Destin

Stuck at NVC - they said the embassy has to request it before they send???!!!

23 posts in this topic

Hey,

I thought the NVC automatically sends the case to the embassy, but when I got the case number, they said they may not send it unless the embassy requests it since many embassies are closed right now.

Anyone else heard this? Thinking I may need to call them back as the Vietnam embassy isn't closed, so I'm not sure if we should do the DS-160 now or continue to bug the NVC or something else.

Help please! Thanks!

Just now, Destin said:

Hey,

I thought the NVC automatically sends the case to the embassy, but when I got the case number, they said they may not send it unless the embassy requests it since many embassies are closed right now.

Anyone else heard this? Thinking I may need to call them back as the Vietnam embassy isn't closed, so I'm not sure if we should do the DS-160 now or continue to bug the NVC or something else.

Help please! Thanks!

That's right, the NVC sends out approved petitions once the embassy requests them.

Bugging the NVC will not help.  No need to do the DS-160 until the embassy is ready to interview you.

2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

That's right, the NVC sends out approved petitions once the embassy requests them.

Bugging the NVC will not help.  No need to do the DS-160 until the embassy is ready to interview you.

Thanks!

So how does the embassy know to request them? I thought that was what the DS-160 was for. 

Are we still needing to just wait then? It shows as "At NVC" now for a week, but I have no idea how the embassy would even know it's there unless the NVC reaches out or we notify them somehow?

1 minute ago, Destin said:

but I have no idea how the embassy would even know it's there unless the NVC reaches out or we notify them somehow?

I’m pretty sure they have that figured out.

The embassy requests X amount of files for X amount of visa categories per month (e.g. they tell NVC “this month we will interview 5 K-1s” and NVC sends them). DS-160 has zero effect on this process. 

So yes, you wait until it changes to “In Transit”. They send out cases every other Tuesday (every 2 weeks). This month for example they sent petitions March 2, 16, 30.

3 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

I’m pretty sure they have that figured out.

The embassy requests X amount of files for X amount of visa categories per month (e.g. they tell NVC “this month we will interview 5 K-1s” and NVC sends them). DS-160 has zero effect on this process. 

So yes, you wait until it changes to “In Transit”. They send out cases every other Tuesday (every 2 weeks). This month for example they sent petitions March 2, 16, 30.

Gotcha,

So I'm basically in queue atm, and could be there a while if VN has a lot and they don't want to do a lot, which isn't something I can't really figure out.

Thanks again though!

Edited by Destin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This is Exactly the challenge I am facing too,since the 20th January USCIS Approved my case and sent it out to the NVC.They keep saying that the local consulate is not open,but the consulate officially resumed routine Visa services on 17th of this Month.personally the delay is really frustrating.We have been on this since 3rd March 2020

8 hours ago, Lordkingsley said:

This is Exactly the challenge I am facing too,since the 20th January USCIS Approved my case and sent it out to the NVC.They keep saying that the local consulate is not open,but the consulate officially resumed routine Visa services on 17th of this Month.personally the delay is really frustrating.We have been on this since 3rd March 2020

I’ve been stuck at the NVC since last year. And trust Lagos. They don’t answer the phone or emails. And if they answer the email it’s with an automated response

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, Destin said:

Help please! Thanks!

This is standard. There is a huge backlog because most embassies closed/stopped interviews in 2020 due to the pandemic. I for one, have been waiting for an interview letter since May 2020.

Your best bet is look for others who are processing in your same embassy and see what their waitlist is like. Every country is different... Look in PORTALS at the top of the page, to see others from your same spot.

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Lady A said:

I’ve been stuck at the NVC since last year. And trust Lagos. They don’t answer the phone or emails. And if they answer the email it’s with an automated response

So sorry my Dear Sister,this is really pathetic.But I hope strongly they start responding to our cases soon.l just joined this platform yesterday,I feel good to learn from other people experience.l felt like I was the only one.Yes am in Nigeria Lagos too been hopeful.When was the last time u contacted NVC or your fiancee?

22 minutes ago, Lordkingsley said:

So sorry my Dear Sister,this is really pathetic.But I hope strongly they start responding to our cases soon.l just joined this platform yesterday,I feel good to learn from other people experience.l felt like I was the only one.Yes am in Nigeria Lagos too been hopeful.When was the last time u contacted NVC or your fiancee?

We contacted them all the time initially then realized it’s not really doing anything. It’s the consulate that has to tell NVC to send the application otherwise they won’t do it. I tried contacting the embassy via phone and email and got the standard automated responses.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lady A said:

Timeline

Exactly the same response I keep getting from Lagos consulate too, machine automated,so so frustrating and annoying.well let's keep hoping,I see they have resumed formally for routine VISA services on 17th,Let's hope they start working on K visa.am happy about this platform where people share their respective experience,Never knew something like this existed

1 hour ago, Lordkingsley said:

Exactly the same response I keep getting from Lagos consulate too, machine automated,so so frustrating and annoying.well let's keep hoping,I see they have resumed formally for routine VISA services on 17th,Let's hope they start working on K visa.am happy about this platform where people share their respective experience,Never knew something like this existed

Really? Where did you see the announcement of formal resumption of services in Lagos? I haven’t seen it o 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.