to Do at Checkpoints (reportr.world)

I just saw on TFC they interviewed a guy who went outside of his house to pick up the McDonalds delivery and got arrested for being out at night

10 hours ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

You can blame all this BS on the fathead President of theirs. 

Duterte is lost, he really needs to step down.  Problem is I don't think anyone over there is capable of running the Philippines.

Sadly it looks like his tomboy looking daughter will be the next President.   She will be even more of a loser President than her father is turning out to be

15 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

Duterte is lost, he really needs to step down.  Problem is I don't think anyone over there is capable of running the Philippines.

Sadly it looks like his tomboy looking daughter will be the next President.   She will be even more of a loser President than her father is turning out to be

I actually like Sara tbh with you. I think she would take a harder line on China also

Edited by Cyberfx1024

2 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I actually like Sara tbh with you. I think she would take a harder line on China also

China is a lost cause now. There is no way the Philippines can dig themselves out of that hole without international help. 

I still remember when the UN determined that the PI, vietnam, Indonesia etc etc had rightful ownership to that area and within months China pretty much just moved in and took over. They have completely walked all over the Philippines. I think the handling of the SCS is much more embarrassing then how they have handled COVID. I still can’t wrap my head around how you let a country just move in and literally ####### in the backyard and nothing is done. 

I don’t think another 6 years of a Duterte would be beneficial and Pacquiao is not the answer as well. I really don’t know who is capable but the Philippines is at a critical junction in my opinion. I believe the next 6-10 years are almost make or break. The PI has fallen so far behind in Asia compared to where they were 40 years ago. The next one on the path to pass them is Vietnam. Pre-Covid that was about a decade away but now that timeline may have been drastically shortened. 

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

5 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

China is a lost cause now. There is no way the Philippines can dig themselves out of that hole without international help. 

I still remember when the UN determined that the PI, vietnam, Indonesia etc etc had rightful ownership to that area and within months China pretty much just moved in and took over. They have completely walked all over the Philippines. I think the handling of the SCS is much more embarrassing then how they have handled COVID. I still can’t wrap my head around how you let a country just move in and literally ####### in the backyard and nothing is done. 

I don’t think another 6 years of a Duterte would be beneficial and Pacquiao is not the answer as well. I really don’t know who is capable but the Philippines is at a critical junction in my opinion. I believe the next 6-10 years are almost make or break. The PI has fallen so far behind in Asia compared to where they were 40 years ago. The next one on the path to pass them is Vietnam. Pre-Covid that was about a decade away but now that timeline may have been drastically shortened. 

I want Philippines to stay in the dark ages.  It makes it more fun.

Now they are trying to make children be in car seats, Last I heard there was shortage of car seats in the Davao area and they were going for like $500 USD each, if you didn't have a car seat for child then you got a stiff penalty, last I heard they have decided not to enforce that rule in Davao due to shortage of car seats.

I like the Philippines being more like the wild west with very few laws or at least very few laws enforced.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/1/2021 at 3:59 AM, Joe Kano said:

I want Philippines to stay in the dark ages.  It makes it more fun.

Now they are trying to make children be in car seats, Last I heard there was shortage of car seats in the Davao area and they were going for like $500 USD each, if you didn't have a car seat for child then you got a stiff penalty, last I heard they have decided not to enforce that rule in Davao due to shortage of car seats.

I like the Philippines being more like the wild west with very few laws or at least very few laws enforced.  

I didn't know they made child car-seats for habal habals.  What's next?  Cars with seatbelts that aren't rubber banded together and stuffed into the seats?  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Joe Kano said:

I heard only 2 on a motorbike, I highly doubt that is enforced for habal habals

My first time in a car in the Philippines I get into a van and start digging out the seatbelt and my girlfriend says to me, "no hun only driver wears seatbelt here"

*** Reminder to not use foul language on this site what so every as per the TOS

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

On 4/3/2021 at 3:47 AM, Puppythecat said:

My first time in a car in the Philippines I get into a van and start digging out the seatbelt and my girlfriend says to me, "no hun only driver wears seatbelt here"

I remember my first ride in a cab out of NAIA (yeah, yeah, get Grab, I know.. luckily GF was with me), and I was like " Holy ####! Is this driver really going to play chicken with a bus!?!".

On 4/1/2021 at 4:56 AM, Joe Kano said:

I like her as a person only, not as a leader. I am not a fan of her as mayor either

Have you met her?

I have not met her unfortunately. I saw that she was here in DC for a couple weeks only after it was almost done otherwise we would have loved to make a trip up there to go to the embassy and to see her

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.