TBoneTX

All F2B Updates in This Thread (Part 2)

746 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kingston, Jamaica consulate.  Application submitted 2014.  Got approved USCIS and completed NVC 2019...covid hit, then interview today.

Married December 2011

04/03/13 - Mailed I130/I485/I131/I76504/08/13 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

04/16/13 - NOA(x4) Text/Email received with MSC number, routed to NBC

04/18/13 - Able to check status on USCIS site

04/18/13 - Received biometrics notice for 5/8/13 apt

04/23/13 - Biometrics completed by walk-in

05/14/13 - I-485 Case Status updated to Testing & Interview

05/20/13 - Text message (as of 5/19/13 I-485 interview date set for 6/20/13)06/10/13 - Status update - AP approved EAD in card production

06/14/13 - Status update - EAD/AP card mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/17/13)

06/17/13 - EAD/AP Combo Card arrival!!!!!! (I am cute looking in my picluv.gif)06/20/13 - I-485 Interviewgoofy.gif

06/20/13 - Pronto Approval!!!! "As of today you are a Legal Permanent Resident of the USA"

06/20/13 - Status updated 3 times (1-485 card approval/production, 1-130 approval NOA mailed out & 1-NOA of LPR registration status)

06/25/13 - GC in card production

06/26/13 - Status update - GC mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/29/13 )

07/01/13 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY and 4th of JULY to me (GC received - Praise be to God for another miracle and blessing!!!) cray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifTears of Joy!!

REMOVAL OF CONDITION (ROC)

03/02/15 - USCIS Removal of Condition reminder letter received

03/30/15 - I-751 package submitted

03/31/15 - I-751 package delivered to USCIS

04/01/15 - NOA date

04/03/15 - I-751 check cashed by USCIS

04/28/15 - Biometrics appointment

01/26/16 - Email notification - I-751 Approved and card in production

01/28/16 - Card mailed out

01/30/16 - Thank God!! received card in the mail (NEXT STEP - CITIZENSHIP)

CITIZENSHIP

03/22/16 - N-400 package submitted​

03/23/16 - N-400 package delivered to USCIS

03/30/16 - Check cashed by USCIS

03/30/16 - NOA

04/13/16 - Biometrics appointment

07/15/16 - Interview Date

07/27/16 - Oath

1211 days!!!!!! PRAISE GOD...I AM A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
8 hours ago, ThruBlack said:

Hello everyone

I'm a F2B with interview scheduled on 23rd 2022, Nairobi Kenya.

Done with my medicals yesterday at IOM.

Kindly, wondering which questions should I expect from the consular

Thank you.

Hello, 

Glad you received an interview date and almost through with this treacherous process. I'm also a Kenyan, F2B awaiting interview letter, PD 05 2016, DQ 06 2021. Will be a straight forward interview, Mostly establishing your relationship with the petitioner (When you last saw each other, last visit if applicable to the country, reason for visit, where they stay in the US etc) and probably your relationship/family status (If you have kids, their mother, how you'll support them, if you intend to petition for them etc)

Kindly share your priority date and DQ date, would really help me try figure out when my IL will be sent out. Thanks a lot 

Hi! Everyone

FYI.  

Category F2B 

PD: April 2013 

RFE: July 2019

I30 approval: December 2019

NVC case creation: march 2020

DQ: may 2021

IL: February 16, 2022

Interview: March 10, 2022

Visa issuing: March 15, 2022

Visa delivery: March 17, 2022

Consulate: Bogotá, Colombia 

Interview details:

Who's your petitioner? Show me your birth certificate and your mother's. That's it. "Welcome to the US"

It's a quite process, but remain calm and wait. Everything's gonna be ok!

Good luck 🤞

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 3/19/2022 at 2:56 PM, Dave_VE said:

Hi! Everyone

FYI.  

Category F2B 

PD: April 2013 

RFE: July 2019

I30 approval: December 2019

NVC case creation: march 2020

DQ: may 2021

IL: February 16, 2022

Interview: March 10, 2022

Visa issuing: March 15, 2022

Visa delivery: March 17, 2022

Consulate: Bogotá, Colombia 

Interview details:

Who's your petitioner? Show me your birth certificate and your mother's. That's it. "Welcome to the US"

It's a quite process, but remain calm and wait. Everything's gonna be ok!

Good luck 🤞

Congratulations but why did they ask for your petitioner birth certificate? Did you have DNA?

