neca

Changes to the Wikis, and other thoughts

1 post in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

First,  The NVC Process Wiki        seems to incorrectly label (via underline) "AOS" in step six as "Adjustment of Status" when I believe it's meant to be read as "Affidavit of Support."

Second, in relation to the underlining/defining/highlighting of acronymed terms, I find them handy as I am still learning the lingo/shorthand myself, but they aren't expansive. Acronym Summary Page lists AOS as meaning both Adjustment of Status AND Affidavit of Support, but the underlined only lists the former. AP, which follows, similarly has two meanings, but isn't underlined at all. Would it be too much trouble to expand the acronyms that are defined via hovering with the cursor?

Third, similar to the other thread on showing dates on searched threads, I think it'd be helpful to have a "current as of [date]" note at the top of each wiki/guide, for the same reason that immigration info seems to be always changing.

A final request/suggestion: a feature that would allow us to save threads, that doesn't involve following. I currently use a mixture of following threads, bookmarking pages, and emailing the links to myself to keep threads I want to reference later. Being able to privately organize the saved threads would be a nice feature too, like being able to tag or put into different holding containers. For example, if I have a number of threads I reference related to the NVC process, I could put it under an NVC container. This also seems like it could be a thing that is satisfied by the follow feature that I just need to learn, but following to me seems like something one does to active threads, not to old threads.

Please forgive me/correct me if the stuff I'm going on about already has a solution or a workaround; these are just some of the things I'm picking up on now that I've been on here a few months. I'm growing to really enjoy this site, so please don't take this as complaining or anything of that sort. Thank you to everyone who has had a hand in keeping this such a good resource for those of us on this confusing and lengthy journey!

👐

Patience......patience.