ericdraven

Shes coming to see me help !!

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My American Princess is coming over to see me in 30 days yea :dance: Carn't wait. Sorry for boring you with this but I want to tell the world. I live in bolton, near Manchester. Could anyone tell me what would be good to go and do in the area. Was thinking of taking her to blackpool or another seaside beach for a couple of days if theres a better one near by. Another thing is I proposed over the phone, and I'm gonna redo when she gets here. Wan't it to be really special more than just a meal and roses (F) any Ideas ? You lady's must have some real good Idea's. Please help :help: the more Ideas the better

Thanks for all your help

Eric

:D

July 26th 2006 Took a trip to Texas !!!

Aug ???? 2006 Saw a Pretty Lady (Kristy of course)

Apr 10th 2007 After talking to lawyers and lots of tears returned home

May ??? 2007 Kristy go's in hospital for op

Jun 11th 2007 129F Paperwork sent

Jun 25th 2007 At last got NOA1 !!!

Jun 27th 2007 Touched

Jun 15th 2007 Its my Birthday Yea!!!

Aug 1st 2007 Kristy coming to see me !!!

Aug 11th Kristy went home :(

Oct 26th 2007 We've had our first touch !!!

Oct 31th 2007 Yes we've been touched Yet again !!!

Oct 31st Kristy coming to see Me yea !!!

Nov 1th 2007 Another touch is today the day!!!

Nov 2nd 2007 Another touch Now I'm getting Worried :(

Nov 7th Kristy Had to go home :(

Nov 7th no touches or update's since the 2nd and now A RFE !!! :((

Dec 14th 2007 At last NOA 2 !!! :))

Jan 15th 2008 paperwork landed at NVC

Jan 16th 2008 on itw way to london !!!

Jan 22nd 2008 recieve by the embassy

Jan 28th 2008 Oh my !!! panic packet 3 on my door step

Jan 29th 2008 Back in the post next day delivery !!!

Feb 4th 2008 Medical in london

Feb 25th 2008 interview at embassy Approved !!!

Mar 5th 2008 Flying Home !!!

April 5th 2008 Getting Married !!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I've always been fond of the "caveman" approach. A club to the head always does the trick! :lol:

LOL yea thought about that thats why I asked for the ladies point of view

Jun 27th 2007 Touched

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I like the caveman approach, one of those very lame proposals, you know? Like ring on her dessert, you on your knees in a restaurant, I don't think there's any woman that wouldn't like that. Plus, a man on his knees is always good :P

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'd suggest to keep it open to anytime when it feels like the right time, planning times that you two will be alone in a romantic setting, where it feels like time is standing still - no other distractions... then pull out the club and hit her! :P propose to her! :D

well the proposal isnt going to be a huge surprise as it has already been done on the phone. I think the first thing you should do is buy an engagement ring. Yes you may not know her size or what she would prefer, but you can always return to the jewellery store when she is with you so buy something you think she will like, simple and elegant. You could plan a special day for her so breakfast in bed with something really indulgent like smoked salmon and scrambled eggs with a single rose on a tray. You could prepare the food for a picnic in advance (or go to Marks & Spencer) and then take her for a lovely lunchtime picnic somewhere remote and scenic, followed by a drive around the local area, showing her points of interest or taking her to places you frequent or that were part of your childhood perhaps. In the evening you could arrange to take her to a nice restaurant and there present her with the ring you bought. It would be a perfect ending to a perfect day.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
well the proposal isnt going to be a huge surprise as it has already been done on the phone. I think the first thing you should do is buy an engagement ring. Yes you may not know her size or what she would prefer, but you can always return to the jewellery store when she is with you so buy something you think she will like, simple and elegant. You could plan a special day for her so breakfast in bed with something really indulgent like smoked salmon and scrambled eggs with a single rose on a tray. You could prepare the food for a picnic in advance (or go to Marks & Spencer) and then take her for a lovely lunchtime picnic somewhere remote and scenic, followed by a drive around the local area, showing her points of interest or taking her to places you frequent or that were part of your childhood perhaps. In the evening you could arrange to take her to a nice restaurant and there present her with the ring you bought. It would be a perfect ending to a perfect day.

Wow. Britty, will you propose to me? :)

No, seriously, I think any girl would love the romance of you already having the ring picked out, even if it's not her size. It's so much more special that way, like "wow, you thought that much of me to prepare?" It's not even about the ring, it's about the idea behind it.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline

Thanks for that real good of you to post. like the picnic thats a great Idea thanks alot

Any more good Ideas

Besides the clubs LOL

Eric

Jun 27th 2007 Touched

1. Something private.

2. Something meaningful to the two of you.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Timeline
No, seriously, I think any girl would love the romance of you already having the ring picked out, even if it's not her size. It's so much more special that way, like "wow, you thought that much of me to prepare?" It's not even about the ring, it's about the idea behind it.

Isn't that how it's normally done?

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Isn't that how it's normally done?

Well engagement rings aren't the custom in every country....though I assume they are in England, but as an American girl, I'd like it that way :)

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

[b]Does Blackpool still have those pony and trap type rides around the place?....you have the Tower of course - or try asking at the peak of a really high amusement ride?....lol....just thinking Blackpool here[/b] -

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
1. Something private.

2. Something meaningful to the two of you.

:yes: If I were the woman and the man proposed to me at a ball game in front of a bunch of strangers, I'd slap him and tell him I'll get back to him later with an answer.

Edited by Steven_and_Jinky