On 3/17/2022 at 5:40 PM, Mundo254 said:

Hello, 

Glad you received an interview date and almost through with this treacherous process. I'm also a Kenyan, F2B awaiting interview letter, PD 05 2016, DQ 06 2021. Will be a straight forward interview, Mostly establishing your relationship with the petitioner (When you last saw each other, last visit if applicable to the country, reason for visit, where they stay in the US etc) and probably your relationship/family status (If you have kids, their mother, how you'll support them, if you intend to petition for them etc)

Kindly share your priority date and DQ date, would really help me try figure out when my IL will be sent out. Thanks a lot yes that information would really help. 

I'm Kenyan as well and that information would really help. Hope he'd reply. I'm Dq Sept 2020, pd may 2015. Haven't heard anyone with f2b get an interview. Have you?

Timeline
5 hours ago, Munga254 said:

I'm Kenyan as well and that information would really help. Hope he'd reply. I'm Dq Sept 2020, pd may 2015. Haven't heard anyone with f2b get an interview. Have you?

Glad to here your pd is current and docs dqd, hopefully soon you should be receiving an IL, please keep us posted. He didn't reply, said he had an interview on 23rd, hopefully he'll reply and tell us how it went. Haven't had much about F2b interviews in Kenya, looked up visa issuance numbers and they are averagely giving out 2 visas a month, either they are quite slow or we are few in our category. Hopefully things ramp up soon. Have you received any '30/60 day' emails from NVC?

14 hours ago, Mundo254 said:

Glad to here your pd is current and docs dqd, hopefully soon you should be receiving an IL, please keep us posted. He didn't reply, said he had an interview on 23rd, hopefully he'll reply and tell us how it went. Haven't had much about F2b interviews in Kenya, looked up visa issuance numbers and they are averagely giving out 2 visas a month, either they are quite slow or we are few in our category. Hopefully things ramp up soon. Have you received any '30/60 day' emails from NVC?

We are few;-Pre Covid they used to do 3-5 Interviews per month. I get the 60 days emails like clockwork. Lost count at this point. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Munga254 said:

We are few;-Pre Covid they used to do 3-5 Interviews per month. I get the 60 days emails like clockwork. Lost count at this point. 

At least thats a good sign, IL around the corner. Probably before the next fiscal year. Keep me posted brother when there are any developments. 🙏

Hello,

First, I was documentarily qualified 07/2020 under F2B category. My interview (03/23/2022), went superb, but unfortunately refused. I was give a 221g (yellow slip), to provide W2's forms from my sponsor. I DHL them the same day at the Village Market location. Since then, I haven't received any updates from the Consular, and my CEAC status remain unchanged(Refused).Just wanted to add that my passport was returned to me. Just hoping for a positive news soon.

trublack.JPG

Edited by ThruBlack

Timeline
43 minutes ago, ThruBlack said:

Hello,

First, I was documentarily qualified 07/2020 under F2B category. My interview (03/23/2022), went superb, but unfortunately refused. I was give a 221g (yellow slip), to provide W2's forms from my sponsor. I DHL them the same day at the Village Market location. Since then, I haven't received any updates from the Consular, and my CEAC status remain unchanged(Refused).Just wanted to add that my passport was returned to me. Just hoping for a positive news soon.

trublack.JPG

You are on track. Usually happens esp during this time of the year when people are filing taxes in the US. You'll be fine. They will obviously contact for your passport as soon as your AP is cleared. All the best.

What was your priority date? What kind of questions did they ask?

Edited by Mundo254

Thank you for your encouragement,

I'm confident it will be issued,

My priority date is 15thFebruary 2015.

DQ'ed  13th, July 2020.

I was only asked 3 questions

My names, whos is my petitioner, and the relationship to the  petitioner.

Then, he looked at my documents, and took my Police clearance and kept it(certificate of good conduct), and asked for W2's( I didn't have it)

He issued me a 221g yellow slip( for W2's), and instructed that I send the copies to them. Now it's a waiting game.

Edited by ThruBlack

Timeline
1 minute ago, ThruBlack said:

Thank you for your encouragement,

I'm confident it will be issued,

My priority date is 15thFebruary 2015.

DQ'ed  13th, July 2020.

I was only asked 3 questions

My names, whos is my petitioner, and the relationship with petitioner.

Then, he looked at my documents, and took my Police clearance(certificate of good conduct), and asked for W2's

He issued me a 221g yellow slip, and instructed that I send the copies to them. Now it's a waiting game.

Great! God speed! Thanks a lot for the info. Keep us posted.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2022 at 6:31 PM, Mundo254 said:

Some good news. Got my IL. Your next. seems embassy is working really hard to clear the backlog. I know someone of else dq Nov 2020 that received as well. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.