Snowylove

USCIS approval notice and NVC

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I’ve never wrote here before but I’m not new to the forum. 

I’m currently in the K1 process and received the approval letter from USCIS. The letter says that my case is now at the NVC and that if I didn’t hear from them within 30 days I had to email them. I did, but I haven’t heard back from them yet. Does anyone know how long this process could take? And what the next steps will be. 

I’ve been apart from my fiancé for a year now and it’s killing me. I understand that there’s a lot more people in this situation and especially due to COVID I need patience, but we started the process in March last year, and I’m just curious when we could be able to see each other again.

Thanks so much! 

NVC does not send you anything nor do they contact you. You have to call NVC yourself to get your case number. It could take up to 6 weeks for NVC to receive your petition from USCIS after the approval. 

Timeline
Just now, powerpuff said:

NVC does not send you anything nor do they contact you. You have to call NVC yourself to get your case number. It could take up to 6 weeks for NVC to receive your petition from USCIS after the approval. 

Thank you for your response, I’ll contact them and ask about the case number. Do you have any idea, after receiving the case number, how much longer this process could take? 

1 minute ago, Snowylove said:

Thank you for your response, I’ll contact them and ask about the case number. Do you have any idea, after receiving the case number, how much longer this process could take? 

That depends in which country you’ll be interviewing in. It would be helpful if you could fill in your timeline and other info in your profile settings. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

That depends in which country you’ll be interviewing in. It would be helpful if you could fill in your timeline and other info in your profile settings. 

I’ll be interviewing in Amsterdam, going to Dallas

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Snowylove said:

Hi everyone,

I’ve never wrote here before but I’m not new to the forum. 

I’m currently in the K1 process and received the approval letter from USCIS. The letter says that my case is now at the NVC and that if I didn’t hear from them within 30 days I had to email them. I did, but I haven’t heard back from them yet. Does anyone know how long this process could take? And what the next steps will be. 

I’ve been apart from my fiancé for a year now and it’s killing me. I understand that there’s a lot more people in this situation and especially due to COVID I need patience, but we started the process in March last year, and I’m just curious when we could be able to see each other again.

Thanks so much! 

NVC does contact you but ONLY when they forward the case to the consulate.   With Covid,  this can be a very long time depending on your consulate 

YMMV

9 minutes ago, Snowylove said:

I’ll be interviewing in Amsterdam, going to Dallas

Unfortunately, due to the travel ban with the Schengen Area, the consulates in Europe are not routinely processing K-1s and haven’t been since March 2020. It’s hard to say when they will resume and when they do, there will be a considerable backlog because of all the cases that accumulated at the NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

OP, while waiting for the K1, you can always travel to visit. If you are not allow in the Netherlands, then meet in a third country.  Also, your fiance can spend 2 weeks in a non travel banned country and then come visit you in the US.

That is what many other couples have done.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My Case has been with NVC Since January 20,l have mailed them ,yet No reasonable feed back.Lagos Nigeria consulate is now working l tried contacting them to no my stand yet No feed back.This whole thing is so frustrating

Timeline
On 3/26/2021 at 5:07 PM, SteveInBostonI130 said:

OP, while waiting for the K1, you can always travel to visit. If you are not allow in the Netherlands, then meet in a third country.  Also, your fiance can spend 2 weeks in a non travel banned country and then come visit you in the US.

That is what many other couples have done.

Sadly I can not get a Esta visa no more. But I heard that it’s possible while waiting on a K1 to file a form i-131 to visit the states. Is this true? 

Online I’ve read:

USCIS has been increasingly accepting scanned copies of hand signatures to forms, and now they will accept such for Forms I-129, I-539, and I-131 as well, but signing parties are required to hold on to the originally signed paper in case USCIS asks for it.

22 hours ago, Lordkingsley said:

My Case has been with NVC Since January 20,l have mailed them ,yet No reasonable feed back.Lagos Nigeria consulate is now working l tried contacting them to no my stand yet No feed back.This whole thing is so frustrating

I hope you’ll hear from them soon.. it’s so unfair to be in this situation at this time... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Awwwwwww,l strongly claim this,been in this platform has been so encouraging.Thank you for been so kind with your word.l know soon we all will celebrate and give GOD Thanks for coming to our aid🙏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Snowylove said:

Sadly I can not get a Esta visa no more. But I heard that it’s possible while waiting on a K1 to file a form i-131 to visit the states.

I-131 is the application for advanced parole.  It is for people who arrive to the US on a K1, get married, and submitted for adjustment of status.  It allows those waiting for AOS (actually from any situation, nit just K1), to leave the US without abandoning their petition.

It does not apply to your current situation.

Technically the travel ban expires at the endof the month.  As long as the president does not extended it, you have a chance to apply for a B2 visa in a few days.  Or maybe your K1 will be sent to the embassy and ypu can get your interview in a few months.))

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.